Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no evidence to support my theory re his behaviour in prison long term but I wonder whether he would set himself up as the cleverest most well liked bloke in the slammer ? Sort of cultivate an air of grand importance and mystery around
himself so that anyone he admits to his select friendship group would feel honoured to be his friend.
Don’t know, pure speculation based on what I have read about who he believes he is.
Ya reckon? From everything I've read over the past 4 yrs id assumed he was more of a loner. Doubt he's about to become a 'peoples person' once inside? I work with guys who do a lot of camping. None of them ever go alone. They go with their mates and/or family. I did notice in court he was always very friendly and cordial with the guards who would bring him in each day and take him away. Probably the sort of person who in nice when he needs to be - charmer.

Ya reckon? From everything I've read over the past 4 yrs id assumed he was more of a loner. Doubt he's about to become a 'peoples person' once inside? I work with guys who do a lot of camping. None of them ever go alone. They go with their mates and/or family. I did notice in court he was always very friendly and cordial with the guards who would bring him in each day and take him away. Probably the sort of person who in nice when he needs to be - charmer.
He was extremely nice to the Hosty's? Got 1st hand reports on that one LOL

I have no evidence to support my theory re his behaviour in prison long term but I wonder whether he would set himself up as the cleverest most well liked bloke in the slammer ? Sort of cultivate an air of grand importance and mystery around
himself so that anyone he admits to his select friendship group would feel honoured to be his friend.
Don’t know, pure speculation based on what I have read about who he believes he is.
i suspect he will train up a few terriosts in jail on how to fly planes

At even take them around on plane rides in the prison yard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would he go into protection? I don’t think the general population will care about him murdering an old woman or his history of family violence.

They have a pretty warped sense of jail house justice generally. He’ll be viewed as being low on the totem pole for murdering elderly people, case was very high profile and if he takes his current attitude into jail he’s not going to win any Dale Carnegie awards.

What I'm so confused about though and I hope someone can clear this up without me spending hours doing the research, hadn't the prosecutor already made his opening statements when the decision to take manslaughter off the table was taken?

The jury only heard about it on the 13th of June with the charge. So I presume they would have thought it was an option up until that date.

I understood it was the Friday before that the parties agreed to remove the option given the evidence presented to that point. Can’t remember who it was but someone posted it when they attended court that day.

He will be in protection with the rock spiders and other high profile people, he murdered an old lady in cold blood. No way he goes to general pop or whatever it’s called.
its called mainstream...lynn will have an easy time in jail...at 57 he wont be getting involved in jail politics...id be very surprised if he gets attacked in prison.

David Galbally KC expected same verdicts not split but sees it as the jury being thorough, thinks Lynn may still face charges for destruction of evidence and that Lynn's sentence will probably be light.

Here's the information of where Hill's phone was sitting when it pinged at Hotham. It was in Hill's pocket.

What Lynn didn’t realise was Mr Hill’s phone was still in his pocket.

By the time Lynn found and destroyed it, along with the drone, the device had made two brief connections to phone towers and provided police with the first clues to crack the case.
Not that the details matter now but during G’s interview he stated it only took 15min to dump the bodies at about 8.30am however in court it was disclosed Hill’s phone pinged at 9.48am on Alpine Way. So, if G found the phone in Hill’s pocket after it pinged the item of clothing wasn’t with Hill. If I remember that correctly… but probably time to let the little details go 🙄

Back