Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pardon, I'll clarify that.
As I understand it if the trial is re-opened via appeal there is the potential for him being found to be responsible for RH's death as well. You are right he can't be retried for murder once found not guilty. It is also possible for the DPP to appeal the lack of conviction on RH but they most probably won't.
Nah you are making this up. He is, and will always be, considered not guilty of RH

By his own words, Lynn admits to firearms offences and to Hill accessing them, subsequently Clay was shot. Going by Lynn's own words, none of it would have happened had Hill not been able to access his firearms.

Then there's his disposal of Hill's body, the emotional and psychological distress for nearly two years.

Good luck finding a lawyer to take it on. Huge $$$ with a low chance of a good result.GL was a acquitted in court, legally the judge pretty much declared if he is innocent of murder he is also innocent of manslaughter.

At the very least GL is in prison so there's that. Surely the families would be better off investing their time and money elsewhere rather than drag the whole thing back into court again.

Good luck finding a lawyer to take it on. Huge $$$ with a low chance of a good result.GL was a acquitted in court, legally the judge pretty much declared if he is innocent of murder he is also innocent of manslaughter.

At the very least GL is in prison so there's that. Surely the families would be better off investing their time and money elsewhere rather than drag the whole thing back into court again.

Why do you think the cops put a restrainer on Lynn's property?

That would be 'not guilty' of the murder of RH.

images

For the victims of crime compo fund. That isn't a civil suit. Police determine the appropriate compo.

Sue for damages​

You may also be able to make a civil claim against the offender to get compensation for the injury you have suffered. This will depend on whether the offender has any assets (money or other things they own). The offender does not have to have been convicted or found guilty in a criminal court for this to happen. You can include the loss, destruction or damage of your property in your claim. Get other support for victims of crime.

For the victims of crime compo fund. That isn't a civil suit. Police determine the appropriate compo.

The police don't determine how much a victim or injured party receives, the Victims of Crime Tribunal does that. It isn't always necessary to secure a conviction to qualify either.

The channel 7 reporter couldn’t have put more words in RH’s wife’s mouth than if they tried, I felt sorry for her, for the way she was somewaht exploited for that exclusive on TV but I guess she needed to vent. She was quite the opposite of what I imagine CC to be. RH was definitely living another life with CC

IMO these murders didn’t generate anywhere near as much outrage as would if the couple involved was younger. That two oldies lost their lives is a bit sad more that its horrific, which is a sad indictment. Sensing a bit of ageist coverage of the case, in a similar vein to the way sex workers’ murders are downgraded.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The channel 7 reporter couldn’t have put more words in RH’s wife’s mouth than if they tried, I felt sorry for her, for the way she was somewaht exploited for that exclusive on TV but I guess she needed to vent. She was quite the opposite of what I imagine CC to be. RH was definitely living another life with CC

IMO these murders didn’t generate anywhere near as much outrage as if the couple involved was younger. That two oldies lost their lives is a bit sad more that its horrific, which is a sad indictment. Sensing a bit of ageist coverage of the case, in a similar vein to the way sex workers’ murders are downgraded.
So true - The notion that Russell Hill was just a grumpy old guy asking for trouble. The media love to pigeon hole people because dumbed down suits them and their readers.

IMO these murders didn’t generate anywhere near as much outrage as would if the couple involved was younger. That two oldies lost their lives is a bit sad more that its horrific, which is a sad indictment. Sensing a bit of ageist coverage of the case, in a similar vein to the way sex workers’ murders are downgraded.
You make some good points. Hope the sentencing doesnt reflect the victims ages? Or it becomes a joke like Oscar Pistorius. Whose story was worse, Lynns or Pistorius? Obviously both were cases of rage and temper then find a story to hide the truth? Oscar delivered the crocodile tears no way Lynn sheds one tear IMO

I don't believe the families would pursue that in fact in their statements they have accepted the result whilst airing their feelings. The question of a retrial is with Lynn not the prosecution or the families IMO. It's done unless Lynn decides otherwise.

The police don't determine how much a victim or injured party receives, the Victims of Crime Tribunal does that. It isn't always necessary to secure a conviction to qualify either.
Yes 1 x conviction for Clay means Clay's family get some money and none for the Hill family. If I were the families they could decide to share the funds but that would be up to the families and 'm guessing unlikely. We don't know if there is some resent already between the families, only they would know? Russell only has himself to blame for the wife and girlfriend scenario, obviously not for being murdered he could not have known he was dealing with a Physco Killer IMO or when he found out it was too late for him to do much, he had no way of defending himself against a gun. I believe he was also shot and that's why Lynn claims Hill and himself fired shots off to cover for the fact someone could have heard those gunshots in the valley. Witnesses Lynn already met and knew were there. It's a sad post death scenario, this is when the emotions and pain set in and any frustrations with what could have been done differently etc etc

That would be 'not guilty' of the murder of RH.
Murder OR manslaughter or any crime within that, ie assault, recklessly cause injury, threat to kill, etc, etc. Double jeopardy

Whether he can be charged now separately for any offence AFTER RH died, ie, 'interfering with a corpse' I am not sure.

My guess would be no, as the facts that make up that offence were part of the Crown case of murder. So I don't think he can be presented on that again under a different charge.

Again, double jeopardy

You make some good points re the judges thinking. What's interesting though now all his past and the recordings of his behaviour post murder has been made public it's like the lid has been lifted. As I understand it a re-trial is starting all over again and the pros could vastly improve their tactics given MS was off the table. Could it be they charge Lynn with manslaughter over Hill and murder once again for Clay? Just thinking how the defense would see their chances given they also have to be aware of what the Pros will do in a retrial? No legal expert obviously but there are risks for the defense I would have thought? It seems like a can or worms and Lynn has to be prepared to fork out the big bucks all over again. With the talk of a fresh coroner's inquiry into Lisa Lynn's death everything could capitulate for Lynn IMO.
As per double jeopardy I don't think he can be charged with MS over RH as its a related charge. RH is off the table as far as further charges go.
A retrial would only be for CC. And only if he won an appeal

If the gate to the north was open he would have got away with it.

If he didn't take the phone he would have got away with it - this to me is so odd considering everything else he did. Why did he keep it? Was he hoping it would ping to create a red herring, I assumed since the Adrian Bailey case it was well understood what phones, even turned off could do.

Heck, if he didn't crack on day 3 of the police interview would they have been able to convict him of anything? Given that it was only his admission that connected his firearm to the ballistic and forensic evidence.

Back