Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthony Daw –

A freak athlete who is a carbon-copy of his North Melbourne-listed brother Majak, Anthony Daw still has a while to go to be considered the same type of player. Still developing in areas of his game, Daw collected just four disposals and took two marks, whilst having his best game in the ruck of the season thus far with 11 hit-outs. He has a fantastic leap and is quite quick, and has stick hands at ground level. But his ability to impact over four quarters is his biggest downside, and it’s something he’ll look to align as the year progresses.

Daw round 2
let's get him!

Anthony Daw –

A freak athlete who is a carbon-copy of his North Melbourne-listed brother Majak, Anthony Daw still has a while to go to be considered the same type of player. Still developing in areas of his game, Daw collected just four disposals and took two marks, whilst having his best game in the ruck of the season thus far with 11 hit-outs. He has a fantastic leap and is quite quick, and has stick hands at ground level. But his ability to impact over four quarters is his biggest downside, and it’s something he’ll look to align as the year progresses.

Daw round 2
let's get him!
Must. Rookie.

Very interested to see how plowman, WHE and lamb go this week. WHE didn't impress me at all last week. Didn't look interested when he came on. Hasn't filled out a great deal either.

Who from GWS did impress you Fronk - who should we put on our hit list of players to target to come to Whitten Oval?

I just thought I would put this out there... should - or when - Melbourne end up with picks 1 and 2 at season's end, is there anyone that we would realistically consider trading (along with our 1st or 2nd picks) to secure a higher draft pick and potentially the KPF we are so desperately in need of?
Who can you see the club letting go of - to satisfy Roos' needs in the midfield (on the assumption that they'd take one of Wright or McCartin)?

I realise that most posters would happily put forward Howard or Greenwood as the steak knives - but who would actually get it done? Hrovat (I'd hate to see him go), Smith, Prudden, Jong, Wallis - or even JJ? I'm also operating on the assumption that we won't manage to pry Patton out of GWS with tradebait (despite his visit to Victoria Uni Whitten Oval last year).

Personally, I felt that we should have put more on the table last year to secure Patton's services. I'm not knocking Bonti, or McCartney's recruiting team - God knows we got the goods in Macrae the year prior - but as some posters have continually pointed out, we are still being disadvantaged by the expansion clubs - and now Melbourne.

Thoughts?

I asked a Melbourne supporter that today.... He wanted griff, i said for 1&2, he said, how about Dahl? He said nobody else is worth it except for our father sons... I thought about suggesting Higgins but he is an unrestricted FA this year and could leave without a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't trade Griffen for anything other than Jeremy Cameron.

Personally, I felt that we should have put more on the table last year to secure Patton's services. I'm not knocking Bonti, or McCartney's recruiting team - God knows we got the goods in Macrae the year prior - but as some posters have continually pointed out, we are still being disadvantaged by the expansion clubs - and now Melbourne.
I'd also love to trade into it but I just don't see how. Hrovat probably isn't worth it at this stage; Smith maybe but I think he's important at least until we see some more out of Prudden/Hrovat/Greenwood/etc (but I'd like to keep him in the long run. If Higgins can stay fit and a guy like Fuller comes along nicely JJ could be an option, but I doubt it. Just don't see how we get it done.

Re: the bold; the issue wasn't what we put on the table, so don't be annoyed at the club for it not happening.

Who from GWS did impress you Fronk - who should we put on our hit list of players to target to come to Whitten Oval?
Nick Haynes has actually impressed me a lot this year. Has improved out of sight. Reads it really well, tough, athletic and really well skilled. He's very tom youngish though, so not sure he fills a need (nor that he's even available). Think we need more that half-back dasher/architect like murph.

I'll get out to some of their neafl games over the next few weeks. The form of those kids is probably more relevant.

Very interested to see how plowman, WHE and lamb go this week. WHE didn't impress me at all last week. Didn't look interested when he came on. Hasn't filled out a great deal either.
Sounds like a guy who doesn't want to be there. You just hope it isn't a sign of a deeper problem with attitude or commitment.

Tomlinson is the GWS player we should target. Hopefully he plays twos for a major chunk of this year.

