Preview Changes Rd 4 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you seriously think Nicks would have pumped the games into Stengle?
It's a fair point

He doesn't do what we value
Good skills
Goals
Speed, agility

Not important

Exemplary off field behaviour
Leading the pack during preseasons

Very important

Good post. The connection is dreadful. I worry because there is no linkup from HB, to mids, and then support from HB's giving an option or run through the middle. Without that connection we're left with mediocre I50's (i think we had only 28 to 3Q time last week...absolutely abysmal.)

A key component of pushing your I50 numbers up is also defensive pressure in the F50, to keep it in there, or bring it back in quickly. We have a GLARING issue if Walker is the only one of our Key/M Forwards bothering to lay a tackle (1) for the entire match

For Freo:
Switkowski - 3 tackles
Walters - 2 tackles
Frederick - 2 tackles
Amiss - 2 tackles.

We had only 2 people in the Top 8 tacklers last week. (Soligo & Rachele with zero...)

No pressure around the ground or in the contest at all. There's just SO MANY glaring issues.

- No defensive run, no linkup DEF/MID/FWD, no F50 defensive pressure, no tackling, no speed and outside run from the contest. Add into this mix a stupid amount of turnovers and clangers, and it's a recipe for disaster.
Lots of issues at the moment but this is the biggest thing for me too. Forward 50 pressure non existent. In fact, pressure all over the ground needs to get better.

After a 0 and 3 start, Collingwood had 85 tackles against Brisbane last week. Adelaide managed...40.

Some things maybe beyond your control but surely bringing heat and bringing pressure is non-negotiable.

Rather us put keays back on the ball vs berry. Atleast he has a red hot crack at it and also racks it up.

Dawson needs to be outside the packs and kicking. Amazing he's on the bottom nowadays

Not sure what was more cringeworthy.... The selections or Adam Kelly's waffle about justifying them.

“We have made five changes this week, two of which were forced,” Kelly said.

“We acknowledge that our game has not presented itself over the first three weeks and we are pursuing our best footy with determination.

Selection plays a part in this pursuit, and we emphasise, it plays just a part, there are many other factors and considerations, and we are earnestly going to work on those so that we can turn our form around.”

:sick:
The data says

Good post. The connection is dreadful. I worry because there is no linkup from HB, to mids, and then support from HB's giving an option or run through the middle. Without that connection we're left with mediocre I50's (i think we had only 28 to 3Q time last week...absolutely abysmal.)

A key component of pushing your I50 numbers up is also defensive pressure in the F50, to keep it in there, or bring it back in quickly. We have a GLARING issue if Walker is the only one of our Key/M Forwards bothering to lay a tackle (1) for the entire match

For Freo:
Switkowski - 3 tackles
Walters - 2 tackles
Frederick - 2 tackles
Amiss - 2 tackles.

We had only 2 people in the Top 8 tacklers last week. (Soligo & Rachele with zero...)

No pressure around the ground or in the contest at all. There's just SO MANY glaring issues.

- No defensive run, no linkup DEF/MID/FWD, no F50 defensive pressure, no tackling, no speed and outside run from the contest. Add into this mix a stupid amount of turnovers and clangers, and it's a recipe for disaster.
Fogarty 6 tackles for the year
Walker 3 tackles
Burgess 3 tackles

Murphy 4 tackles
Rachele 4 tackles
Keays 7 tackles

Rankine 14 tackles - elite

Anyone else still think Berry could be a decent player for us?

It's a shrinking fan base

I'm still a Berrliever

Clean hands, tough, good tackler, decent mark for size, has a defensive balance to his game. I think he complements more attack-minded mids like Rankine, Pedlar could be.

Kicking...?

<adjusts tie>
I think he could be a player, but not for us. We continually draft his type, which is increasingly becoming a "You can have 1, but not multiple of" type player.

If we didn't have Crouch and moved Laird out he might, but we won't do that, so he's going to continually be the hat we put on a hat if we select him.

I'm finding it difficult to decide whether it's the players just struggling to play the game plan , or the players just aren't good enough to play the game plan. Then there's the 3rd option of nicks whether he has the right gameplan.

I've heard we were trying to fix up our defensive game, which I think was necessary tbh. But now we just can't score. Obviously our focus needs to shift on that now.

Then there's the selectin issue. Teams can lose at the selection table. I can't say with any great confidence that we've got that right this year.

Nank should have been in round 1.

