List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
There are two wings on a ground

Pondering Anthony Anderson GIF by BET
And on a goose!!

Would make sense on a few levels. I think we’d want a pick in the twenties to be tempted. Could be scope for the Eagles to pay part of his salary to sweeten it.
I suspect we would baulk at a pick in the 20s because of his age, but I appreciate you don't want to give a good player away for nothing. Would he even want to move to Victoria?

I suspect we would baulk at a pick in the 20s because of his age, but I appreciate you don't want to give a good player away for nothing. Would he even want to move to Victoria?
He’s late in career and had injury problems. Wouldn’t surprise if he could be motivated by the right salary package, especially if you have a good S&C department.

That’s some impressive photography, great job.
Thanks mate. It's an outlet for my mundane week job. Plus I have a ridiculous amount of gear from shooting weddings (it pays for my GAS).
i worked as a sports photographer 10 years ago, and was trying to break into AFL photography but the circumstances didn't align. My one claim to fame was this photograph I got of Bontempelli in his draft year:
marcus-bontempelli.jpg

Princes Park didn't look much better today than it did 10+ years ago.
Great pics. What gear did you use?
Today I used my Canon R7 and 100-500mm.
That gives me an effective full frame focal length of 160mm - 800mm which is pretty perfect for AFL photography (given the large size of the grounds). It also doesn't break the account or the back (due to the weight of these huge 400mm - 600mm primes).
I've been shooting for the Pioneers so you can see more of my photographs on their facebook/instagram.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw the highlights of Harley Reids goals and i am not excited.A joe the goose,A nice set shot snap and another one that fell into his lap.I was expecting some magical moments.Oh well i might see it next game.

Rory Lobb was 2 second rounders last year and you can easily make the case that Yeo is twice the player he is and a year younger...
Yeo’s the better player clearly, but he’s injury prone and at a club with big injury management issues. I think a pick in the twenties would be about right for a guy we haven’t been able to keep on the park for the last 3 years.

I think it’s time the club stopped being so conservative, trades are a risk/reward equation. I don’t see huge downside in letting Yeo go if we got a decent draft pick. We should be focusing very much on the longer term because there’s little to gain in the short term.

Yeo’s the better player clearly, but he’s injury prone and at a club with big injury management issues. I think a pick in the twenties would be about right for a guy we haven’t been able to keep on the park for the last 3 years.

I think it’s time the club stopped being so conservative, trades are a risk/reward equation. I don’t see huge downside in letting Yeo go if we got a decent draft pick. We should be focusing very much on the longer term because there’s little to gain in the short term.
Pick in the 20 holds little value, even moreso when you look at our record with such picks.

Gutting the team of senior quality is a sure way to build a losing culture.

Draft picks alone is not how you build for the future. And we will have enough of these over the next couple years without stripping the youngsters of any quality mentors within the club.

Our second is probably the right price, but second rounders don't have as much value these days with all the academy and F/S players.
Your second rounder is currently 33 according to Lore’s spreadsheet. I doubt we’d be interested in an offer like that (and that pick is before factoring in academy players and father sons).

Pick in the 20 holds little value, even moreso when you look at our record with such picks.

Draft picks alone is not how you build for the future. And we will have enough of these over the next couple years without stripping the youngsters of any quality mentors within the club.
If we take the view that we’re incapable of drafting good players in the twenties we might as well give it away.

I agree we don’t want a complete fire sale, we need to retain some experience. But unless we have confidence we can keep Yeo fit then I think we should be open to sensible offers.

100%

We’ve seen what happens when the younger boys have no on field leadership when a lot of senior players are out. Look at that backline against Adelaide for example, what kind of culture do results like that build for the future of that is what is out on the park for 23 games a season?

Has it crossed your mind that Yeo is contracted and may not want to go?

100%

We’ve seen what happens when the younger boys have no on field leadership when a lot of senior players are out. Look at that backline against Adelaide for example, what kind of culture do results like that build for the future of that is what is out on the park for 23 games a season?
How many games has Yeo played in the last 3 years? If he’s not playing, he’s not providing much on-field leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back