Prediction Round 7, 2024: Changes vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t mind resting Harley for the long trips. Ok for the body and also less perceived travel for him before he signs his extension. Don’t think he’ll be going to Tassie in round 22 either.

If you can’t see what effect that “19 year old” has on the team and the fact he is already our most important player you must be blind. I didn’t realise this game had become so soft we’d let someone rest after 6 weeks. ******* joke is he gets rested we need to be picking our best 22 every week it isn’t even about trying to make finals it’s about trying to win every week, against every opposition, anywhere, anytime you don’t build a team for success by taking oppo easy and saying ah nah let’s rest him for some arbitrary reason as “sore” what a bloody joke

Would like to see Hall get a chance if Harley is out, he’s not going to learn anything in the WAFL if our rucks are getting 5 hit outs a game. Ryan on a HBF is worth exploring and I want to see Johnston get his chance. Trew has been ok at WAFL level but he’s not an AFL player.

OUT: Reid, Witherden, Sheed
IN: Hall, Ryan, Johnston

Nah man I’m raging, Zorko 35 and not getting rested why is a 19 year old needing a rest
How many top draft picks over the past 2 decades were thrust into main roles before they were ready, ended up not being rested and were plagued by injuries their entire careers and never lived up to their potential?

******* heaps.

Nah man I’m raging, Zorko 35 and not getting rested why is a 19 year old needing a rest
His body is still growing mate.
Would you prefer he goes clapped out 120 minutes for 23 games and possibly gets a long term injury like tearing his hammy off his bone and season done?

Or just take a game off and come back with no soreness and ready to take off again against Essendon.

I don’t like resting our best player while the season is still alive. We should not be already throwing games this early in a season. We should be naming best 22’s and if he’s a little sore he can start on the bench or as sub as impact am not for resting such an important piece to our seasons hopes.
lol. Starting on the bench for 2 minutes isn’t going to do him any good if he’s sore already

If resting a 19 year old, 6 games in to his career, is throwing games, then we have deeper issues to worry about

If you can’t see what effect that “19 year old” has on the team and the fact he is already our most important player you must be blind. I didn’t realise this game had become so soft we’d let someone rest after 6 weeks. ******* joke is he gets rested we need to be picking our best 22 every week it isn’t even about trying to make finals it’s about trying to win every week, against every opposition, anywhere, anytime you don’t build a team for success by taking oppo easy and saying ah nah let’s rest him for some arbitrary reason as “sore” what a bloody joke
LOL

When you've won as many games as we have lately, doubt we'd be "taking the oppo lightly".

He's just turned 19 and is playing like a bull.
If Yeo has come out and said he's sore, why wouldn't Harley be sore?

If anyone can name a single time that a top two pick midfield bull on a Queensland based team has been seriously injured in their debut season, I’ll get on board.

But until then, this ‘resting your teenagers who are still getting up to speed with AFL footy’ thing is a joke.

Ok, hang on, I’m just being handed a note…

Harley as the super sub

Hmmm... I get resting him but maybe he could've rested in a fwd pocket.

Hope our "TBC" campaign isn't about to restart.

Hopefully some of the lesser lights can lift in his absence, not just ball getting but enthusiasm bringing ability

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is no such thing as resting anymore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His body is still growing mate.
Would you prefer he goes clapped out 120 minutes for 23 games and possibly gets a long term injury like tearing his hammy off his bone and season done?

Or just take a game off and come back with no soreness and ready to take off again against Essendon.
The more I think about the worse it seems, we have a bye in round 14 anyway there’s his mid season rest, he’s played like 70% game time also being managed each game too how much is this an arbitrary decision or evidence based at all don’t see other clubs resting their young players either, also in Harley’s contract is things like rising star award, all aus squad, and the like if he gets rested every six weeks or every time we have a tough road trip that is really poor for the rest of our list

The more I think about the worse it seems, we have a bye in round 14 anyway there’s his mid season rest, he’s played like 70% game time also being managed each game too how much is this an arbitrary decision or evidence based at all don’t see other clubs resting their young players either, also in Harley’s contract is things like rising star award, all aus squad, and the like if he gets rested every six weeks or every time we have a tough road trip that is really poor for the rest of our list
Fair call, it’s absolutely going to be like this every six weeks for his entire career, probably get worse if anything. I reckon we should trade him now and save the hassle.

Can you tell me the other clubs that have a teeanager playing like a grown man in the midfield in their first year?

Fair call, it’s absolutely going to be like this every six weeks for his entire career, probably get worse if anything. I reckon we should trade him now and save the hassle.
Yep absolutely. Time to take all further discussions of Reid, H. across to the Contract Trade thread. He’s an absolute waste of time if he can’t play through soreness - in his first year - at the highest level - at CBAs - in a dead season. What a feckin wimp! Just where have all the real men gone?

Darcy Wilson, Caleb Windsor, if ur talking just inside mids will graham, sanders,
Graham who has already missed three games?

Sanders, most famous for having a tantrum when being subbed twice and backing it up as sub last week.

Windsor, 26 contested possessions this year, Reid 25 in the last fortnight.

Wilson 21 total contested and 0 CBAs.

Gee.

Almost bought tickets for the whole family to make the trip down from Brissy solely to watch Harley but won’t be going now. Would have been barracking for the Eagles as well. Feel a bit robbed of the opportunity to watch this freak of nature.

Graham who has already missed three games?

Sanders, most famous for having a tantrum when being subbed twice and backing it up as sub last week.

Windsor, 26 contested possessions this year, Reid 25 in the last fortnight.

Wilson 21 total contested and 0 CBAs.

Gee.
He's also played 8 games at senior level, because there were the 2 preseason games also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back