Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Found it.

Is my understanding correct that Lynn didn't remove the table off the trailer before he pushed the bodies in sideways after releasing the gate?

If that's the case and he didn't wrap and rope Hill and Clay before hauling them in, I understand why in that context, the cops asked him where his chainsaw was kept.
Yes that’s how I understood it too, and they had also asked Lynn how he fit Hill into the fire.

Yes that’s how I understood it too, and they had also asked Lynn how he fit Hill into the fire.

Well, changed mind. Lynn couldn't have loaded the bodies in to the trailer the way he said he did it.

Found it.

Is my understanding correct that Lynn didn't remove the table off the trailer before he pushed the bodies in sideways after releasing the gate?

If that's the case and he didn't wrap and rope Hill and Clay before hauling them in, I understand why in that context, the cops asked him where his chainsaw was kept.
I'd be surprised if he used the chainsaw at the camp, too messy. I'm thinking he would have just used his old pal the axe and his bowie knife.

Well, changed mind. Lynn couldn't have loaded the bodies in to the trailer the way he said he did it.
It’s interesting that Lynn said he moved the car to load the bodies and put Ms Clay in first. I would have thought he’d put Hill in first being closer to the wagon and trailer. (Going by his version of ‘the two accidents.’)

Cheers was it worth listening to 3 hours and 27 mins of it.?

Yes, it was actually but I didn't sit for the 3.5 hours. I moved around the house with earbuds in for some of it.

He told a lot of lies imo.

There is so many parts to the police interview that are questionable.
The first day there was just his fire and Hills truck light, the second day he added a lantern.
The first day, he didn’t remember what was said when Hill took the gun, the second day he could.
Police questioned the size of the fire for a 6 foot 2 man.
Lynn said he put the bodies into the trailer sideways and by lifting them.
Lynn said he put Ms Clay in first.
Why would you manauver the wagon and trailer back and forwards when Hill was meant to be right next to his wagon?
I can’t understand why you’d have a permanent table attached to the top of the trailer that you can’t move? Wouldn’t you have a table that slides or something so you can see where things are or take it off for other use, (although he did just have his jerry can in it.) Not to mention he used the table for another table for his back yard🤮 oh but Lynn told police they were free to have a look at it. I’m sure they did!!
Was going to salvage his boots which he’d also put in the trailer but rethought that one.
Not sure what he did with the bucket he’d used for Ms Clay’s head. Feel so much for her daughter/family having to hear this.

Not a massive surprise but towards the end of the interview GL admits his next to nothing level of experience hunting.

It was his first trip to stalk deer in the high country. Did one other trip near Tilpa for pigs. Didn’t see a single one.

Explains a lot.

Most hunters I know do it as they did it with their father growing up . Otherwise it’s not a real normal pass-time to take up - I’m no vegan, but deciding to start killing animals isn’t my idea of fun. Do wonder if Greg had a bit of blood lust and anger in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most hunters I know do it as they did it with their father growing up . Otherwise it’s not a real normal pass-time to take up - I’m no vegan, but deciding to start killing animals isn’t my idea of fun. Do wonder if Greg had a bit of blood lust and anger in him.
It's not a popular pastime in Australia but it's completely normal to want to spend time in the outdoors and have a connection with nature and your food supply.
Hunting is much much more than just "killing animals".
The same way fishing isn't catching, hunting is not killing.

It's not a popular pastime in Australia but it's completely normal to want to spend time in the outdoors and have a connection with nature and your food supply.
Hunting is much much more than just "killing animals".
The same way fishing isn't catching, hunting is not killing.
Having knowledge of hunting, if GL was to shoot a deer, would he take that carcass home or do what he needs to for the meat there? Excuse my ignorance. I guess I’m trying to work out how he would fit the deer in the trailer without taking the table off the top.

Having knowledge of hunting, if GL was to shoot a deer, would he take that carcass home or do what he needs to for the meat there? Excuse my ignorance. I guess I’m trying to work out how he would fit the deer in the trailer without taking the table off the top.
Who knows what he would do, I don't think he knew what he was going to do.

Most people would not take a whole deer out of the bush, it's not logistically probable because getting a whole animal out of the bush back to a car is extremely unlikely.
Deer don't just sit in paddocks or next to roads waiting to be shot!

Most wild deer are taken deep into off trail bush and animals will be quartered and packed out (legs and prime cuts removed)
The degree of infield butchery will depend on factors such as difficulty of terrain vs distance vs fitness and conditioning.
A trailer is completely unnecessary, a large 12v fridge or Esky is sufficient as even a large deer will only have 40-50kg of actual meat.

Most people would not take a whole deer out of the bush, it's not logistically probable because getting a whole animal out of the bush back to a car is extremely unlikely.

Most wild deer are taken deep into off trail bush and animals will be quartered and packed out (legs and prime cuts removed)
The degree of infield butchery will depend on factors such as difficulty of terrain vs distance vs fitness and conditioning.
A trailer is completely unnecessary, a large 12v fridge or Esky is sufficient as even a large deer will only have 40-50kg of actual meat.
Sounds like he would need a fridge or large esky if he was seriously hunting for meat then.
Thanks for that, only familiar with pig hunters who often take the pigs home in cages on the back of their utes.

Or a chainsaw and cryovac machine and lots of time 😆

Sounds like he would need a fridge or large esky if he was seriously hunting for meat then.
Thanks for that, only familiar with pig hunters who often take the pigs home in cages on the back of their utes.
Fresh meat will not spoil until it reaches consistent temperatures of greater than about 14 degrees, if it's cold enough you don't even need and Esky.
Before we had fridges people had meat safes and cellars where dry aging and hanging meat in the open air for extended periods was completely normal.

Fresh meat will not spoil until it reaches consistent temperatures of greater than about 14 degrees, if it's cold enough you don't even need and Esky.
Before we had fridges people had meat safes and cellars where dry aging and hanging meat in the open air for extended periods was completely normal.
Now I’m imagining what this would look like, a whole deer in the trailer, but I guess it’s not as ridiculous as two bodies😞

I agree.
People do hunt for meat but I don’t even think he was prepared for this. Possible ‘thrill kill.’ IMO

Back