List Mgmt. Welcome Jack Hutchinson (Pick 3, 2024 MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure, but he may get used as a winger, or half back, with his pace and smarts - we need a plug-in winger and an attacking defender, which would push Rotham or Witho out. We have enough HF's? Or they use him as HF and convert someone else to HB? He does seem a utility type. The Eagle might still go for Ruscoe later...Certainly crowded in the forward line, players like Maric would be concerned
I think Maric should go back and play defence for next year, his foot skills would be handy their, doesn't really look a natural forward and competing with too many other guys.

Very very very curious about what position the club actually sees him playing and has drafted him for.

Medium forwards, let alone one's in our terrible team don't really excel at AFL level. He'd be behind so many players in the pecking order if that was the case, so I really doubt it.

If he's the best talent available that's interesting, seems a utility type but I scratch my head thinking we had one of those right at our doorstep in Ruscoe 🤔

Very odd choice. Makes the Beagles game a bit more interesting.
I don't see a positional need for him but going from 2 years of country league to being top 3 mid season draft and not a tall in 1/2 a VFL season screams untapped talent .

It seems we have picked him on potential rather than position

I'm predicting his improvement to be at a sharp upwards trend if he can build a solid afl standard fitness base.

Hopefully they just play him in his natural position to start with and bring him up to the speed of the game so he can play AFL then in the off season put him in defence or with the mids where we have a more pressing need

I'd really like them to keep #44 free for a young indigenous lad (or at the very least a crafty small forward) as a bit of a tribute to Wirra.

Thats a Champion of an idea :thumbsu:

I was a little disappointed that he wasn’t a hbf where we clearly have a greater positional need than hff.

Unlikely to get a quality mid in the MSD although Jai Newcombe belies this statement.

Very glad that he is not a kpf where we have 8 or 9 candidates for a possible 2 or 3 positions.

Looking at Jack H he seems a very promising prospect whose game and body shape could translate to wing (where we do have a need) if he is able to build the endurance engine. He already has explosive power and speed.

Overall now happy and look forward to seeing how he goes. He seems very happy to move to WA to the Eagles which is a good start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has he improved since playing that role?
No. Looked worse than hbf previously. Seems to have lost confidence with all his injury and illness setbacks.

Last game showed a bit of improvement. Do you read Kyle Horsley’s WAFL sunnaries?

Looks a fair way off an AFL debut to me. Looked very promising last year on hbf then did his hamstring badly.

. That round 04-07 period was fantastic, and I haven't seen anyone emulate that since, which is fair enough, really. Peak Reid is up there with the best of the best, and that sort of form only happens once in a lifetime.
Interesting take. Not sure I've understood clearly but it sounds like you are saying the Reids 4th, 5th, 6th and 7rh games of his career were his peak and is once in a lifetime form? I guess for most players it would be, but strap yourself in mate because he is a first year player who will get a lot better- hard as it is to believe.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Jack Hutchinson (Pick 3, 2024 MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back