Preview Trial game - Crows V Port - 5pm Friday 23 Feb at Alberton Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know what the situation is for going to this game? I assume it'll just be free entry, show up on the day? Or is there tickets for it?
Please just lock your car when parking at Alberton Oval and keep all valuables out of sight.

Better still, dont drive there if youre going.

:$

Cmon, GROTTO you could have some fun editing this presser- There is fun for the whole family at Alberton, including:

• Burning cars
  • the thunderdome cage
  • Mullet of the year competition
If Im driving thru or close to Alberton, its at 80km/hr and Im not stopping. :$

If Im driving thru or close to Alberton, its at 80km/hr and Im not stopping. :$
An old mate a while back - Port supporter - used to drive a commodore with a power scarf on the dash. He lived just up the road from Alberton Oval. I remember joking that he will be fine - they will see his scarf and leave his car alone. He said unlikely, they would put it up on blocks if he didn't lock it away and nick the power scarf on the way out.

I sincerely hope we treat this as a non important fitness test in semi match conditions.

Round 1 is what matters, just get through it, try some things, work on structures and go half pace.

From the port board. Geez they are all kinds of special over there…

“The crows tend to take these matches more seriously than we do, which is the only reason why it's possible we might not win this game. Even with Marshall and Drew not playing on paper i still feel like we've got them covered pretty much all over the park. They beat us last year because they wanted it a lot more than we did and their pressure was through the roof, which turned it in to a scrappy dogfight, which is right where they wanted it. They might take this game more serious than us but i doubt their pressure is going to be at anywhere near the levels they were at in both showdowns last year. Our effort particularly in the second showdown last year was appalling”

'Scrappy dogfight' is actually just contested footy, funnily enough what they have struggled with in finals.

When the KenHeads don't get to see their boys downhill ski a team it's someone else's fault and it's not fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucky the hot week is cooling down just in time for tomorrow’s match. The result won’t matter, but I am keen to see some good showing from our forwards, and keen to see if our mids can match it with Port’s.

I really rate Port’s starting mids - Rozee, Butters, Horne-Francis, Drew and Wines. Potentially the best starting handful of mids in the comp, and surely at least the top 4.

I sincerely hope we treat this as a non important fitness test in semi match conditions.

Round 1 is what matters, just get through it, try some things, work on structures and go half pace.

I hope we take it seriously and announce our return to premiership contention with a dominant performance.

The time for hiding in the shadows and tinkering with structures is past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back