Opinion Warren Tredrea - Court Case

Remove this Banner Ad

I am fully vaxxed, but have close family and relatives who like Tredders, while not being anti-vaxxers, made a strong stand with employers and other institutions over being forced to undergo a medical treatment that was barely trialled, and that they didn't want. I personally didn't agree with the stance, but I totally disagree with how they and Tredders were treated. I really hope that channel 9 are made to pay for this. The scare-mongering at the time was unbelievable, and to sack sometime in his industry over it was ridiculous!

Personally I feel Ch 9 were within their rights to not have people working there who were not vaxxed. What I don't go for is this new development where, now that he's in court, it's suddenly become "Oh, it wasnt about vaccination, it's because you were s**t at your job". Even though they'd never said anything (at least publicly) about it before. Get your hand off it Ch. 9.

Personally I feel Ch 9 were within their rights to not have people working there who were not vaxxed. What I don't go for is this new development where, now that he's in court, it's suddenly become "Oh, it wasnt about vaccination, it's because you were s**t at your job". Even though they'd never said anything (at least publicly) about it before. Get your hand off it Ch. 9.

Correct me if I’m wrong but haven’t nine (and tredrea) both been quite publicly on this the whole way through ?

On the stumbling stuff? Have they? Happy to stand corrected. All I've heard personally is that it's about vaccination.

I’m not sure other than saying I’ve never heard either of the parties come out and state the reason and can’t imagine they would come out and disclose performance review feedback publicly.

I’m not sure other than saying I’ve never heard either of the parties come out and state the reason and can’t imagine they would come out and disclose performance review feedback publicly.
Sure, that's not done usually, I get that. But in this dispute that's been made quite public, and that happened probably a year-ish ago (?), I'd have thought something about it would have come out, from either party. Quite possible that it has, and I missed it.

As an aside - I don't watch a lot of news, but I did see Tredders' sport segments on many occasions. I can't say I can remember a single slip up, certainly no more than other newsreaders.

I'm happy to defend Warren's choice not to get vaccinated and I'm also happy to defend 9's decision to sack an employee for whatever reason they see fit.

Employers enforcing vaccine mandates looked highly questionable at the time and now with full hindsight was plainly laughable. In the end, it reflects poorly on the judgment of management and should make people question whether this is the type of company you want to work for.

What? Plenty of workforces have mandatory vaccinations for things like hep C.

I'm happy to defend Warren's choice not to get vaccinated and I'm also happy to defend 9's decision to sack an employee for whatever reason they see fit.

Employers enforcing vaccine mandates looked highly questionable at the time and now with full hindsight was plainly laughable. In the end, it reflects poorly on the judgment of management and should make people question whether this is the type of company you want to work for.
Yes but see above. COVID sent people full * and reversed any common logic. For example people who had their hep c vax aren't running and hiding from unvaccinated people otherwise wtf was the point of having it. There's also the big difference of job requirements and vaccinations on accepting that job vs introducing it as a requirement.. to protect vaccinated people...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tredders pretty much made himself a laughing stock with his anti vax stance, and he got further embarrassed by potting Stinkley (rightly) right before we won 13 in a row. His credibility is pretty low right now even though he was one million percent correct on donuts. But going through with this case (which will lose) is pretty embarrassing.

I. I don’t know the full story, but I know a lot of people that has no issue with vax in general and still had concerns with the covid vax. Some concerns are reasonable; others, not so much. Yet, neither made them anti-vax.

However, they are called “anti-vax” nonetheless. This bothers me big time. It’s not true. It’s not fair.

If Tredrea was only talking about the covid tax, this should be properly recognized. Then, and only then, one can argue whether his stance was right, wrong, understandable, excusable, unforgivable, etc.

That or, if he’s completely anti-vax, let’s make it clear this is the case. It’s a whole different conversation.

II.Football, football clubs, vaccines, public health, those are four completely separate topics.

