Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not close to 60m, it’s literally on the other side of the road. But yes, a ridiculously tight window. Especially if it was a blitz attack.

I measured the distance on the new Google Earth, Melsy not paying attention to previous posts. It's about 33 metres from the phone box as the crow flies to the corner where witnesses say they saw Sarah outside the Body Club.

You're right, there was. I can't show you the pic because it's not mine to share but if I get permission I'll post it. There was angle parking all the way along Stirling Road on the Body Club side and also parking outside the Body Club on the Stirling Highway side. Like a wrap around.
Thank you. Thats exactly as I remember it too including the angle parking which I hoped someone might mention specifically. I had brain fade and couldn't recall the term but I knew nose in wasnt right & 1/8th turn was getting worse.

I think the cabby missed seeing her for sure then. It makes sense to me that he pulled up there & I'll take a guess that he tricked her to come close to the car. Directions maybe, road map, interior light from inside the car to see, shes distracted and didnt see it coming. He'd have had a good view from 3 directions & of anyone pulling up at the lights from the 4th. He could pick the moment & he could make sure there was no one around when he left too. I find it too hard to contemplate what might've happened after that but I tend to hope if there was no chance of escape, he knocked them out immediately. The less time conscious, the less being terrified I think. What a despicable act!

You all should know by now I am going to question things :D

On the 3 minutes for the taxi how reliable is that and how possible would that be likely to occur? (thinking of waiting up to 20-30 minutes for a called taxi)
All I know is what Ive read in the forums but there'd be people here now that spoke to Bunnie. Check her posts here & elsewhere, she worked for the taxi co & pulled the call logs for the police. There was 2 different systems which account for the discrepancy in the reported times but shes clarified the 3mins is reliable. I think she said the cab came from Eric St in Cottesloe but Im not sure I ever saw a confirmation of her going to Mosman Park. The most recent posts I've seen seemed to indicate she meant South Perth but Im not certain of what was discussed exactly there.

I'm not actually sure Sarah even made it across Stirling Road and the witness account of seeing her standing on the corner is right? imo.
Shelly, I can't tell you how many times Ive wondered if those guys who saw her were thoroughly investigated or not. Its one thing Ive had to trust probably would've surfaced in one of the reviews if it hadn't been, but would we hear, were they still in Perth, what car were they driving, 2 people makes an alibi afterall... Yeh... I dont know!

Sarah had booked taxi to go to Wellington St Mosman Park where her friend lived. Its detailed in the Marshall book and that video they released.

If BRE was the guy in white car that offered the girl who left the Club at same time as Sarah the girl turned right from the club and Sarah turned left. The girl said no to him. He probably stalked Sarah to Stirling Rd. I read this somewhere. He might have seen Sarah chatting to the security guy outside. He may have heard her tell security guy her plan to call taxi too.

I am also sure that taxi arrived after 6 minutes.

Parking in Stirling Rd was parallel to kerb not angle.

It must be in transcrpts somewhere? I look for Rayney created loophole law.

Was it Rayney police implied was in another relationship with another man?
It appears a common trend.

Maybe the accused in the Claremont case will walk based on poor case presentation?

The trial judge, Justice Brian Martin, was highly critical of certain aspects of the original police investigation.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa...ey-murder-ng-e5968d3e019f65672c43482acfb2df36

However, Justice Brian Martin, QC, dismissed the allegation in the WA Supreme Court judge-alone trial, ending Mr Rayney's five-year ordeal to prove his innocence.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/ns...fe-corryn-ng-61ae660b4b4af1c4450212d722a21dcf

Members of the Western Australian parliament make the laws.
actually loopholes do exist.

for example lloyd rayney wrote the loophole that enabled the court decision that occurred.

I dont understand how Rayney could write a loophole as you have implied. Members of parliament make and write the laws. Was Rayney in parliament if so when? I cant find that he was so what are you trying to imply.

Impossible for him to write a loophole. Sheer nonsense.

