Autopsy Cats lose to Port by 6 points after being down by 10 goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Very disappointing effort from pretty much everyone.

Got on their bike after 1/2 time but you cant go down 10 goals and expect to come back.

Stanley was horrible and subbed out.

Stengle, Atkins, Mullin, Zuthrie were really good.

Rest were suspect.

Midfield is a massive issue.

Im off to bed.

GO Catters

49 points down when Stanley was subbed off a quarter and a half into the contest, and we got back within a kick.

Hopefully this was the last time we see him in the AFL. If Conway's not fit, just put Blicavs in the ruck.

Arrogance at selection. Port with a good midfield and Bowes is rested for a game next week and we throw away 4 points this weekend.

This should be Stanley's last game for the club.

Lastly, catempire never ever @ me again about Parfitt. Papers are stamped. VFL player.

Oh my lord.
Of course I wanted the cats to win.

But when port were up 40 I thought we'd come back AND lock down.
The lockdown did not happen.

$200 port under 39
$200 total score under 201.

Last 5 minutes were a nightmare.

Do I care about cash? Do I care about a win?
I decided cash.

49 points down when Stanley was subbed off, and we got back within a kick.

Hopefully this was the last time we see him in the AFL. If Conway's not fit, just put Blicavs in the ruck.

My preferred set up now is blitz to ruck, neale the chop out, Hawk and Stanley working the farm

Not gonna win many going 49 points down.

On Mullin, if/when he goes back to VFL he needs to be played permanently on ball. He's got the apetite for the contest and can be better than just a lockdown defender. You can see why they want to fast-track his development after tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

49 points down when Stanley was subbed off a quarter and a half into the contest, and we got back within a kick.

Wasn't just Stanley that needed to extract a few digits in the first 2/3rds of the game.......

Those types of losses hurt more than getting smashed by 20-30.... Gives you hope and then doesn't happen... Completely different team after Stanley got dragged - why are we still having to argue about his inclusion in the team...
its a tease… but you very rarely win coming from behind that far.

99.9% of the time you just fall short.

I honestly don’t know if skilled stadium suits our new gameplan either

Oh my lord.
Of course I wanted the cats to win.

But when port were up 40 I thought we'd come back AND lock down.
The lockdown did not happen.

$200 port under 39
$200 total score under 201.

Last 5 minutes were a nightmare.

Do I care about cash? Do I care about a win?
I decided cash.
wow so sad

On Mullin, if/when he goes back to VFL he needs to be played permanently on ball. He's got the apetite for the contest and can be better than just a lockdown defender.

I kinda like him as a tagger. You know his opponent will drag him to the ball, and if Mullin gets it his pace can be really effective.

Anyone that says we came home well will make me spew.

Tonight we were an embarrassment to all involved. You do not get beaten by that much in the first quarter at home. On tonight’s effort, we are miles off the pace and were beaten all over the ground.

We did not win in one position except Zac and Mullin and he was the sub.

We were simply CRAP tonight and they should be embarrassed. Port went hard and quick. That is the way to beat Geelong. The issue is last week we were beaten by a team that broke our system down playing a chipping game. Two different game styles and 2 losses. Very unusual

Last edited:
Well done port. They were hot right from the start, the cats were totally off the boil but somehow managed to scrape to a narrow loss. Port also had large doses of luck and the cats had equal share of bad luck (poor skills perhaps?)

It’s a shame there has to be a dodgy umpire call at the end to make it controversial.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back