We are a copycat club, so yeah I can see a female as the next chair. We tend to be late to the party but then take it to extremes. I.e. staying the course with a coach for 8 years because two other clubs did and won flags ... we're heading into a possible 12 to 14 years.
Would accept someone's pet cat over our current chairman

None of this shite matter anyway because Aliens are about to come and ream all of us.
Apparently the aliens only want the unvaccinated ones...

I was pretty happy with my current employers, they're a big employer across the state, asked for feedback, considered it, and in the end despite openly promoting the vaccination including bringing in doctors to discuss the pros and cons and answer questions they never enforced it.

Ultimately though I can't see Tredders winning this and hope the attempt doesn't hurt his future earning potential.

Yes but see above. COVID sent people full ****** and reversed any common logic. For example people who had their hep c vax aren't running and hiding from unvaccinated people otherwise wtf was the point of having it. There's also the big difference of job requirements and vaccinations on accepting that job vs introducing it as a requirement.. to protect vaccinated people...
You can’t compare hepatitis to covid19

Channel 9 probably did the right thing by sacking him. My employer didn't implement a compulsory vaccine policy and the few that weren't vaxxed were ostracised by the rest of the staff. It was at the height of the pandemic and people were genuinely scared of catching it and angry at those not vaxxed.

However, they are called “anti-vax” nonetheless. This bothers me big time. It’s not true. It’s not fair.
its about labels and making everyone part of a tribe, if you support tredrea you are a antivax conspiracy theorist, if you support the no vote you are a racist, if you support the yes vote you are a good guy, if you are conservative you are a far-right nationalist bordering on being a nazi, if you are leftist you are a champion of the people. The point is non of them are correct because non of it is black and white, people are devoid of critial thinking and have lost the scope to be rational which is why the media gets away with it.

its just embarassing that Tredrea was fired, you could have made an argument in the beginning but even from the start it was known by the government, medical people and industry that vaccination didnt give you immunity nor did it stop you from passing it on. If you believe the vax works then it was most probably worse in that you would have the feeling of well being while passing it on to the next bloke. The fact that governments back this stance is the real embarassment and then pressuring the judicial system to toe the line as well. No court is gonna agree with these facts because the moment they do then they are signing their career papers and the government will make sure they end up on the outer. The irony is in all this that the country that gave us this garbage (deliberate or unintentional) hasnt had one penalty placed against it in anyway shape or form. Instead every country has ran back to the communist utopia begging to please send us your supplies quickly and we wont mention the virus. Is this country and the west the most gullible society to ever walk the planet or what. They must be laughing their heads off in beijing watching the west come begging for their help and then to also double the price of their goods in the process for the honor of receiving those goods. Im pretty embrassed to be an Australian to be frank, its a joke and the jokes on us.
Is there a way to pin this? I can't believe there's still people that actually defend Warren's sacking. I, for one, won't forget how I was treated during those two years. I'm a 30 year old fit male and I was made to wait outside the doctors office like a dog rather than inside because I was a 'threat'. My doctor would see me in a Hazmat suit basically (mind you I was there to pick up a vitamin D prescriptions)

Way to go in the hindsight department everybody, take a look at yourselves in the ******* mirror.

At least we found the cure eventually and society moved on, it came from the Russian President of all places? Critical thinking will help you figure out that last statement.

Last edited:
its about labels and making everyone part of a tribe, if you support tredrea you are a antivax conspiracy theorist, if you support the no vote you are a racist, if you support the yes vote you are a good guy, if you are conservative you are a far-right nationalist bordering on being a nazi, if you are leftist you are a champion of the people. The point is non of them are correct because non of it is black and white, people are devoid of critial thinking and have lost the scope to be rational which is why the media gets away with it.

I’m aware if the issue. It happens here too.

Unfortunately, it goes both ways. No side is innocent.

how dare you mention personal health, what about the collective!!! shame shame shame on you.

I work in health. The first thing you learn is to put your own health above all else. That's why the uptake on the vaccine was so low before the mandates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back