Preview R11: Changes vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Winning against West Coast would be futile, we are not making the 8. This clubs needs a reality check because our s**t start hasn’t given them that

Eagles haven’t won away yet and average about a 50 point loss. We’ll win and it’ll be vindication of every $hit strategy they have.

Murphy has 'experience' endless games leadership group he was deplorable in the 2nd half as he often is his first half was good if you play awful for a half you are NOT GOOD ENOUGH

How do we know if his first half was good? His job is to keep shape, the more he gets the pill, the less likely he’s keeping enough shape.

Any evidence this is true? Any at all?
Geoffa is the only one who has ever peddled this obviously false statement.

What professional, full time, AFL player, in 2024, let alone a leader will just say "Hey Nicksy just need to skip half of training this week, got a few modules to complete".

No coach, club, anyone - not even our rabble, would let that fly.

Bizarre take.

That would make sense if you didn't pick our best forward yesterday to drop
Geez..

I wish my wife thought like you do..

I can do 99 good things and those 99 good things mean absolutely nothing if I do one not so good thing..

Youre the opposite.. murphy can do 99 shite things and those 99 shite things mean absolutely nothing if he does one good thing..

Eagles haven’t won away yet and average about a 50 point loss. We’ll win and it’ll be vindication of every $hit strategy they have.

It's come at the right time for Nicks. He escaped a fair bit of scrutiny from the weekend. A win this week and the media will claim all is good.

Don't remember you having these same criticisms of Cook when he had one disposal in the final 90 minutes of the Showdown, after only 3 and a goal before that (he has been ok since then btw before you jump up and down)
Cooks barely played 10 games.. and has good skills.

Murphy has grifted his way through over a hundred and is still a useless hack.. and is miraculously viewed by the club as a “leader”..

The very fact you cant see the fxxkn difference between what we all should be expecting from these two players, and you are using cook to apologise for murphy, shows exactly why your posting on this forum is considered to be complete and utter garbage by most of us.

Wake up to yourself.

Cook has class.
Murphy lacks class.
Cook needs to get more of the ball, but I feel very confident when he has the ball.
Same can't be said for Murphy.
One had played 17 games the other 100 games.

Can we compare apples with apples.

Murphy’s first goal in four games this year. Outstanding.

Cook has kicked 500% more goals this year (and yes he needs to do more).

How the hell BACCS doesnt see this is one of life’s mysteries!..

Geoffa is the only one who has ever peddled this obviously false statement.

What professional, full time, AFL player, in 2024, let alone a leader will just say "Hey Nicksy just need to skip half of training this week, got a few modules to complete".

No coach, club, anyone - not even our rabble, would let that fly.

Bizarre take.

Not sure it’s that unlikely. Extending Nix being happy for Tex to miss a meeting due to a school pickup, where does the flexibility stop? Is it just Tex that can be late, or is it common across the group?

IMG_4154.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I've cracked the Crows selection code.

Step 1: Get lucky and crack a debut. Run a LOT. Get close to opposition players even if you don't actually tackle them. Performance not relevant.
Step 2: Work your way through the 'edge of the team' period. Dropped a few times. Recalled a few times. Keep effort up. As long as effort is high, performance is not relevant.
Step 3: Semi-secure spot. Will now play most of the season. Output varies, even effort varies at times, but as long as your overall average effort ratings remains high, it's fine. Performance not relevant.
Step 4: Congratulations. You have now reached 75-100 games. Effort may not be what it was, but you are now picked based on the experience you provide. Performance not relevant.
Step 5: Locked in. Your experience is now critical. Nothing else matters, including effort. Performance not relevant.
Step 6: Experienced campaigner. Absolutely critical to the team. Cannot be dropped regardless of performance.
Step 7: An icon of the club, you maybe be cooked, but it doesn't matter. No-one can tell you that you aren't playing. You either choose to retire, or leave in a wheelchair. It's entirely up to you.

I think I've cracked the Crows selection code.

Step 1: Get lucky and crack a debut. Run a LOT. Get close to opposition players even if you don't actually tackle them. Performance not relevant.
Step 2: Work your way through the 'edge of the team' period. Dropped a few times. Recalled a few times. Keep effort up. As long as effort is high, performance is not relevant.
Step 3: Semi-secure spot. Will now play most of the season. Output varies, even effort varies at times, but as long as your overall average effort ratings remains high, it's fine. Performance not relevant.
Step 4: Congratulations. You have now reached 75-100 games. Effort may not be what it was, but you are now picked based on the experience you provide. Performance not relevant.
Step 5: Locked in. Your experience is now critical. Nothing else matters, including effort. Performance not relevant.
Step 6: Experienced campaigner. Absolutely critical to the team. Cannot be dropped regardless of performance.
Step 7: An icon of the club, you maybe be cooked, but it doesn't matter. No-one can tell you that you aren't playing. You either choose to retire, or leave in a wheelchair. It's entirely up to you.

Gold - That completely sums up Murphy and about half our side... SHoll, McHenry, Jones all at Step 3. Smith at Step 7. Laird at Step 6. ROB at step 4. :$

Not sure it’s that unlikely. Extending Nix being happy for Tex to miss a meeting due to a school pickup, where does the flexibility stop? Is it just Tex that can be late, or is it common across the group?

View attachment 1994963
How's that evidence going of ROB not training you promised me that you definitely, absolutely would have no trouble presenting?

Gold - That completely sums up Murphy and about half our side... SHoll, McHenry, Jones all at Step 3. Smith at Step 7. Laird at Step 6. ROB at step 4. :$

To be fair to Smith and Laird, they didn't get to where they are by progressing through those steps. They were quality performers for us. That we allow them to plateau and phone in performances at this stage is definitely a major issue though.

Someone’s worried about the crowd

$40 clams to see the Harley Reid show? Seems fair value!

Quite surprised to see all the negativity here. You guys almost knocked off the reigning premier on their own dung heap. Is the concern getting stuck in the mid-table trap?

$40 clams to see the Harley Reid show? Seems fair value!

Quite surprised to see all the negativity here. You guys almost knocked off the reigning premier on their own dung heap. Is the concern getting stuck in the mid-table trap?
This board is one of the most miserable places on the entire internet. I guess it's probably the 25+ years of failure, exacerbated by all the post-2017 nonsense.

Needs to be another step, or sub-step, in there around step 2/3 for the McHenry, Murphy, Sholl types: Get dropped, near dropped, made sub a few times, to the point where you look certain to be dropped until a timely injury to another player renders your "consistency" more valuable than making 2 changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back