Preview Changes vs Nth Melbourne

Predict your Thursday night melt level

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The stats guru (think he might be from champion data) on sen was saying Dawson has gone from the worst disposal efficiency player in the comp this year to 7th or 8th last now.
Surely that’s not right?

Moved out of the middle in recent weeks. More time to get the ball too foot.

His ball drop is quite slow.

We are using Dawson better now with Sog/Rankine in the middle more.

Even when Dawson is in a CBA he is playing more outside with Sog being the prime inside option.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The obvious outs appear to be Berry, Smith and Gollant. I am hopeful that McHenry is one too but I won’t hold my breath. Don’t care if Sholl stays sub, better than wasting it on someone that needs a sanfl game.

Crouch, Himmelberg and Pedlar seem obvious ins. I am hopeful we now see Curtin due to Smith’s injury, there really aren’t many other options (Ryan is the other). I am hopeful of seeing Dowling, but again not holding my breath and Nicks is way too conservative to debut two at once.

Moved out of the middle in recent weeks. More time to get the ball too foot.

His ball drop is quite slow.

We are using Dawson better now with Sog/Rankine in the middle more.

Even when Dawson is in a CBA he is playing more outside with Sog being the prime inside option.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
More that how can be even close to last, there’s a lot of players to be behind.

Butts will come straight back in.

Borlase has been targeted by opposition this year with the highest rate of DEF 1-1's, and he's lost 31% of them (highest rate in our team). Mind you, Butts is not far off at 29%, which is still far too high.

Bringing our average loss rate down is Keane (27%) and Worrell, doing fantastic with 23.5% loss rate.

If Berry's injury last week was bad enough to force him from the ground, give him a week to rest.

What i think the changes will be:

Ins: Butts, Crouch, Sholl
Outs: Borlase, Berry, Smith (Pedlar/Downling sub)

What i'd like the changes to be:

Ins: Butts, Crouch, Curtin, Dowling/Pedlar
Outs: Borlase, Berry, Smith, McHenry (McHenry sub)

Looks like we finally see Dowling, but **** me, McHenry? If Pedlar is back, then he should replace Ned and Curtin comes in too, ****ing ridiculous they are playing someone that clearly isn’t part of any future success.

Seems like changes are:
Berg for Gollant
Crouch for Berry
Dowling for Smith
Maybe Curtin for Sholl? I’ll remain hopeful as otherwise it’ll just anger me

Surely, surely, surely surely Ned can’t get picked after last week.

Mind boggling that the coaches are happy to carry Ned at the expense of Curtin.
Oh he’s in.

Imagine being a professional coaching group and game after game with post match reviews you look at McHenrys games and think, yep he’s an in.

They can’t do without a runt role, the pest who’s useless that runs up and down the ground causing congestion and supposedly helps with defence. To think that player then means you’re outnumbered in your forward line making easier for intercepting defenders and harder for your team to score.

Then consider that forward line as gone from the best to the worst in the space of 6 weeks.

I honestly don’t think we’ve ever had a more moronic clueless idiotic incompetent coach in our history. The results prove it and we re-signed him early.

Looks like we finally see Dowling, but * me, McHenry? If Pedlar is back, then he should replace Ned and Curtin comes in too, ******* ridiculous they are playing someone that clearly isn’t part of any future success.

Seems like changes are:
Berg for Gollant
Crouch for Berry
Dowling for Smith
That’s just lip service, he’s training with the Bs.

It’s so Nicks can pretend he’s considering a debutant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Borlase has been targeted by opposition this year with the highest rate of DEF 1-1's, and he's lost 31% of them (highest rate in our team). Mind you, Butts is not far off at 29%, which is still far too high.

Bringing our average loss rate down is Keane (27%) and Worrell, doing fantastic with 23.5% loss rate.

If Berry's injury last week was bad enough to force him from the ground, give him a week to rest.

What i think the changes will be:

Ins: Butts, Crouch, Sholl
Outs: Borlase, Berry, Smith (Pedlar/Downling sub)

What i'd like the changes to be:

Ins: Butts, Crouch, Curtin, Dowling/Pedlar
Outs: Borlase, Berry, Smith, McHenry (McHenry sub)
Not sure how you got that from the A team shown. Borlase still in As, Sholl relegated to Bs.

Pedlar also didn’t play last week and is in the As, he can’t be an out… he’s definitely playing by the looks of it.

Only 21 listed for the A team, unless we are going smaller then you would think Berg is the 22nd and then Dowling 23rd.

That’s just lip service, he’s training with the Bs.

It’s so Nicks can pretend he’s considering a debutant.
I sense a travelling emergency role for him this week.

Looks like we finally see Dowling, but * me, McHenry? If Pedlar is back, then he should replace Ned and Curtin comes in too, ******* ridiculous they are playing someone that clearly isn’t part of any future success.

Seems like changes are:
Berg for Gollant
Crouch for Berry
Dowling for Smith
His choice of words for Curtin in the presser were pretty clear. He was very careful to say he's "nearly ready", not "ready".

surprising, I don’t feel like Borlase has let us down a lot?
Be interesting to know how they work out loss rate.
Ie a kick on the lead perfectly infront of the forward that has very little chance at spoiling seems unfair to compare to an out mark one on one.

His choice of words for Curtin in the presser were pretty clear. He was very careful to say he's "nearly ready", not "ready".
From 8.38

''are you reluctant to blood new players?''

'' no not all and we wanna make sure we do that at the right time for the individual and for the team - so if a player from a lower level is ready to go they will come in to our side if they are ready AND LIVE THE VALUES WE NEED TO LIVE ''

What is that horseshit

From 8.38

''are you reluctant to blood new players?''

'' no not all and we wanna make sure we do that at the right time for the individual and for the team - so if a player from a lower level is ready to go they will come in to our side if they are ready AND LIVE THE VALUES WE NEED TO LIVE ''

What is that horseshit
The shape value, if you can’t keep shape GTFO

The only silver lining I got is that Dowling and Curtin are definitely the next two we will see at AFL level. He says it will be soon, but that can mean anything. If I were betting on it, I think we see Dowling first and I think it will be for Smith this week.

Was also asked directly about reluctance to try anyone new this year so far and warned that you ‘don’t want to debut before fully ready’, amongst some other dribble. Basically, the complete opposite of how Hardwick treats his youth. His response is not unexpected given our selections this year, but frustrating all the same.

Back