List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Fix up those couple of small things from the Pies, Demons and West Coast game and we could have had 6 this year.

I don't see 5-6 wins next year as an unachievable "miraculous turnaround" lol. We'll easily get there and more.

There are some on here are just doom and gloom. Your positivity is a refreshing change and personally not unrealistic. I don't think the comp is overly strong at the moment maybe syd and maybe bris, but port they lose a couple of guns and they look average... Geelong lost their way without Holmes... hawthorn showed it easy to move up... couple of smart mature acquisitions in Chol and ginni then further dev in some of their kids... Meek made similar huge progress to X

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Now that would be really crazy and would just about cost your F1
just wait another season and he is a free agent

Yes maybe a free agent but then he is also open to every other club too.... some of which are also throwing big money around eg saints

Fix up those couple of small things from the Pies, Demons and West Coast game and we could have had 6 this year.

I don't see 5-6 wins next year as an unachievable "miraculous turnaround" lol. We'll easily get there and more.

We also fell over the line against WC the first time after losing the lead and got extremely lucky against GC with an easy miss.

The point is "what if's" don't matter at the end of the day and our recent history says we struggle to win games of football, so to double our win tally in a single year is a more unlikely scenario than not.

The crazy part is the rumour we are trying this year mate.
I have no idea If it's true.
Doubt it tbh
While Houston would release McKercher to a wing, I would rather do Balter this year.

With 2,21, F1 and the smorgasbord of Richmond picks on the table, I’m sure a fair deal could be struck with picks going either way to balance the ledger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were saying the exact same thing 12 months ago

While Houston would release McKercher to a wing, I would rather do Balter this year.

With 2,21, F1 and the smorgasbord of Richmond picks on the table, I’m sure a fair deal could be struck with picks going either way to balance the ledger.
They probably owe us with all the gifts we have handed them lately.

If we are that keen on getting Balta this year then maybe we see what they shake from the tree with their Baker, Bolton and Rioli deals and give them 2 and get Balta and a later first rounder?

I don’t get the argument that if we don’t get him this year we won’t get him as a free agent. If he wants to go to somewhere else as a free agent, why come to us this year?

I’d probably wait the year and put our best pitch forward under FA, but if we could get a first round pick that gets us someone that we have on our board early, then who knows?

Balta certainly starts to address the flexibility we don’t have with key position players. Like Comben he can go both forward and back.

I'd love him.
He would jump us 2 or 3 years forward in kpp development.
The price would be very high though.
I doubt we'd get any change from either 2 or our f1st

They probably owe us with all the gifts we have handed them lately.

If we are that keen on getting Balta this year then maybe we see what they shake from the tree with their Baker, Bolton and Rioli deals and give them 2 and get Balta and a later first rounder?

I don’t get the argument that if we don’t get him this year we won’t get him as a free agent. If he wants to go to somewhere else as a free agent, why come to us this year?

I’d probably wait the year and put our best pitch forward under FA, but if we could get a first round pick that gets us someone that we have on our board early, then who knows?

Balta certainly starts to address the flexibility we don’t have with key position players. Like Comben he can go both forward and back.
Not sure why Richmond would do that

Keep Balta another year on a cheap contract and let him go next year to get pick #2 and get Sharp & Ludowyke
I would highly doubt there would be anything going back for #2 as thats almost guaranteed in 2025

Now that would be really crazy and would just about cost your F1
just wait another season and he is a free agent

I’m not advocating we go after him this year, but we do run the risk of competing with a bunch of other clubs next year. We also get a type we desperately need a year earlier and can help us improve.

Much rather give up a F1 for Balta over Houston.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back