NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Large majority of clubs are struggling with reserves and 19s numbers let alone playing a thirds side in the NFNL. It’s honestly 0% chance to happen
It’s working reasonably well over in the edfl

15 clubs with sides in it this year with sides aiming to add more next year

7pm on a Friday night is a bit of a late start though

7pm on a Friday night is the ideal start though my mate said it was the ideal time as it gave time for the tradies in his side time to get there also gave the coaches a bit more time to prepare

7pm on a Friday night is a bit of a late start though
my mate told me 7 pm was ideal as it gave time for the tradies in his side to get to game especially away game and also a plus for the coaching staff a bit more time to prepare .and when playing at home it kept more of the adults and kids there for longer on a Friday night training and more money into the club through bar and canteen

Preliminary Final Time

Mernda by 17 points over the Turtles.

Good luck to both teams on Saturday

My Turtles to get the job done by 20.
Must remember to keep momma and the hatchlings well away from Coach Felcher and his wanna fight everyone

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It just passed my mind but after all the div 3 nfnl forums over the past few years there has been there fair share of criticism towards Fletcher (mernda coach).
Is it possible that after mernda's rise to the finals this year and regardless of the result over the next few weeks that maybe just maybe he might be rewarded coach of the year and selected in the div3 team of the year?

It just passed my mind but after all the div 3 nfnl forums over the past few years there has been there fair share of criticism towards Fletcher (mernda coach).
Is it possible that after mernda's rise to the finals this year and regardless of the result over the next few weeks that maybe just maybe he might be rewarded coach of the year and selected in the div3 team of the year?

Nah Premiership Coach Matty Sleeman gets that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

my mate told me 7 pm was ideal as it gave time for the tradies in his side to get to game especially away game and also a plus for the coaching staff a bit more time to prepare .and when playing at home it kept more of the adults and kids there for longer on a Friday night training and more money into the club through bar and canteen
The only reason I said 7pm was too late my mate that plays in that comp says he doesn’t get home till about 11 once the game ends and you go back into the rooms have a chat and a shower etc etc

They don’t select a coach for the D3 side. Just coach of the year for all divisions

Well I'm thinking Mernda will be to strong this week and make it to the granny but either way my money is still on Laurimaur to be in Div 2 next year. Think they would have learnt a lot from their last quarter against Mernda. Good luck 🍀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Golledge and Turner both named for Mernda, still hearing both aren’t 100%
What are peoples thoughts on playing injured players in must win finals?
Both are very important to Mernda’s chances of winning but if, and I say IF they aren’t full fit, does this hurt Mernda’s chances.
All eyes will be on the reserves game to see if there are any late changes tomorrow

Both are very important to Mernda’s chances of winning but if, and I say IF they aren’t full fit, does this hurt Mernda’s chances.
All eyes will be on the reserves game to see if there are any late changes tomorrow
Looks genius if you win, if you lose it’ll be the excuse.

Depends who the next up is as well but with their ressies and 19s playing in the same final they must have depth.

Why is Kannegieser out ? Dropped or injured ?

Finals tip

Mernda vs Old Eltham
Round 1: OE 2-10-22 Mernda 7-10-52
Round 10: Mernda 9-7-61 OE 8-6-54
Mernda pushed Laurimar all the way last week and their supporters could have felt they might have missed an opportunity after hitting the lead in the last quarter. Now they need their double chance to try and have another go at Laurimar, first though they need to get past an Old Eltham team full of confidence after last week’s elimination final win over Kinglake.
Both teams have settled line up, however Turner and Golledge possibly could be under injury clouds, both have been named so you hope for the Mernda faithful they are both 100% fit.
Both games have been low scoring, can Williamson break out and kick a bag to propel Old Eltham into their first NFNL grand final.
Mernda have held 1st or 2nd for most of the year and I think this will be the reason they will get another opportunity against Laurimar in a weeks time. Mernda by 5 points

Credit to mernda 3rd last on ladder last year to playing off in a grand final just shows get the right people on board and it can be turned around. Their is still Hope for Lalor and reservoir

Remove this Banner Ad

Back