Review Cats down Doggies by 4 points to go 4-0

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone else get nervous every time Kolo and SDK kick after a mark. I swear between the two of them they always kick it into the man on the mark at least once every game. Drives me insane.
100 yes for SDK… I do not want him kicking the ball at all.

Hate it when they chip it to him in the back pocket.

He doesn’t get back far enough off the mark and is so slow at getting boot to ball that he looks like he could get smothered at any time.

Top defensive game by him though which is good news.

Didn’t love his pathetic effort that led to their last goal. FFS he lacks intensity.

Cannot agree with that. Nothing more than a solid CM from a key forward. Was a good kick to the advantage of the forward.

Cannot agree with that. Nothing more than a solid CM from a key forward. Was a good kick to the advantage of the forward.

Zero intensity from him. A worrying hallmark for the past two seasons.

I'd consider resting blicavs next week. Then you can play Stanley and Conway.
I won’t be shocked to see Conway and Stanley next week.

Also Hawk out for Neale.

I think Clark could handle a week off but maybe we play him against a young North midfield next week and then maybe Danger returns after that and Clark might slide back to the VFL or sub.

Tommy would pass Joel's games record down in Geelong if he plays the next 5 games. If he gets rested he would be doing it up at the Gold Coast. I know the coaches won't care cause they do what's best for the team but would be cool him getting to 356 at home.

I don't if coaches etc think about that .
He looked cooked bugged big week last week travel etc ...

Phew!
Deep breath.
After that, consider the midfield battle of Bont, Libba, Treloar and co. Vs Bruhn, Bowes, Parfitt and Clark.

On paper we would be very nervous but to get a win is absolutely fantastic. Libba was unreal and we prob need to nullify that in future but got away with it.

Cameron was brilliant and Stengle was great early.

4-0 to start the season, absolutely take it and run with limited injuries.

Tommy would pass Joel's games record down in Geelong if he plays the next 5 games. If he gets rested he would be doing it up at the Gold Coast. I know the coaches won't care cause they do what's best for the team but would be cool him getting to 356 at home.

We dont play on the Gold Coast this season

Five day turn around not a good idea for the big guy.
He certainly didn't exert himself, he would have been well rested by the end of the game. Geelong won in spite of his lack of effort. He'd be aware of how bad it looks and will bounce back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zero intensity from him. A worrying hallmark for the past two seasons.
You're picking a weird hill to die on.

He's been a little down since the face injury granted, but you're hellbent on pillorying him for everything.
He gave Naughton a bath. Bubble bath with rubber duckies.

Henry and Stanley had golden opportunities to ice the game and didn't.
His opponent took a CM on the wing, after we had 30 seconds to set up from a shot at goal.

Hanging him out to dry over very minor issue. Williams being able to mark 30m out a far bigger error.

Dempsey might be my new fave player.

The kid is a lock to be an absolute gun in a couple of years.

His step and fast twitch sideway movement is such a weapon and he runs all day deep back to deep forward + takes hangers + kicks goals + sets up goals and he is just executing the correct play when he gets the ball.

The kid is no longer a fringe player in my eyes.

Does anyone else get nervous every time Kolo and SDK kick after a mark. I swear between the two of them they always kick it into the man on the mark at least once every game. Drives me insane.
Yep, they have zero awareness of where the man on the mark is. Kolo takes so long to get his foot to the ball.

Didn’t love his pathetic effort that led to their last goal. FFS he lacks intensity.
As much as I hate to say it, I agree here. Not sure whether he is lacking confidence but he is a shadow of the player was looking to become in 2022.

Last couple of weeks he has at least taken a couple of intercepts which can bring back that confidence but just needs a bit more.

He is young and I will back him in.

His step and fast twitch sideway movement is such a weapon and he runs all day deep back to deep forward + takes hangers + kicks goals + sets up goals and he is just executing the correct play when he gets the ball.

Before the practice games I thought he would be straight out for Chucky when he is healthy or maybe the sub.
But he has 100% locked in his spot in the side.

Never on the fringe again.

Get him to 100 games ASAP. He'll be an AA by then.

And right after the commentators talked Kolo up too!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back