Coach You're a Coach Now - No 1 Team Rule?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
An AFL Club is looking to go in a bold new direction and has appointed YOU as their new coach. It is your first day so what is the 1 team rule you are putting up on the board? The one simple rule that if broken the player is dropped?

My one is "If the Ball is in motion, you are in motion"

Whenever an ex-AFL player is in front of a screen giving praise to a player or demonising them it always seems to come down to the player moving and being proactive around the contest or being stagnant. So for me as a coach, that would be the rule.

I like this one but does anyone actually know what it takes to get a tackle recorded as a tackle? I swear that I have watched games were someone seems to have a heap of tackles in the game but the stats say 1.
... according to this definition 4 per player is probably pushing it Screenshot_20240503-153756_Chrome.jpg

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you don’t shepherd for a teammate you don’t play. Selfish stat padders.

Absolute hate of mine seeing a player run 5m to the side of a team mate asking the cheap handball but refuse to stand in the way and shepherd/block.

End result, player with the ball gets corralled, free player is in a poor position and it’s a rush pass and turnover.

Lay the bloody shepherd and let the player with the ball run an extra 20!!

Such a rare but incredibly basic thing in footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back