Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The outside of the house was spotless, but the lawns were not mowed for a little while.
Not anything laying around the house, nothing.

The external panel and paint is sound. This house is well managed and maintained.

Its an original asbestos timberframe Kewdale home kept well.

I can't believe I couldn't see it before but there is a future for you telling lies as a real estate agent, Dan Baker.

"If you're good at something, never do it for free".

Last edited:
Curious, anybody here from WA who knows if there's any law or rule against naming an unconvicted prisoner held in remand if he's been the victim of a crime? As in he's been seriously assaulted.

google 'prisoner handbook western australia' available via Legal Aid. Extensive info but nothing regarding suppression of naming if injured on the inside.

I can't see why naming would be held back as accused persons are named at arrest etc. Unless of course there was a granted suppression order but I am positive we would have read about that.

Remanded prisoners are named on a regular basis.

Little bit more than 'cute' re the pseudo.

I do hope the police search team checked under 344 acton house at the front.

There are clear signs one of the lowest exterior cladding panels located below what would be floor level and near the bush growing against house had been replaced and repainted prior to search day.

They have searched the studframe I believe. There are devices that can search asbestos walls with removing panels.
Stud finders are one of those devices.

I agree, it wouldnt be the first time. Maybe something happened.

Someone may have removed a panel to wire it? Much easier to remove outside panel than inside plasterglass. The asbestos sheet could have cracked over time. Old asbestos is quite brittle, especially around the clouts.
Bit of ethernet cable maybe.
The stumps have been sheeted to cover pipes, wires, insulation under the house.

https://www.news.com.au/national/co...s/news-story/44d3d60b4c894e632bb30a23a11bc787

Last edited:
Curious, anybody here from WA who knows if there's any law or rule against naming an unconvicted prisoner held in remand if he's been the victim of a crime? As in he's been seriously assaulted.
No legal knowledge except general life and reading countless stories in the unbiased and fair media ;)

My 1st thought is as an UNconvicted person you would need to take heed of any suppressions.
2nd is that as a Victim of Crime they are entitled to privacy unless they themselves allow their name to be used

Id be interested to see the history of ownership of this house, whether it was government owned etc.

google 'prisoner handbook western australia' available via Legal Aid. Extensive info but nothing regarding suppression of naming if injured on the inside.

I can't see why naming would be held back as accused persons are named at arrest etc. Unless of course there was a granted suppression order but I am positive we would have read about that.

Remanded prisoners are named on a regular basis.

Thanks. In Victoria and NSW they are named as well, they get bashed in prison we know about it. It's not North Korea.

Being the Community Leader of a media entity probably scopes you under a media suppression order.

I'm not saying you can't but you are now employed as a Community Leader. Best probably seek legal advice.

If there was something I wanted to post here and wasn't sure, I'd ask the Super. Thanks Melsy.

Re the prisoner who was bashed not being named … I think you may find it is because he was meant to be a protective custody prisoner … he chose to leave protective custody … the name suppression will be part of the protective custody deal

Re the prisoner who was bashed not being named … I think you may find it is because he was meant to be a protective custody prisoner … he chose to leave protective custody … the name suppression will be part of the protective custody deal

We had one in Victoria in protective, bashed. The press had his name by the end of the day. Victim of crime is a victim regardless of whether he's in protective or out in the wider prison population. Protective custody doesn't guarantee anyone safety in prison, proved time and again.

We had one in Victoria in protective, bashed. The press had his name by the end of the day. Victim of crime is a victim regardless of whether he's in protective or out in the wider prison population. Protective custody doesn't guarantee anyone safety in prison, proved time and again.

I was not suggesting that protective custody guarantees safety at all … I think because he was a protective custody prisoner his name was held back to try ad prevent further attacks … although this will be pointless as the prison population will know who it was and who did it

I was not suggesting that protective custody guarantees safety at all … I think because he was a protective custody prisoner his name was held back to try ad prevent further attacks … although this will be pointless as the prison population will know who it was and who did it

Okay. I'm ringing Hakea tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need to ring , just park outside and ask someone being released , or a visitor

ah haaa I'm not loitering in the prison carpark

It's amazing though sometimes what goss you can get over the phone. I once had to ring Long Bay and was lucky I landed the right guard who loved a chat, couldn't get him off the phone in the end I had to hang up on him :smile:

Thanks. In Victoria and NSW they are named as well, they get bashed in prison we know about it and we expect to hear about it. It's not North Korea.

Unless the journos are under suppression order of a particular case, well, the biggest criminal case in Australia isnt it.

The prisoners all know why he is in for. Max prisoners are there for protection.
There to be protected which proved pretty spot on when out in the GP at the prisoners request. Pretty boring place to be in max.

Maybe just name names. What did the super say? Doesnt know?

Unless the journos are under suppression order of a particular case, well, the biggest criminal case in Australia isnt it.

A case didn't get bashed in prison, an individual did.

The prisoners all know why he is in for. Max prisoners are there for protection.

Why do you keep calling it max like it's maximum security for prisoners doing actual time? He's a remandee in a protective unit.

Intrepid comm leader fail at extracting details of prisoner fracas from target, Hakea.

Launching Plan B.

I can't tell you what it is yet but it does not involve a free sausage sizzle for information in the car park.

You would be amazed what info a carton could get you in a prison carpark , not sure about sausages

Abd its Hakea which is not max.

https://www.correctiveservices.wa.gov.au/prisons/prison-locations/hakea.aspx

Sometimes protective custody is used to rehab drug dependency as well. I dont believe its BRE who was subjected to assault.

This is incorrect. While Hakea is medium security, the protection unit is classed as maximum security or max for obvious reasons.

When you come out of max you go into the general population.

Have you been in Hakea?

All the prisons are essentially remand prisons because the system is full.
As the article stated Hakea had a pop of 999 in a 1000 bed system.
A lot of the prisons are remand prisons because the system is so full.
Max inmates are targets because they are snitches, pedos or vulnerable prisoners.
All the prisoners know what the max prisoners are in for.

Our current accused is in remand for protection of self inflicted injury himself as much anyone else.

Last edited:
Gareth Parker radio 6PR has the name of the prisoner who was bashed at Hakea, clue is he was in 'for serious offences, very very serious offences' but he can't or won't say who it is. On Thursday, the decision was made to shift that prisoner and within hours, that prisoner was beaten to the extent he was unrecognisable.

The savageness of this assault was something remarkable and shocked prison officers apparently.

https://www.6pr.com.au/podcast/more-trouble-at-wa-prisons/ (skip the first 4.50 mins)

Too much of a coincidence imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back