List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Trading the Barass pick and Oscar for Pickett would be the trade of the century. Would definitely add some steel to the team.
Just imagine the damage Harley and Kozzi could do if they were unleashed.
Pyke said we would be aggressive, Go for it Don !!!!!
Christ sake. Trading a good key forward for good small forward is one the stupidest list decision’s you can make. You start to build teams around key forwards and bringing smalls like pickett to support em and not vise versa. The shit he cops around he is flipping laughable. He had a season like Waterman just last season and that was is a side that was much worse than this years team and after missing most of the season via injury he was as expected way off pace and yet still had some great games to go with it. We are much better side with snake/Allen than we are with Snake/kozzie

just switched off the west footy pod because barra is a ****ing idiot then i see the same idea floated here... anyone suggesting harley is traded needs to be shot into the ****ing sun.
Have you just worked out Barra is an idiot, he loves making sh1t up.

I too have had the same thought minus Baker.
If we can't hold on to Reid no club will hold a better hand than Richmond has at the moment.
It would be a little worry for the list team.

They wouldnt pay 1,6,9 and Baker.

Would Harley agree to go to Richmond? How do you approach this with him and then of knocks it back? He then creates his own path out and value decreases.

They would love a signature for at least a 4th year in this off season. Would help with the future recruitment.

Archer Reid still hasn’t signed on either. Would love an extra 2 years for him right now.

It would be a little worry for the list team.

They wouldnt pay 1,6,9 and Baker.

Would Harley agree to go to Richmond? How do you approach this with him and then of knocks it back? He then creates his own path out and value decreases.

They would love a signature for at least a 4th year in this off season. Would help with the future recruitment.

Archer Reid still hasn’t signed on either. Would love an extra 2 years for him right now.

Harley's management has specifically told him not to sign anything until next year as it will almost certainly increase his value.

At a minimum we can be throwing dollars at Pickett to force Fremantle to use up a bit more cap space than they’d like

aka throw a mention of the possibility of him going to West Coast so freo have to pay more for him. Basically the same sort of language they used with Jackson a couple years ago. He's no chance here.

I do hope Pickett will be gettable for us, I think he would be a great get even if we had to split our F1. If we turned out f1 into Pickett + roughly pick 16ish next year(id want the future pick) that would be a win imo.

Adding Pickett, Peatling and Baker to the squad would be a huge boost

FB: Hough HEdwards Hunt
HB: Ginbey Gov Maric
C: Hutchinson Yeo Kelly
HF: Ryan Allen Long
FF: Pickett Waterman JWilliams
R: BWilliams Reid Peatling
Int: Hewett Baker Duggan pick 3
Sub: pick 12 from Barrass trade

Guys like Dewar, Cripps, Hall, Bazzo, Johnston, Petch, Cole and Chesser as depth who could come straight in.
We have a bit of a logjam where we cant give games to everyone who needs them. Good problem to have though.

Something like this I think could be pretty competitive next year. We'd have midfield depth and a very dangerous forward line.
Backline depth is lacking a bit though.

Unless we are sure Warner will be available then save our F1 and cancel Pickett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harley's management has specifically told him not to sign anything until next year as it will almost certainly increase his value.

Which makes complete sense

Ideally, we get him to sign an extension mid next year.

Don’t think we’ll actually be involved with Pickett going by that. Would mean Freo can’t stump up the currency, in which case to outbid them, the currency is 3 or F1 straight up. Which is too much.

Almost certainly takes them out of a Warner chase next year though, which will be handy.
Feathers and Freo are never out of trades though because every year one or sometimes multiple of their best 22 players requests a trade and they have had some luck with other clubs over paying.

I have read all his comments and can't see Kozzy moving nor WC burning a 1st round pick during a rebuild.

So how many pages have been wasted on this and day trading?

Please, all 1st round picks should/need to be used on young mids like FOS, Draper, Jagger, Smillie, Lalor, Langford, Ried etc.

I have read all his comments and can't see Kozzy moving nor WC burning a 1st round pick during a rebuild.

So how many pages have been wasted on this and day trading?

Please, all 1st round picks should/need to be used on young mids like FOS, Draper, Jagger, Smillie, Lalor, Langford, Ried etc.
On face value, I agree with this however even if it cost the picks we receive from Hawthorn for Barrass, we would be getting a very good young player with excellent goal sense, great forward pressure and the ability to play midfield AND we would still have our own picks this year and next. Pick 12 and Hawthorn's F1 both have uncertainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back