List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s hope he doesn’t speak to Jeremy Cameron….
Other than my north bias, I can't figure why he'd stay.

Unless we blossom like all heck in 2025 he'll be staring down the barrel of his peak years going down the toilet.

Now there are some amazing committed club players who would still stick around and do all they could regardless. But they're few and far between.

Other than my north bias, I can't figure why he'd stay.

Unless we blossom like all heck in 2025 he'll be staring down the barrel of his peak years going down the toilet.

Now there are some amazing committed club players who would still stick around and do all they could regardless. But they're few and far between.
Bob Skilton played one final in his hall of fame career.

Now that’s loyalty.

Players these days aren’t cut from the same cloth unfortunately.

Now that’s loyalty.

We all s**t on him but Nick Riewoldt stuck it out pretty well post their stronger period.

More uncomfortably Todd Goldstein seemed happy to stay at the club as long as we wanted him.

But we preferred the idea of losing his craft and chasing some experienced inferior rucks from elsewhere.

Now that’s loyalty.

Robbie Flower at Melbourne is another champion one club player, who had to wait till his final season to play his first final. The players these days are not made of the same fibre.

We all s**t on him but Nick Riewoldt stuck it out pretty well post their stronger period.

More uncomfortably Todd Goldstein seemed happy to stay at the club as long as we wanted him.

But we preferred the idea of losing his craft and chasing some experienced inferior rucks from elsewhere.
The ability of the club to make the wrong choice at every turn is a magical thing.

Todd turns 36 in July. I'm glad we don't have a 36 year old Todd Goldstein on our list. WTF would be the point. I highly doubt his three kicks a game or his six handballs or his 2 marks a match would change the fact we are 0/8. As in we'd still be 0/8.

if he was putting up those numbers for us, the media would be calling for his head. And rightly so.

Goldy 1.7 tackles Xerri 7.7 tackles. I know who I'd rather have on our list. Most pundits are happy with how Xerri is developing sub 50 games, but not on the BFNMFC board, it seems Xerri is part of the problem.

Whereas i see Xerri as part of the solution, just the solution will take a bit and won't be complete until the likes of CCJ and Stephenson are ****ed off.

Was he going to be happy playing 2's all year? Unless he was going to play CHF, probably where it was headed.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Todd turns 36 in July. I'm glad we don't have a 36 year old Todd Goldstein on our list. WTF would be the point. I highly doubt his three kicks a game or his six handballs or his 2 marks a match would change the fact we are 0/8. As in we'd still be 0/8.

if he was putting up those numbers for us, the media would be calling for his head. And rightly so.

Goldy 1.7 tackles Xerri 7.7 tackles. I know who I'd rather have on our list. Most pundits are happy with how Xerri is developing sub 50 games, but not on the BFNMFC board, it seems Xerri is part of the problem.

Whereas i see Xerri as part of the solution, just the solution will take a bit and won't be complete until the likes of CCJ and Stephenson are ****ed off.
I'm not massive fan of x's delivery to our mids but he's doing well for his first year as ruck.
He's fine. Getting good stats.
He will improve like most of our list.

I think running a competent, experienced North Melbourne person as a rotation with Xerri wouldn't have irrevocably robbed Xerri of development and would be helped our side experience some positive feedback in terms of actually winning games.

I didn't realise tackles were the key metric for tap ruckmen.

We are suffering from discarding competent "elders" every year from 2016 for bunches of shitmen. I still believe your youth develop better with quality experience around them.

I wonder what LDU, Wardlaw, Powell even Phillips years would look like in terms of development and output with Goldstein taking turns hitting it to them vs Xerri's current statistically impressive front rower impersonation?

The ability of the club to make the wrong choice at every turn is a magical thing.

In the last 4-5 years of building a list - think sheez and probably logue are our only good bits of work.
Not counting warlord as he’s just Judas replacement.

So many missteps when we should be swimming in a talent laden team with just a few holes to fill.
Instead we’ve got a tick in about 10 spots and probably half of them are on potential still.

We need to get Parker - offer him whatever he wants. He’s a rolled gold leader and take no prisoners player
Second player I’d target is Hardwick from the dawks , he’s a real general back there and hardly ever gets beaten. Great decision maker as well.

Next I’d look for a nature kpf that can take some heat off Souva - doesn’t have to be a superstar, just a competent player.

Logue and goater with full years - will make our back 6 much better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the last 4-5 years of building a list - think sheez and probably logue are our only good bits of work.

So many missteps when we should be swimming in a talent laden team with just a few holes to fill.
Instead we’ve got a tick in about 10 spots and probably half of them are on potential still.

We need to get Parker - offer him whatever he wants. He’s a rolled gold leader and take no prisoners player
Second player I’d target is Hardwick from the dawks , he’s a real general back there and hardly ever gets beaten. Great decision maker as well.

Next I’d look for a nature kpf that can take some heat off Souva - doesn’t have to be a superstar, just a competent player.

So Goater not a misstep then, you said only Sheez and Logue?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Throwing youngest to the wolves is what Melbourne did for years and burned a generation of young players.
We need three experienced players to come in a provide the leadership we are so desperately missing.

The 3 experienced players are not random as they are a stepping platform for the futre and here lies the problem, we don't know who they are and we don't know if those we want are suitable.

So Goater not a misstep then, you said only Sheez and Logue?

There's missteps everywhere. It's why we're into year 2 of rebuild 3.0.

We're actually trying to build some foundations this time.

I think running a competent, experienced North Melbourne person as a rotation with Xerri wouldn't have irrevocably robbed Xerri of development and would be helped our side experience some positive feedback in terms of actually winning games.

I didn't realise tackles were the key metric for tap ruckmen.

We are suffering from discarding competent "elders" every year from 2016 for bunches of shitmen. I still believe your youth develop better with quality experience around them.

I wonder what LDU, Wardlaw, Powell even Phillips years would look like in terms of development and output with Goldstein taking turns hitting it to them vs Xerri's current statistically impressive front rower impersonation?
Was Goldstein interested in being second fiddle to Xerri?

About the josh battle rumour, i just read that saints are in talk of a longterm deal...

There goes that thread...

Wines must be our prime target, bloke has 4 good seasons in him. Tempt him with the offer of immediate captaincy. Sell him the idea of 'you could be the bloke that dug this club out of its hole'. He's the bull we need. Wants to be the big banana in the midfield - isnt that at Port. Possibly at the expense of a high-ish pick. 2nd and/or future 2nd rounder.

Luke Parker we could get cheaply. Seemingly unwanted by Sydney, a straight swap for Zurhaar would almost be enough. Would offer amazing leadership and like Wines, might be tempted by the fact he could steer us to the light. Class operator in the forward half.

Josh Battle is a restricted free agent. Wont cost us trade wise. Make him an irresistable offer. Sell it as being part of an exciting attacking team, as opposed to Ross Lyon sh*ttery. Logue, Battle and Goater led backline. Can be thrown forward too.

Rory Lobb we could wrench away for a future 4th. Seen enough of his to suggest he's a bloke who'd have a big impact at North.

Errr saints are currently starting negotiation with his management for a longterm deal...

About the josh battle rumour, i just read that saints are in talk of a longterm deal...

There goes that thread...

What you thought the Saints werent going to put an offer to him? Of course they were as he is in their best 22 and wouldn't want to lose him... it's all about how close they can get to apparent external offers

Paul Curtis goes well.
Wardlaw was a great swap for JHF bailing.
Powell is a good player.
Duursma, McKercher, Comben, Goater, Ford all look like they will be good pickups, in time, and have shown a bit at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back