Preview Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

So history looks to be a pretty good guide here.

The rebuild coach is very rarely the messiah that gets you to the premiership.

We hoped MN was the rare unicorn, but he is actually just the mule required to take the load before the race horse arrives.

The club (Not unexpectedly) pulled the wrong lever, now it’s up to the club to not head down the wrong path for too long before they fix the mistake.

I have very very little faith that this will happen before we are past the point of another prolonged dip.

Sigh.

25 years without a premiership could so easily become 35.
life of brian GIF

Couldn't help but think of this lol

Given i have watched most of the SANFL games this year form in these games does not appear to have been instrumental in this weeks selections. I was genuinely surprised with their all up

Both Gollant and Hammil have been fairly ordinary to date.

I thought his would would have been a good opportunity to play Strauchnie or Dragon and maybe debut one new player possibly Billy or Ryan.

Given i have watched most of the SANFL games this year form in these games does not appear to have been instrumental in this weeks selections. I was genuinely surprised with their all up

Both Gollant and Hammil have been fairly ordinary to date.

I thought his would would have been a good opportunity to play Strauchnie or Dragon and maybe debut one new player possibly Billy or Ryan.

The club is really stinking it up arent they? sigh...

Rachele on the news begging to play midfield. Poor guy doesn't know that's only for 28 year Olds that can't kick or run
If they give him plenty of CBAs and he excels, it will show up Nicks ridiculous backing of our vanilla midfield for the first four losses and incredibly seeking out King for a chat - WTF?

Nicks is in the same situation as Putin, it hasn't gone according to plan so just double down on the wrong decisions!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no ******* idea what we are doing any more. What are they seeing that makes them think that the players in the team are performing well enough that their selection cant be questioned, AND THEN, for the few changes that we are making, bringing in guys that aren't performing that well in the SANFL, AND have not performed that well in the AFL in the past, AND not picking younger players that have significantly more upside?
Selection policy this year is even worse than normal, have they gone into full body mental cramps stopping them from being able to think due to the shock of the new game plan being completely unable to work against current AFL teams and with the list they have? Despite all evidence that last year's game plan was at least not that far off the mark?
Coaching is so bad this year, I wouldn't be completely shocked if we delisted players this year, they get picked up by a decent coach, and win a flag. Zero faith in anything we are doing any more.

I have no ******* idea what we are doing any more. What are they seeing that makes them think that the players in the team are performing well enough that their selection cant be questioned, AND THEN, for the few changes that we are making, bringing in guys that aren't performing that well in the SANFL, AND have not performed that well in the AFL in the past, AND not picking younger players that have significantly more upside?
Selection policy this year is even worse than normal, have they gone into full body mental cramps stopping them from being able to think due to the shock of the new game plan being completely unable to work against current AFL teams and with the list they have? Despite all evidence that last year's game plan was at least not that far off the mark?
Coaching is so bad this year, I wouldn't be completely shocked if we delisted players this year, they get picked up by a decent coach, and win a flag. Zero faith in anything we are doing any more.

I had a dizzy spell reading that but do agree.

In my last post I talked about the lack of form of the players who were called up to the seniors this week

I cannot really see the reasoning behind this but if I am kind maybe it’s the last chance saloon for Hammil cook Gollant McHenry etc and they want a final look before saying that’s it

I can state that Ryan Curtin and Edwards don’t look ready for the next level and with our present form in the A side, could lose confidence and stall in their development like Fischer. MGallagher is miles off at this stage

Billy is unlucky. He may not be in our best 22 long term but he did have some form on the board. Strauchnie should play but Taylor Bond etc still not demanding selection. Bond could become good run with cooler player in time

I thought last year we did not cut enough into our list and certainly the lack of suitable replacement options confirms this

In my last post I talked about the lack of form of the players who were called up to the seniors this week

I cannot really see the reasoning behind this but if I am kind maybe it’s the last chance saloon for Hammil cook Gollant McHenry etc and they want a final look before saying that’s it

I can state that Ryan Curtin and Edwards don’t look ready for the next level and with our present form in the A side, could lose confidence and stall in their development like Fischer. MGallagher is miles off at this stage

Billy is unlucky. He may not be in our best 22 long term but he did have some form on the board. Strauchnie should play but Taylor Bond etc still not demanding selection. Bond could become good run with cooler player in time

I thought last year we did not cut enough into our list and certainly the lack of suitable replacement options confirms this
Hmmmm.... that sounds familiar. Should we call you Darren?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back