List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently Rowan Marshall doesn't like the culture at the club and has been considering leaving since the North game. Source is a bit suspect so take it with a grain of salt but just putting it out there. Big watch
Would be worth early first and late first or early second imo, should have been AA last year, great player but I wouldn’t lose sleep if he left

We are talking losing Marshall, Steele and Battle possibly Howard too. I'm reckoning I'd call that a bottom out. We are competitive without injury. I would think we'd be bottom 4 for a sustained period if we start culling senior players.
We are talking about Battle and to an extent Marshall.

Can’t see anymore of what we would consider our best players. I can’t even see Marshall

We are talking about Battle and to an extent Marshall.

Can’t see anymore of what we would consider our best players. I can’t even see Marshall

I don't really give a **** any more. We are going to do what we always do anyway. Trading away our future to gamble on the draft that we inevitably **** up seems our fate.

I don't really give a ** any more. We are going to do what we always do anyway. Trading away our future to gamble on the draft that we inevitably ** up seems our fate.
Wouldn’t that be trading away our present to gamble on a future?

Only Saints fans would fill there time in bye round talking about hypotheticals with selling off their only capable ruck.

After 14 rounds of footy, here we are back throwing out the baby with the bath water. Apparently we need to sack SOS after 1 trade period lol.

If premierships were won off self destruct we’d have a full cabinet
It's absolutely incredible LC.

We had a awesome break last season from this rather disturbing past time......tea leaves.....Tarot cards.....a vison from the sky.....a friend who's Auntie's butcher knows so and so.....I could go on and on.....but I won't.

And now the Ro "whispers in a phone box"

Words fail me........

Oh how I wish we were tearing it up this year.

Sigh.........

I don't really give a ** any more. We are going to do what we always do anyway. Trading away our future to gamble on the draft that we inevitably ** up seems our fate.
Calm the farm there gringo.

If worst comes to absolute worst(and I'm tipping it won't).......I'll march next to you to Rsea Park with pitchfork and fire torch in hand.

Strength in numbers !!!!!!!!

steel roma battle out lol

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

5 first round draft picks

Interested Thinking GIF by reactionseditor

Swamp People GIF by DefyTV

We are talking losing Marshall, Steele and Battle possibly Howard too. I'm reckoning I'd call that a bottom out.
Who is talking about Marshall and Steele and Howard? Only people on Facebook or who know nothing.
Getting worried about these farcical proposals is jumping at shadows. Marshall is going nowhere, same with Steele and nothing has been mentioned about Howard who is having his best season.

Only possibility is Battle and that is a bit out of our hands if he is UFA.

To call it bottoming out by losing possibly one backman is nothing more than fear mongering.

Nothing remotely like that is happening. Might as well say we are also trading Wilkie, NAZ, Higgins and King as well.

We are talking losing Marshall, Steele and Battle possibly Howard too. I'm reckoning I'd call that a bottom out. We are competitive without injury. I would think we'd be bottom 4 for a sustained period if we start culling senior players.

So, to put this into context, the only one of those players that there’s been any verified talk of leaving the club is Battle.

So, you’re going to base your belief of a full rebuild or “bottom out” on Battle potentially leaving, and a few murmurs here and there? Doesn’t take much to push you off over the edge Gringo we sure are a funny bunch.

I think the club’s been quite consistent that they’re trying to regenerate youth into the list so it can deliver sustained success. No need to throw the baby out.

So, to put this into context, the only one of those players that there’s been any verified talk of leaving the club is Battle.

So, you’re going to base your belief of a full rebuild or “bottom out” on Battle potentially leaving, and a few murmurs here and there? Doesn’t take much to push you off over the edge Gringo we sure are a funny bunch.

I think the club’s been quite consistent that they’re trying to regenerate youth into the list so it can deliver sustained success. No need to throw the baby out.
To be fair to Gringo. Marshall has had talk in the last 2 weeks

And Howard has clearly been looking around and we are perfectly fine with that.

But there is nuances and flexes in this entire thing that prevent it from even being in the ball park of a tear down rebuild

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every year for a decade+ we've done this same shit. You doing your positivity-warrior fanboy chest beating. Me pointing out the next dumb thing we are going to do. So far every year we seem to **** up more than we fix and you still go again. That's probably admirable.

Every year for a decade+ we've done this same shit. You doing your positivity-warrior fanboy chest beating. Me pointing out the next dumb thing we are going to do. So far every year we seem to **** up more than we fix and you still go again. That's probably admirable.
GIF by VH1

I know there is no hope, I just find it amusing how you go off the deep end on the tiniest rumour and turn it into full blown fact.

It is very amusing. About a week before Ratten was sacked, I had cancelled my membership as I could see no hope. The appointment of Lyon gave me hope.

This year I have been to one game. the AFL with their F/S and NGA's and favouritism in the FIXture has just about killed my enjoyment of St.Kilda games, would much rather go to Sandy games or training of the list.

Unless there are drastic changes at year end to the quality of the list, I will cancel my membership again. I am retired and can't justify paying my $700 a year when the team is not allowed to compete for the quality in the draft and then is punished by a FIXture that rewards the same teams that get the free NGA's and F/S.

I am a member of the MCC and prefer to watch neutral games as I know the AFL will never allow us to compete. Can get a 3 game Saints pass from them any way.

It is endearing you think there is a meritocracy in AFL and the lack of good players is all he clubs fault. The prosecution of the same old arguments of ten years ago (Billings over Bont, McCartin over Petracca, which I was against) etc is so irrelevant to today's club and situation.

I must admit I admire that you still have a passion for the club that allows you to go off on these rants. You obviously still care which is a good thing in a way. I can't get enthused about our list, and what we are allowed to potentially draft as the AFL have made it clear we are the Washington Generals.

As soon as you come to the realization you are being taken for a fool by the AFL, you will stop being so angst ridden about the Saints.

Cheers Gringo, happy rants mate ;)

Last edited:
To be fair to Gringo. Marshall has had talk in the last 2 weeks

And Howard has clearly been looking around and we are perfectly fine with that.

But there is nuances and flexes in this entire thing that prevent it from even being in the ball park of a tear down rebuild

We might not bottom out but when the positivity is trading good players away and getting Butts and Thomlison in instead. It all sounds as inspiring as Ross Lyon's game plan. The one draft we go balls deep into is the most average one in ages.

It is mid season and we have a significant number of players coming out of contract. Does anybody know whether SOS et al are working feverishly behind the scenes to sign a few up.

It is mid season and we have a significant number of players coming out of contract. Does anybody know whether SOS et al are working feverishly behind the scenes to sign a few up.
Battle, Hill, Webster, Butler are all in talks. So it seems all the guys who are best 22 and are certain to hold at the club have opened discussions. Guys on the fringe will be a bit later

We might not bottom out but when the positivity is trading good players away and getting Butts and Thomlison in instead. It all sounds as inspiring as Ross Lyon's game plan. The one draft we go balls deep into is the most average one in ages.
Why do you spiral so much?

Unpack everything you are moaning about and apply a realistic and factual lens

Battle: no control over what he does - but it could mean we effectively get value over his actual market worth.

Marshall: on the off chance Cleary and that monkey McClure are correct. He is contracted until 2027. Which club has picks and or young players to do a deal?

The list is so small that chances are you would be happy with the outcome.

Howard: is as dog shit as Butts and Tomlinson. Except - he is paid significantly more.

just relax

Remove this Banner Ad

Back