He could be a very good key forward/back or has the tank to be a genuine midfielder/winger at 190cm+.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd also love to trade into it but I just don't see how. Hrovat probably isn't worth it at this stage; Smith maybe but I think he's important at least until we see some more out of Prudden/Hrovat/Greenwood/etc (but I'd like to keep him in the long run. If Higgins can stay fit and a guy like Fuller comes along nicely JJ could be an option, but I doubt it. Just don't see how we get it done.

Re: the bold; the issue wasn't what we put on the table, so don't be annoyed at the club for it not happening.

Hey Dannnnnnnn, definitely not annoyed at the club - as I said, I'm pro-McCartney (Not that I ever had any doubts about the man, but his 'footy-fied' speech at the TAC Cup? evening was sheer brillance). I just think it's a shame we didn't get it across the line - as it appears it'll cost us more this year. If only you'd share that little tidbit...;) it might help us sleep better at night.

Despite his limited appearances, Patton's worth will be much more now - that it was at the time of his visit. He's also had more time in a professional environment, not a fresh newbie that will take time - you'd assume - like McCartin or Wright (although in a perfect world we'd secure Wright in a mega-trade deal and he'd come in like the second coming of one C.Grant and set the world on fire). Being a dog's supporter means that I'm a realist though... and agree with you - I don't see how we can get it down without paying overs - and overs.

On another note, it kinda makes you hope that there's another cat and mouse game of misinformation going on - down-playing Foster's ability as a KPF as what 'seemingly' occurred with Hunter - throughout his last year prior to the draft. Yeah I'm delusional at times...:D

Nick Haynes has actually impressed me a lot this year. Has improved out of sight. Reads it really well, tough, athletic and really well skilled. He's very tom youngish though, so not sure he fills a need (nor that he's even available). Think we need more that half-back dasher/architect like murph.

I'll get out to some of their neafl games over the next few weeks. The form of those kids is probably more relevant.
Yeah definitely agree really liking Haynes.

Story on Morris saying he wants to play for another 5 years. Couldn't be assed looking it up, but pretty sure I said we'd have to delist him at age 37 the other day. The man just lives for the club and the game. Great to hear.

Story on Morris saying he wants to play for another 5 years. Couldn't be assed looking it up, but pretty sure I said we'd have to delist him at age 37 the other day. The man just lives for the club and the game. Great to hear.
This is the article: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-11/dog-wants-at-least-five-more

Dale Morris, Premiership Player. How does that read?
I love the man. Puts his body on the line week after week, bleeds for the jumper, would've been an outstanding choice as captain at any point in the last 6 years and is just one of the nicest blokes I've ever met.
Hope he gets to go for as long as he can. Pillar of this club.

Haha, I said the same thing in the Ching
5. Morris - great game, great leadership and composure under very difficult circumstances. Please play another five years.:hearts:
Glad to hear that it might come true!

Just take it one year at a time, Moz. Hopefully he and Murph can play for a while to come.

Hawkins was the best footballer I have seen at this club , but Morris is the one I most admire.

I was just looking around for other list discussion threads on other teams boards.... There are almost none and ours is 337 pages long! We are living in the hope of future success. The most interesting thing I found was Port discussing getting a key forward, i.e. Patton and also wondering IF there would be a decent KPF at pick 15.... we are worried about pick 8-10 not being good enough....
Can someone tell me why Patton didn't move when he visited us last year OR is there something 'agreed' to for the end of this year?

I was just looking around for other list discussion threads on other teams boards.... There are almost none and ours is 337 pages long! We are living in the hope of future success. The most interesting thing I found was Port discussing getting a key forward, i.e. Patton and also wondering IF there would be a decent KPF at pick 15.... we are worried about pick 8-10 not being good enough....
Can someone tell me why Patton didn't move when he visited us last year OR is there something 'agreed' to for the end of this year?
If you visit the boards around draft time, our 337 page list management thread is actually short :p The fact that we have some posters that are very interested in the drafting and following of young players, and of course our never ending hunt for a KPF, this thread gets activity throughout the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back