List Mgmt. Welcome Tom Cole (Pick 36, 2015 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe he lasted to our pick. I had him at pick one, or higher.

Welcome Cole.

latest

Welcome Tom.

Reminds me of Jackson Nelson as a player. Was keen on him already with our first pick so to get him even later is terrific

Good solid selection and I think this kid has a high ceiling.

He looks good imo, good acceleration, quality disposal. Just what we need. Will be interesting to see what role the coaches want him to play. Can definitely see him in our midfield, but he seems to enjoy playing down back. He could end up being very similar to Sheppard.

Good solid selection and I think this kid has a high ceiling.

Good call
Saw him play VFL with the Cats late in the season against Box Hill
Gave great drive across half back then starred for a quarter in the middle. Has good speed and strength , finds it easily and makes good decisions.
Reckon you've done well with him , congrats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting (maybe honest?) assessment here: http://www.boundforglorynews.com.au/2015-draft-profile-tom-cole/
"There is nothing too flashy about the inside midfielder, but there is nothing wrong with him either.

Some players are described as “bangers and mash”, or simple and effective. This is Cole to a tee.

If you are looking for a player that can hit a target lace-out 50 metres on the run, or take a huge specky, then do not consider Cole. If you are looking for a player that is ultra-consistent and can plug holes just about anywhere, then Cole is your man.

Not particularly athletically gifted or a skillful player, Cole is a reliable kick, with solid endurance, who can drift forward, kick a few goals, drift back and settle the defence, or be thrown into the middle to win important clearances.

That is not to say Cole does not have a future at AFL level, but unlike your Darcy Parish’s and Jacob Weitering’s, he’s unlikely to become that A-grade star that club’s can build lists around. But as fans know, you cannot have 44 stars on your list; you need honest toilers who can be relied upon to just get the job done week-in, week-out.

Much like Boyd, Cole could become a future captain and while he might not win a game off his own boot, he is likely to be that leader who his supporter base recognises, but opposition fans question why he is out there.

For some clubs who cannot afford a Lamborghini, sometimes going back to basics and settling for a mid-90s Holden or Ford still has value and just gets the job done."

So overall, a hard working, reliable and effective player, that can play in various positions; but nothing too special about him at all.

Last edited:
Good call
Saw him play VFL with the Cats late in the season against Box Hill
Gave great drive across half back then starred for a quarter in the middle. Has good speed and strength , finds it easily and makes good decisions.
Reckon you've done well with him , congrats
think him and nelson were drafted to replace Butler and ellis in the near future and to take over from Hurn in the coming years. I think thats why Bonner was overlooked. Bonner as a defender is very average at the lock down role and probably why he slid so far.

His highlights package is a handball package. Looks vanilla.
Don't know why the guy who made the youtube video excluded almost all of his kicking.
Because the Skippos videoes aren't meant to be 'highlights' - they are showcases of the players' involvements in the U/18 carnivals. He does them every year.

So it's intended to be more of an 'objective' representation of the player's performances in the carnival - nothing else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back