Opinion Teams you actively avoid watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

The last time I recall enjoying the Saints was that first Scott Watters year in 2012. Tended to ignore them ever since. If they play the handful of clubs I’m not keen on and it isn’t a significant game then meh. Therefore there is a whole Saints generation I’ve only seen fleeting glimpses of.

Last edited:
Maybe. I guess its just too disheartening watching goals against every couple of seconds.
The signature NM action atm is Wardlaw doing something brilliant, spinning out of trouble then getting caught HTB

I like Comben and Biggy down back, think all the pieces are there now and it's just a matter of getting games into them all, say around 60-70

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Saints and Freo.
Ross Lyon's team and Ross Lyon's former team - that says enough.

Not so much team specific but any MCG day game played in sunshine. The ball moving in and out of the shadows of the stands makes it hard to see the ball.

Port Adelaide, Carlton, Essendon, Richmond.

The latter 3 because of their attitude to the clash strips, which makes their games when they're away nearly unwatchable.
Port Adelaide because that stupid back panel makes almost all their games unwatchable. Cool, dark front, but lgiht back, clashes with nearly everyone.

I watched Freo vs West Coast last night.

Even if the weather was perfect in Brisbane that probably would have remained the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont watch - Port, Adelaide, West Coast, Fremantle, Sydney, GWS, Gold Coast, North, St Kilda, Hawthorn

I know heck all about other sides tbh. 🤣🤣🤣

May also be due the fact that the Vic commentators tend to constantly blow their load over the side whenever they play

Related point, I hate watching games in WA. I don't mind the clubs, but the commentary is atrocious.

Biased commentary and the constant reminders of any visiting players links to WA ( "Fred Blog's 2nd cousin lives in Albany, and when Joe Smith visited as a 3 year old kid, he saw a football in the street which surely inspired his playing career...").

Related point, I hate watching games in WA. I don't mind the clubs, but the commentary is atrocious.

Biased commentary and the constant reminders of any visiting players links to WA ( "Fred Blog's 2nd cousin lives in Albany, and when Joe Smith visited as a 3 year old kid, he saw a football in the street which surely inspired his playing career...").
The funny thing about commentary in WA games is both sets of supporters hate whoever played for their own team because they think they try too hard to be unbiased, whilst accusing the other of cheerleading for their team, so they're actually probably ok.

Freo/WCE usually get the Sunday twilight game as well, so often it's the dregs of the commentators that end up on the game.

For whatever reason, there are a number of teams that most people simply won't watch.

I watch most games every weekend but generally avoid games involving the below 3, unless it includes my own team:

Geelong
WB
Saints

It may seem like a bit of a weird combination but hear me out:

Geelong - I simply hate their kit. I personally find the hoops atrocious and it irrationally annoys the s**t out of me. May also be due the fact that the Vic commentators tend to constantly blow their load over the side whenever they play and I've simply associated their kit with this, through no fault of its own. Otherwise, they actually play good footy and are a good team to watch, so it's not anything football related for me.

East Fremantle regularly play in hoops so going by your logic you must also get triggered when you watch them as well.

East-Fremantle-26.gif

Probably a boring answer, but teams near the bottom of the ladder are the teams I usually avoid watching.

The Hawks, Kangaroos and Eagles are the teams I probably avoid the most, although the Eagles look to have finally found some spark and are playing some really exciting footy of late. For the sake of the competition,.let's hope they can keep it up!

Honourable motion goes to Fremantle, who although are not a cellar dweller by any means, just don't score many goals and have an overall uninspiring game plan in my view.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back