Not sure why we're not giving Dowling a go given how ******* s**t our senior team has done 3 weeks in a row.

Cook I'm not sure on. Has talent, which is more than we can say for Murphy, McHenry or Keays. We've shown in the past that he gets very few chances though so I hope we just leave him in for a bit. Probably going to struggle with how our ball movement and forward delivery has been.
It's gonna be tough for Cooky playing a whole game where the ball isn't.

I've heard we were trying to fix up our defensive game, which I think was necessary tbh.
I think this is what they think but they looked at it the wrong way around

Certainly tighten up movement out of the back line but the failure was not believing our quick movement informed our high scoring

We stopped believing we could outscore our defensive issues

I'm finding it difficult to decide whether it's the players just struggling to play the game plan , or the players just aren't good enough to play the game plan. Then there's the 3rd option of nicks whether he has the right gameplan.

I've heard we were trying to fix up our defensive game, which I think was necessary tbh. But now we just can't score. Obviously our focus needs to shift on that now.

Then there's the selectin issue. Teams can lose at the selection table. I can't say with any great confidence that we've got that right this year.
Happy to fix a defensive issue but not confuse our younger players who go totally defensive

I'm still a Berrliever

Clean hands, tough, good tackler, decent mark for size, has a defensive balance to his game. I think he complements more attack-minded mids like Rankine, Pedlar could be.

Kicking...?

<adjusts tie>
Can’t kick and win enough of the ball

I'm still a Berrliever

Kicking...?

<adjusts tie>
Slow, fumbles, never takes clean possession, cant kick, cant mark, cant find space, lacks creativity, doesnt kick goals, doesnt have any acceleration or pace. His tackling even seems to have disappeared.

He wasn't a high draft pick or anything. He wont make it, especially not as a midfielder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to fix a defensive issue but not confuse our younger players who go totally defensive
Not just young players, look how much Milera stopped and went back behind the mark.

If we change the game plan tonight and win, it will be damming on Nicks and the coaches that their changed game plan cost us 3 games and the finals.

I'm still a Berrliever

Kicking...?

<adjusts tie>
I’m fine berry coming in… as long as its because one of crouch or laird are going out.. preferably laird.

Our midfield is a one dimensional joke with laird and crouch in it at the same time let alone when you also add berry in there too..

I'm still a Berrliever

Kicking...?

<adjusts tie>

Season 4 Episode 21 GIF by The Simpsons

Feel we've been unfair to Pedlar. No one is consistent in the position he's playing and I feel all of his strengths are best suited to being in the middle of contests which he doesn't seem to get much of a chance at. Not convinced Crouch or Laird would be playing consistently if they were asked to play Pedlar's role.

I'm convinced Cook just needs a solid stretch of games and he'll be golden for us.

Feel we've been unfair to Pedlar. No one is consistent in the position he's playing and I feel all of his strengths are best suited to being in the middle of contests which he doesn't seem to get much of a chance at. Not convinced Crouch or Laird would be playing consistently if they were asked to play Pedlar's role.

I'm convinced Cook just needs a solid stretch of games and he'll be golden for us.

We Nicksed him.

Lad copped a busted nose (probably concussion in Round 1), asked to play on an all time great in Stewart in round 2, then played forward (no mid time) in a team that kicked 4 goals in total in round 3.

Unlucky to be dropped really given many 'senior' players have been poor.

I'm still a Berrliever

Kicking...?

<adjusts tie>
Yeah I still like him as an inside mid. Problem being we currently have two of these already who aren't damaging by foot.

We Nicksed him.

Lad copped a busted nose (probably concussion in Round 1), asked to play on an all time great in Stewart in round 2, then played forward (no mid time) in a team that kicked 4 goals in total in round 3.

Shouldn’t be dropped

Not sure what was more cringeworthy.... The selections or Adam Kelly's waffle about justifying them.

“We have made five changes this week, two of which were forced,” Kelly said.

“We acknowledge that our game has not presented itself over the first three weeks and we are pursuing our best footy with determination.

Selection plays a part in this pursuit, and we emphasise, it plays just a part, there are many other factors and considerations, and we are earnestly going to work on those so that we can turn our form around.”

:sick:
Code for we don't listen to noise outside the four walls of the club.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We Nicksed him.

Can't argue with this. Was out of touch in the preseason as well.

He is unlucky, but he is also the most out of form footballer I can recall ever seeing. His first 3 games have been absolutely putrid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back