Opinion Teams you actively avoid watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Any team playing an afternoon game at Marvel. Sh*t watching it under the roof, sh*t watching it with the roof open and those shadows, and normally at least one sh*t team is playing (normally the Suns when I watch). Probably PTSD from years of watching us get destroyed by average teams that can only move the ball in perfect conditions.

And no this is not Dimma’s alt account. :moustache:

If I wasn't a Melbourne supporter I probably would've avoided watching us in 2022/23. We were so ******* boring.

For neutrals, I would have thought maybe around 2006 some games might have held some interest.

As a North member, a few games in 2021 before reality hit hard.
North are good to watch right now imo, rich with young talent finding their way, like the early days of GWS

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I truly don't think I've ever watched an interstate team play a game my team wasn't involved with. Doesn't really have the same feeling when you watch those teams.

I'm only allergic to thumpings, and even then, I may watch on due to some perverse thrill. What is that? I dunnoh.

For whatever reason, there are a number of teams that most people simply won't watch.

I watch most games every weekend but generally avoid games involving the below 3, unless it includes my own team:

Geelong
WB
Saints

It may seem like a bit of a weird combination but hear me out:

Geelong - I simply hate their kit. I personally find the hoops atrocious and it irrationally annoys the s**t out of me. May also be due the fact that the Vic commentators tend to constantly blow their load over the side whenever they play and I've simply associated their kit with this, through no fault of its own. Otherwise, they actually play good footy and are a good team to watch, so it's not anything football related for me.

WB - Just find them a middling side and relatively boring. Low crowds, nothing atmosphere at most games. It's not the players, they have plenty of talent. Perhaps it's simply Bevvo's 'too-smart-for-himself' coaching that simply annoys the s**t out of me.

Saints - Somewhat similar to WB but appear to have less talent across the board. Having an old miser like Lyon in charge doesn't really help from a neutral perspective. Different story back in the late '00s, when it was fun watching Riewoldt and Gehrig crash packs and kick bags. For a neutral, there's not much inspiring me there.

HMs(still watch but not particularly enthused):

Sydney - Got some good players but fairly uninspiring to watch. Obviously a good team but a bit 'bland' for me personally.
Hawks - Was keen on watching the Wizard, but since he's been injured, there's not much to look forward to from a neutral perspective.
Tigers - Not much to get excited about, other than watching Bolton light it up. Dusty on last legs and looks fairly disinterested.

Hater

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. Don't actually hate the club, like I said irrational. Most likely it's due to Selwood ducking for over a decade and commentators fellating themselves over every Geelong senior player, every game.

Guilt by association, I guess.

Sounds like you are hating on us :) You should watch WCE when they come to Geelong, it's quite fun.

Sounds like you are hating on us :) You should watch WCE when they come to Geelong, it's quite fun.
I'll pass. Any game at GBH stadium is a misery for neutral supporters, let alone people watching their own team.

Listening to commentators rub one out in the box isn't my cup of tea.

Only ever watch any part of a crows game if it's a showdown. But I don't watch a full game of any other teams anymore

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Port - Generally dislike the whole charade they put on with the inxs scarf thing. The tarps era was laughable too which is ironic. Just a bit of a dirty feeling watching them and can’t be bothered seeing Ken and his can of coke

Saints - just never been interested in anything they’ve done since the days Burke played

Generally don't watch Geelong games. You know they're always likely to win, and they don't have any players I actually enjoy watching other than Tom Stewart (and Jeremy Cameron when he's on).

Richmond are a tough watch too, but some of that stems from their recent success. Just felt a bit overexposed.

I don't love watching Hawthorn. Used to activately avoid games as a kid because I couldn't emotionally deal with losing.
That changed throughout our successful era of course.
The last two years have been a little rough, however the second half of last season was pretty fun I guess.

Will watch everybody else and usually find something to enjoy.

The Giants and the Dogs are my two favourite sides to watch.

Generally don't watch Geelong games. You know they're always likely to win, and they don't have any players I actually enjoy watching other than Tom Stewart (and Jeremy Cameron when he's on).

Richmond are a tough watch too, but some of that stems from their recent success. Just felt a bit overexposed.

I don't love watching Hawthorn. Used to activately avoid games as a kid because I couldn't emotionally deal with losing.
That changed throughout our successful era of course.
The last two years have been a little rough, however the second half of last season was pretty fun I guess.

Will watch everybody else and usually find something to enjoy.

The Giants and the Dogs are my two favourite sides to watch.
the giants are a spectacle to watch, it's something else live, too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back