Members of the Western Australian parliament make the laws.

I dont understand how Rayney could write a loophole as you have implied. Members of parliament make and write the laws. Was Rayney in parliament if so when? I cant find that he was so what are you trying to imply.

Impossible for him to write a loophole. Sheer nonsense.

Members of parliament pass laws, they don’t write them.

Steering committees write them which often include politicians, industry experts and lawyers.

Could you imagine if Pauline Hanson, Katter etc wrote laws?

Steering committees write them which often include politicians, industry experts and lawyers.

Now your tune is changed which is far different from what you implied that being Rayney wrote the law with loophole himself. Its not a game of twister being played.

I look forward to reading your proof.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They might just be better

I apologise it seems call to taxi was at 2.06 am and he arrived at 2.09 am or thereabouts.

arking in Stirling Rd was parallel to kerb not angle.

It looks like it was angle parking on the Body Club side in the 95 Landgate map, do you have access to that one? It's clearer than the 85? you posted but still not great so I couldn't say with complete confidence. Could you help with clarifying this?

Now your tune is changed which is far different from what you implied that being Rayney wrote the law with loophole himself. Its not a game of twister being played.

No change at all.

Rayney was the lawyer who wrote the laws on behalf of the steering committee to which he advised and participated.

This was done prior to the incident and raises question marks about what could and could not be brought forward as evidence.

It is for this reason that I suggest loopholes can exist.

Just testing waters again?

It looks like it was angle parking on the Body Club side in the 95 Landgate map, do you have access to that one? It's clearer than the 85? you posted but still not great so I couldn't say with complete confidence. Could you help with clarifying this?

Shelly I have included to shots. One taken on 6/2/1995 and the other in 1983.

I am on my work computer for larger screen. the 1995 shot is the closest date Landgate have available online. It looks like there are 2 lanes of traffic, with no parking on street. But I think there is angle parking in the Body Club carpark near the street and that is what may be confusing the issue. I included the 1983 shot because it shows the off-street angle parking clearly. Although that may have changed prior to 1996 of course.

Top one is 1995. both shots show the concrete road divider. Would it have been possible for a vehicle to do a uturn? If BRE's vehicle was the vehicle the driver of the car that contained the 3 guys observed, then did he attack and grab Sarah,turn his vehicle lights off and wait untiil the next set of lights so the guys in front couldn't see his vehicle?

Acktually was there a concrete road divider or was the road a painted barrier only. My memory is sketchy from those days, too much of a good time had me thinks.
landgate stirling rd 6 2 1995.JPG landgate stirling rd 1983.JPG

Last edited:
Hey the traffic direction in St Quentin was East > West right? If BRE was the guy that had offered a lift to the other girl (who said no) he may have parked in the Body Club angle parking area because Chatsworth that contributors have discussed here, wouldn't be accessible if there was a central-road concrete barrier and he had turned left from St Quentins. There is a break in the mid-road barrier today, but looking at the aerials I cannot see a break in either 1983 or 1995.

I suppose if the height of the mid-road barrier was normal gutter height he may have been able to do a uturn. But that poses another another point and that is was there extra raised barriers to prevent u-turning? I am sure someone here will have a better memory than me, hopefully.

Acktually was there a concrete road divider or was the road a painted barrier only. My memory is sketchy from those days, too much of a good time had me thinks.

Thanks. I'd be interested to know if that was a concrete road divider as well, suspect it could have been. There doesn't seem to be any cars right on it as they might be if it was painted? patsmith and one eyed spy might check in with a memory

The concrete barrier stops where the phone box is. Painted surface from there down.
There was no on road parking there.
Cars could turn either way out of Chatsworth and out of BC onto Stirling St but would have to go against the north/south direction of the carpark surrounding BC.
Thanks for the images Beatnicked.

Rayney was involved in several steering committees over a decade regarding the forensic process and DNA profiling for WA.

The committee had a broader multi jurisdiction input from the UK, US, canada and other Australian states.

I will seek a link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back