Preview Changes V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

One day I opened a packet of BBQ Shapes and the bottom inch of the packet was filled with the seasoning bits. Something must have gone apeshit with that production run.

Was up there with my wedding day and birth of my kids as the greatest day in my life.

Anyway, the selections suck. Sholl is ass. Bring in Peds and just play him in the middle ffs

Last week's win was the worst thing that could have happened.
Nicks and his Merry Men have reverted straight back to arrogant mode, thinking their decisions around selection and game style last week were amazing.

This inability to debut any player whatsoever (in what is clearly still a year where we should be nurturing young talent) might be the the single most annoying thing I’ve seen from this club in a few years

And that’s saying a lot
No debut yet is really frustrating.

Last week's win was the worst thing that could have happened.
Nicks and his Merry Men have reverted straight back to arrogant mode, thinking their decisions around selection and game style last week were amazing.

he may even get away with it against Essendon.

I feel the Crows squad as a whole, has the ability to play some of the most exciting football in the comp. But it looks like Nicks is trying to choke games to death and hope to be the one standing at the end. its hard to argue against the body of evidence we have seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most frustrating part of this season is our insistence on dropping and then recalling the same players over and over again. Sholl in and out like a yoyo, Butts and Borlase just trading spots every other week, Gollant in then out then in again, Berry in then out then sub.

It's only round six! How have we managed to make this a trend so quickly? I'm fully expecting Pedlar to come back in next week and then go out again two weeks later. Murphy will come back from injury only to get dropped and then recalled, probably trading places with McHenry. Burgess will probably come back to replace Gollant soon.

It is hard enough for us as supporters to remain positive about this club with some of selections but how does it feel for talented kids that have trained hard and shown the skills to peform as a a AFL footballer feel watching no talents like McHenry get picked week in week out.
How could anyone pick Ned this week as clearly shown not up to AFL standard in any facet then play the worst possible game only beaten by Hamptons effort years ago .
Seriously the dropped marks .the miss from 25 out ,the over runs , the missed tackles and allowing players to run past you as not there , and of course lets not forget finally getting one of his big 23 metre kicks out of D straight to Carlton player for a goal .
Hell should have been charged with putting game in disrepute for attempting to throwi a game.

Hopefully the early NRL game doesn't go to golden point.
Sport24 is timed for the AFL coverage to start at 1/4 at the moment.

Do I pull an allnighter, or do I go to bed early and wake up at 1am

The most frustrating part of this season is our insistence on dropping and then recalling the same players over and over again. Sholl in and out like a yoyo, Butts and Borlase just trading spots every other week, Gollant in then out then in again, Berry in then out then sub.

It's only round six! How have we managed to make this a trend so quickly? I'm fully expecting Pedlar to come back in next week and then go out again two weeks later. Murphy will come back from injury only to get dropped and then recalled, probably trading places with McHenry. Burgess will probably come back to replace Gollant soon.

100%.

We have a bunch of players out of contract at the end of the year - Gollant, Hamill, Sholl, Cook, Parnell, Berry, Borlase, McHenry.

It does nobody any good to yo - yo these players. Either pickem for a bunch of games and make a decision or dont play em and cut em.

Honestly sick of the hate towards Ned.

He has 2 roles which he plays where he's great.

Sub - He's a high energy individual, which is amazing coming off the bench. As others are fatiguing, he can come on and run everyone off their legs. We saw it vs Collingwood last year where he had 16 touches in a half. And we saw it vs St Kilda where he had 13 touches and a goal in a quarter.

What we got from Berry on the weekend was no different then what we've seen from McHenry as the sub. Infact, McHenry has been more consistent than Soligo/Berry/Pedlar who have all played as the sub in past seasons. Those 3 are confidence players (Along with others like O'Brien/Gollant/Fogarty/Thilthorpe), while McHenry is a terrier. Give those 3 confidence with the start, back them in, and if and only if they can't get into the game (Which we've seen here and there) you then bring in McHenry. You know what you'll get when you input that energy in the 3rd or 4th quarter. And it's an asset.

But, if we are to play him from the start, the only role that works for him is a FP who doesn't go beyond 75m out from goal. There is no other player in our team since Tom Lynch left who I trust more with ball in hand 60-75m out for that final i50 kick. He doesn't blaze away to the top of the square. He lowers his eyes and hits up a good lead to 40m out.

McHenry in one way is a massive bust. For a first round pick to be relegated to role player? Embarrassing, this is what you expect from a 3rd round or rookie pick. However, he has those 2 above roles (impact sub/final i50 kick) which play to his strengths and make the team better, and could very well be the cream on top which takes a team from a challenger to a premiership winning team.

You don't build a team around him, but if you're pushing for finals, or higher. You keep them, because he is the type of player which will take you further.

Having said that, shoehorning him into the Murphy role rn is a disaster. Maybe Nicks can just eradicate that role cause whoever plays it is destined for a near statless game with no opportunity to work into the game and actually do anything offensively.

It is hard enough for us as supporters to remain positive about this club with some of selections but how does it feel for talented kids that have trained hard and shown the skills to peform as a a AFL footballer feel watching no talents like McHenry get picked week in week out.
How could anyone pick Ned this week as clearly shown not up to AFL standard in any facet then play the worst possible game only beaten by Hamptons effort years ago .
Seriously the dropped marks .the miss from 25 out ,the over runs , the missed tackles and allowing players to run past you as not there , and of course lets not forget finally getting one of his big 23 metre kicks out of D straight to Carlton player for a goal .
Hell should have been charged with putting game in disrepute for attempting to throwi a game.
We would lose nothing by playing Dowling at this point. At least he's in form at the lower level. McHenry just played the worst game I've ever seen from a Crows player and he still remains.
Unbelievable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back