Opinion AFL 2024 Round 6 - Liked, Learnt, Hated... NOW WITH ADDED WRAPPING!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learnt:
Dimma needs to spend more time at the club rather than prancing around town living the life.

Pies, Blues and Cats were all ENORMOUS in their respective ways. The benchmark is set and everyone else now knows what is required.

Hated:
Commentatoes. While the AFL wants to diversify referees, we need with MORE URGENCY to smash the ol' boys media club which gives us tired old unimaginative cliches each week, rambling verbosity, and the wrong player names. I'd be excluding anyone over 42, enticing younger, sharper, more professional recent retirees who can tuck a shirt in and take up less camera space.

I don't know if you meant to write commentatoes but that made my day and I am pinching it 😀

TBH this is Toby's MO. Go in recklessly and then get a surprise that people get hurt or that he gets reported.

Boot studs in faces. Fingers in eyes. The list goes on.
To quote myself - the chucking his head back in a tackle so people are afraid of getting their teeth knocked out is another blot.

Then again, with so many enemies he might be right to be paranoid like that.

I move to make “commentatoes” Bigfooty’s word of the week Chief. What prize does Osho win for that?
It's not as snappy as "campaigner', for which I won a white Kluger, but it's good.

We'll give his ad bl0ck3r a rest and award a Platinum!

I'm nominating it to Cambridge Press as a new entry in their next dictionary revision.
I just hope Osho doesn’t forget who their friends are when they become world famous and the first movie in the Commentatoes trilogy has come out

It's not as snappy as "campaigner', for which I won a white Kluger, but it's good.

We'll give his ad bl0ck3r a rest and award a Platinum!
Appreciated!

I just hope Osho doesn’t forget who their friends are when they become world famous and the first movie in the Commentatoes trilogy has come out
You're on my list, Z!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I move to make “commentatoes” Bigfooty’s word of the week Chief. What prize does Osho win for that?
I like new words and so do a number of my colleagues on the WB board. I'll test the waters to see if some of them could help Osho with the submission to Cambridge and Oxford press. Don't give a f#@k about Webster. We'll need a proper definition plus portraits for the picture dictionary as well as the phonetic spelling to meet those criteria.

I have one also. Germalist. Kane Cornes is a football commentatoe and germalist.

Liked: Finally every team has played 6 games - ladder is now a better guide. Eagles might have turned the corner - good to see a team that's been down getting it together.

Learnt: The new AFL bigwigs better get their act together bluddy soon on; incidents similar to Toby Green - still too much grey area, score reviews - EVERYONE be it at the ground or at home is sick of the goal umps going to the review so often.

Hated: For a while there was a crackdown on Holding The Ball that worked. Nowadays you can pirouette until you find a team mate. Get back to immediate disposal when tackled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back