Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane will back Hinkley full tilt given he carried him to 300 games. Should've been cut at the end of 2012, but Ken gave him a lifeline.
Not only does that explain his defence of Hinkley, but how does doing something like that not kill the culture of a club?

Don’t play the person who deserves a place, play someone just so we can get our first 300 gamer, then let them go mid season. They’re not interested in hanging around and helping the team win games for the rest of the year?

Disgraceful move

Tends to be my musings as well. Hayward offers a dynamic we could use more of, while Petty is a position I feel comfortable with at present.
Get Petty for a future 1st and trade Butts for a future 2nd? I could get behind that, I guess.

But mostly I agree. Petty as a FA is fine but I can't see how we'd give up draft picks for him.

Tends to be my musings as well. Hayward offers a dynamic we could use more of, while Petty is a position I feel comfortable with at present.
Lets not forget, Petty is basically "free" in 2025 for us to take.

Our priority should be elsewhere during the trade period in 2024.

Do we all Petty purely because he is linked to us, or do people actually want him?

If FA in 2025, probably worth getting if salary not ridiculous.

A trade, no way.

Our backline is a pretty tight cohesive unit, and is he a better forward than anyone we have?

I don't see why we need him?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do we all Petty purely because he is linked to us, or do people actually want him?

If FA in 2025, probably worth getting if salary not ridiculous.

A trade, no way.

Our backline is a pretty tight cohesive unit, and is he a better forward than anyone we have?

I don't see why we need him?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I certainly don't. I will actually be very disappointed if we trade for him. I agree. I don't think we need him at all. Much more pressing issues to address.

Brown out for 4 weeks you would think?

The AFL will eventually ban the bump altogether, because players use it an option instead of tackling. If the bump was banned altogether, the option to bump "would" never be considered by players.

1.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam Shiels looking pretty cooked. Is he just getting a game because he's mates with Clarkson?

Petty would easily make our best 22 ATM. As a marking forward, he looks better than Fog or Tex. A breakout TT improves our forward setup immensely.
Such a shame he will miss most of the year.

Even with TT and a resurgent Fog, there's still room now. And definately after Tex retires.

(I think we might aim for him end of 25 as free agent. Tex to retire at this same time)

Brown out for 4 weeks you would think?

The AFL will eventually ban the bump altogether, because players use it an option instead of tackling. If the bump was banned altogether, the option to bump "would" never be considered by players.

View attachment 1979052
Yep, given McCartin failed concussion test & has a history of concussions.

Some of the umpiring this round has reached new levels of incompetency.
Imo the umpiring was better when they had 3 field umpires as easier to see how the other one is interpreting the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back