Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

We will do well on a smaller ground

Durdin actually did some great team acts, but will come under pressure with players returning

Cerra is a loss, but Hewett is a reasonable replacement
TBH, I have more faith in George these days, Cerra's disposal lets him down more than occasionally and injuries aside for both players, George is more consistent

If Carlton ever finds an elite small forward we will not only win one flag but multiple
Reckon Motlop learned to kick the big goals towards the end of last year. The Gold Coast game, the semi final. And they have been snaps. Owies is beginning to finally use his spatial awareness to create goals not just kick them (which he is as reliable as anyone in our team.)

But yes, if we had one elite small forward our forward line would be psychotic.

Binns could only take Ollies spot. Think they will persevere with Ollie, but I could be wrong.
Corey will be replaced by Motts in a couple of weeks, until then he plays imo.
Jack Carroll is the one they bring in for Cerra, like for like and keep team balance.

Hewett for Cerra I think. Carroll can be the sub.

Just thought calling Gawn a flog is pretty stiff

Seems like a very good guy.
Off field, no arguments. On it, I think he's prone to tanties and less than stellar behavior, but just IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Binns the new Paddy Dow?

Hope not, Dow wasn’t given a fair go by the MC or half the supporters

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Williams is right to go, he'll be straight back in. I'd actually be half tempted to give Cincotta a run in the midfield this week if Zach takes a spot at half back.

He played in the guts in the North VFL game a few weeks back, and was easily our best player (along with Pitto funnily enough) - his burst out of stoppages was impressive, like a raging bull.

Having said that, I think we'll just bring Georgie back from the pine into the 22 to replace Cez. I'd actually like to see DC as the sub this week - thought he was serviceable in the magoos yesterday, but can come in either a forward or an extra running mid late in the game.

Outs: Pitto, Cerra (inj)
Ins: Williams, Cunners
Cincotta followed Pickett into 1 if not a couple of centre/bounces from memory, certainly something that could be explored more of when needed…

Last edited:
The smaller ground will suit our game style. If we are defending a lead we should be able to shut the game down easier. We need to win clearance and contested ball and keep piling the pressure on their defence. Not sure about their ability to contain Charles and H. They will have a height advantage in their forward line. Ruck battle will be interesting.

We can definitely do this if we crack in for the majority of the game. Let's do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back