List Mgmt. Welcome Jack Hutchinson (Pick 3, 2024 MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome aboard, Jack.

• He has already lived in Perth for a year as a teenager, so he has some familiarity with the City.
  • Already lived away from home.
  • Vic Country boy so less likely to head back home.

Not at all surprised with the pick, as he has been linked to us for a while now.

Here me out. Re- Hutchinson/Culley.

If in 2 weeks time Oscar Allen is brought back as Full Fwd pushing Waterman out to the Half fwd line to share it with a combination, 1 of J Darling/J Williams/Maric and B Williams. Then Waterman becomes 4th tall fwd again and be forced up the ground in a role not suited too him. [I hope this doesn't happen]. But it it does then that 4th hybrid fwd role is for Culley or Hutchenson by the look of his highlights. Both men have more midfield utility craft than Waterman. This modern game is all about that.

Hutchinson is also a high flyer.

P.S i do hope Allen is brought back to CHF, leaving Waterman 1 out at FF. Allen can remove a couple of these [Darling/B Williams/J Williams/Maric.]

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He got 13 cm on him. Elliot 177cm 5 ft 9, Hutchinson 190cm 6 ft 2.8 [3]

Jake Waterman 191cm. There is your comparison. He is what Jake Waterman used to play. So watch this space. 2 Tall Fwds are coming into the team within 2 weeks. One being Flynn to Ruck, B Williams to CHF & the other Oscar Allen.

He is exactly what Waterman could not do.
Could he be like a jamie elliot type from Collingwood speed and quick is he

Something about him gives me Jeremy Howe vibes. Might be the leap and beginning their careers as forwards, but I wonder if he can develop into a similar type of half back.

Something about him gives me Jeremy Howe vibes. Might be the leap and beginning their careers as forwards, but I wonder if he can develop into a similar type of half back.
You'd take that every day of the week

Just listened to him on 6PR

Sounds excited to be coming West

Flying over on Friday with hopes to play for the Beagles on Sunday

Hope he goes well.

Unusual pick given he’s mooted as a medium sized marking forward after we took Maric and Culley as similar players in the two previous MSDs. Plus we have Darling and Waterman on our list.

You’d hope he’s ear marked for a half back role or similar at AFL level which is probably where we have greater need.

I thought of the same player comparison. Intercept marking in defence is highly rated these days and McGovern and Barrass aren’t getting any younger.

Here me out. Re- Hutchinson/Culley.

If in 2 weeks time Oscar Allen is brought back as Full Fwd pushing Waterman out to the Half fwd line to share it with a combination, 1 of J Darling/J Williams/Maric and B Williams. Then Waterman becomes 4th tall fwd again and be forced up the ground in a role not suited too him. [I hope this doesn't happen]. But it it does then that 4th hybrid fwd role is for Culley or Hutchenson by the look of his highlights. Both men have more midfield utility craft than Waterman. This modern game is all about that.

Hutchinson is also a high flyer.

P.S i do hope Allen is brought back to CHF, leaving Waterman 1 out at FF. Allen can remove a couple of these [Darling/B Williams/J Williams/Maric.]

Ossie and Jakey will both play deep as a twin prong attack if you recall last year before Jake got injured .. They were working good together..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

IMO the most talented player in the pool to be picked. Either him, Maric or both are moving to the back half / wing.

Duanne and I share a similar philosophy about where the game is heading moving forwards in regards so speed, height and in particular marking from outside players. He has good skills and I think he will only get better in an AFL environment.

Very, very happy with this pick.

So Bailey Williams CHF? Which removes Darling, Maric and J Williams? Any more than 3 tall fwds is too many especially in Wet Weather Footy. Need to accomodate Mid Fwds & Small fwds like Hewett, Cripps, Ryan, Petch, Long, Reid, Culley etc. Lol i even left Brockman and Dewar out of that list.

Last yr to this yr is a big difference.
Ossie and Jakey will both play deep as a twin prong attack if you recall last year before Jake got injured .. They were working good together..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Jack Hutchinson (Pick 3, 2024 MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back