NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the head says the Power but the heart says Demons, nothing wrong in being the underdog as all the pressure is on the other side.
Good luck to all, I’m sure it will be another close one. See you there.

Congratulations to both Laurimar and Mernda who will play off for premiership glory next Saturday.
There is tremendous rivalry between the two clubs and it should be a cracker of a final.
Will do a preview later in the week but I am sure both clubs will enjoy the build up to next Saturday

Went to watch a game of local footy (Mernda ) Saturday afternoon good game but having to pay to get in and then have to pay $7.50 for a beer 🍺 no wonder they don't get many supporters at games !!!

Welcome to the NFNL $$$$
At least we know when we pay by card that the money goes to the NFL account, in days gone by there was plenty of leakage.
The price of a can of beer is a disgrace. It almost seems they are trying to discourage drinking. Maybe the NFL board don't think the average supporter can handle their liquor?

At least we know when we pay by card that the money goes to the NFL account, in days gone by there was plenty of leakage.
The price of a can of beer is a disgrace. It almost seems they are trying to discourage drinking. Maybe the NFL board don't think the average supporter can handle their liquor?
They cannot not accept Cash. Just a another sneaky way this league make money by not advertising surcharges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you’d want nearly the entire club onboard. Not anywhere near 50/50 to even consider it.
Heard conversations at Preston on Saturday about this. Sounded like more people were in favour of the move although it was far from an overwhelming majority. Players definitely on board except for a number of thirds players as there is no corresponding comp in NFNL.

Those opposed were concerned about entering NFNL without a major junior base to draw on (apparently Banyule had been used as a comparison point) as well as the financial implications of being in a non "amateur" competition and that some of the people pushing the move have an inflated belief about where the club is at and their ideal world scenarios about player recruitment and sponsorship were a little distant from reality. Also seemed to be a belief that the school were wanting to get the club off their grounds for their own expansion plans

As I said, these were conversations I overheard but were from someone that was clearly either involved or closely connected to the club. Make of them what you will

Another disappointing year for Old Eltham. They keep promising. Yes played off to make a granny. But they have a few old heads down there and they need to get out of Div 3. Things can happen quickly like we saw with Banyule and South Morang if they do.

Another disappointing year for Old Eltham. They keep promising. Yes played off to make a granny. But they have a few old heads down there and they need to get out of Div 3. Things can happen quickly like we saw with Banyule and South Morang if they do.
nosecondprize no juniors so can’t compare them to Sth Morang or Banyule
If they win a division 3 flag, they will bounce straight back down.

Yeh that's fair enough. So are they just a Stand alone club? Not affiliated with a school or anyone?
nosecondprize not sure. They seem to recruit from Eltham and Diamond Creek a lot
They have played a few young kids from Yarrambat but so has Nth Heid and Panton Hill
I think they recruit on their culture but they could drop quickly if they can’t keep replacing players that retire or leave the club

nosecondprize not sure. They seem to recruit from Eltham and Diamond Creek a lot
They have played a few young kids from Yarrambat but so has Nth Heid and Panton Hill
I think they recruit on their culture but they could drop quickly if they can’t keep replacing players that retire or leave the club
Idk about juniors but they do have 1st 2nds and a 3rds team. Pretty sure they tried to affiliate with bundoora/ st damiens junior clubs

Why do the league advertise the price being 17.50 and not the full price with the surcharge. If you don't give an option to pay with cash then why should we pay the surcharge. We aren't getting a choice.
It was only $15 to get into the VFL finals on the weekend, how can the NFL justify their prices. Maybe have lunch and a few at the Royal before going to the game.

Heard conversations at Preston on Saturday about this. Sounded like more people were in favour of the move although it was far from an overwhelming majority. Players definitely on board except for a number of thirds players as there is no corresponding comp in NFNL.

Those opposed were concerned about entering NFNL without a major junior base to draw on (apparently Banyule had been used as a comparison point) as well as the financial implications of being in a non "amateur" competition and that some of the people pushing the move have an inflated belief about where the club is at and their ideal world scenarios about player recruitment and sponsorship were a little distant from reality. Also seemed to be a belief that the school were wanting to get the club off their grounds for their own expansion plans

As I said, these were conversations I overheard but were from someone that was clearly either involved or closely connected to the club. Make of them what you will
They're alined with 'Parade St Damians' and yep local footy experience isnt what it use to be. You're looking at $40+ (3 beers and entry) to spend 3 hours watching your club or a mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back