Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide
Assuming Vince is suspended I would go:

Out Vince (susp), Smith.

In Knights (his day has come), Mackay.

I would probably stick with Jenkins for now but am open to alternatives. He could be a weapon come the dry September action (which we should taste now).

In: Brown/Henderson
Out: Vince (susp)

We need to be able to effectively negate St Kilda's dangerous three smalls in Milne, Saad, Milera. I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Doughty or Johncock miss this match if they aren't able to successfully defend their opponent. We certainly can't stand for another 8 from the Tip-rat :eek:

Both Dogga and Stiffy performed their roles well on the weekend though. Doughty dogged with that Ballantyne free, and I thought he did a pretty good job otherwise of locking down the weasel.

Assuming Vince is suspended I would go:

Out Vince (susp), Smith.

In Knights (his day has come), Mackay.

I would probably stick with Jenkins for now but am open to alternatives. He could be a weapon come the dry September action (which we should taste now).

I'd be dirty if Smith was omitted. Played a shut-down role on a few different players and was deep within our defence most of the game. His poor disposal count was a product of this IMO.

Harper said if it wasn't Stiffy as the sub it would have been Smith. So unless Stiffy takes Smiths role in defence, I can see Stiffy missing out and give a full game in the SANFL.

We are screwing with one of our best defenders, and that's a shame.

I would be upset if we dropped Smith, he's coming along nicely. Might not get huge performances out of him this year... but next year he'll improve to a level like Sloane and Danger have. We only drop him if he is carrying an injury imo.

Are we allowed to drop guys back to the SANFL this week or is there a rule in place stopping it?

Douglas could probably use a run in the SANFL to keep building match fitness. Callinan too ;).

Tough one.

I'd love to get another look at Knighta. From some of the discussion in the SANFL thread he may have refound his leg? I want to hear another repeat performance of that output and knowing his long kicking and explosive pace is back and then.. straight back in. FIND a place for him. Need to see if he can get back to his best at AFL level. What a dimension that would add to the forward line!

I'll assume he has another great game next week....

In: Knights
Out: shit this is getting hard... I'd personally go Dougie.. but the selectors won't, so I'm stumped.

I guess that's why most are thinking Vince is gone.. so they don't have to make hard decisions ;)

Could be a good time for the General to visit Doughty. Give him 2 weeks off and make sure he's cherry ripe for the end of the year. Possibly Callinan too for the same reason.

Smith stays. Dougie stays.

Bring back MacKay and maybe give Knights or Symes a run. If they can't crack the side by this time of the year it's not looking good for them....

Knights does not deserve a chance after one good week. He needs to pull his finger out and do it for a while. He may have runs on the board but that was a while ago now. He needs to have a string of form like Martin or Lyon did or wait for someone's form to drop.

From what I watched of the Eagles game he wasnt standing out as about SANFL level, the goal into the wind from 50 was good tho.

Are we allowed to drop guys back to the SANFL this week or is there a rule in place stopping it?
I think we have to apply for permission from the AFL. Not sure how it works exactly but if there are mitigating circumstances, such as a player was a late inclusion last week or has been coming back from injury then they are a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cap why are your posts doubling up lately, do you have a stutter or are you really trying to ram home your point?

Brodie Martin was BOG for the double blues yesterday, its easy to forget how much of a gun this bloke will be, looks like he has the confidence in his knee back.

I think if Vince doesnt get suspended, he will get dropped as well as Smith.

Martin and Knights or maybe Riley in for those 2.

If Bernie gets rubbed out, one of Mackay (if fit), Martin or Brown

if not rubbed out - no change

Smith will be needed for St Kilda small forward line Milne/Saad/Milera

Brodie Martin was BOG for the double blues yesterday, its easy to forget how much of a gun this bloke will be, looks like he has the confidence in his knee back.

I think if Vince doesnt get suspended, he will get dropped as well as Smith.

Martin and Knights or maybe Riley in for those 2.

clearly bias. he had 18 possessions, and was no where near BOG. Mcintyre had 16 and kicked 5. Clearly you have an agenda to say he was BOG. and Riley had 20 possession and 11 clearances.

soon youll be saying Lyons was BOG for Glenelg with 17, while Lynch had 33 possessions, 11 marks, 7 clearances. dumb

In: Mckay, Lynch
Out Johncock (or vince if suspended), Jenkins

Brodie Martin, Aidan Riley, Brad Symes will not play against Stkilda. You can argue all you want, but there not going to play.

I'd forgotten about Mackay, definitely first 22 when fit. How do we fit him in though?

clearly bias. he had 18 possessions, and was no where near BOG. Mcintyre had 16 and kicked 5. Clearly you have an agenda to say he was BOG. and Riley had 20 possession and 11 clearances.

soon youll be saying Lyons was BOG for Glenelg with 17, while Lynch had 33 possessions, 11 marks, 7 clearances. dumb

He was BOG in the Advertiser.. Got 3 votes in the Merv Agars...

David Mackay if fit, an absolute must, loving the "grunt" he has added to his game under Sando, a very important player to us going forward.

IN: Mackay
OUT: Smith

** Assumes Vince is cleared. It's possible the MRP may take this one out of the selectors' hands, in which case a simple Mackay<-->Vince swap is on the cards. I'm betting against that possibility.

Mackay is an automatic inclusion when fit - and he should be, given that was (apparently) only a minor injury and he'll have 2 weeks to get over it.

Smith is desperately unlucky, but frankly, I just don't see any other alternatives. Johncock & Porps have both been under-performing of late, but should have enough brownie points in the bank to avoid being dropped this week. Jaensch was largely anonymous on Saturday, so his name may come up in selection discussions... maybe. Jenkins is the only other possible candidate, but would they drop a tall for a small yet again? I'm not sure.

Doughty and Pizza Boy have their haters, but there's no chance - none, nada, zilch, zip - that either of them will get dropped. Doughty has done nothing wrong since the H&A season started and the only reason why anyone would consider dropping him is due to age bias. That's foolish and immature thinking. Thankfully the selectors aren't foolish and immature. Douglas had a very good first half, before fading in the 2nd as fatigue set in. That's exactly what the selectors & coaching staff would have been expecting, given how little footy he's played this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back