List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt Richmond would go for that.
There pretty much guaranteed pick 2 next year. Our f1 is already a chance to be worse than that. I doubt they would hand over a f2 as well.
I can see offers of $1.3 mil x 6 years coming for Balta next year and if Balta can be convinced to leave Rich ond would allow it to go throw with the #2 compo

If it was to get done this year i couldnt imagine anything apart from your 2024 #2 without anything going back to get that done. But id be certain Richmond would be thinking play him another year and take #2 and either Dyson/Ludowyke with that pick in 2025. I love Balta but i think that combination along with our haul this year would just about complete all pieces of the rebuild and hunt for a free agent /s in 2026

Not sure why Richmond would do that

Keep Balta another year on a cheap contract and let him go next year to get pick #2 and get Sharp & Ludowyke
I would highly doubt there would be anything going back for #2 as thats almost guaranteed in 2025
I can’t see North giving up straight Pick 2 for Balta.

I don’t see how a deal gets done this year as effectively a club will pick him up for cap space and Richmond will most likely get Pick 2 in 2025.

Who knows maybe Yze thinks this year was an outlier and you won’t finish bottom next year or they have 2 specific players at 1 and 2 that they want to get into the system this year instead of a year later?

Maybe they have eyes on a Free Agent next year that would dilute that compo?

As good as Balta is, if we have up Pick 2 with nothing coming back then that would be negligent.

At the end of the day Richmond hold the cards, so I honestly think he plays there next year and if he moves, it’s as a Free Agent.

I’d do F1> Balta+Richmond F2.
Same.

I still think Richmond hold knowing he will most likely nett them Band 1 next year.

That all changes if they have a Free Agent in mind next year that potentially dilutes any Balta compo, but in that case they probably just trade for the FA.

I just don’t see how it gets done this year, but totally agree that getting a player like Balta into our system this year is worth it at the right price.

Same.

I still think Richmond hold knowing he will most likely nett them Band 1 next year.

That all changes if they have a Free Agent in mind next year that potentially dilutes any Balta compo, but in that case they probably just trade for the FA.

I just don’t see how it gets done this year, but totally agree that getting a player like Balta into our system this year is worth it at the right price.
I would doubt we have a free agent next year but if we did then we match what ever offer Balta gets to keep him

I would doubt we have a free agent next year but if we did then we match what ever offer Balta gets to keep him
Most clubs will puff the chest out, but if the player wants to leave then usually something gets done.

I haven’t even heard that Balta wants out of Richmond, so I don’t even know if this is pure fantasy stuff or there is some kind of inside chatter?

Most clubs will puff the chest out, but if the player wants to leave then usually something gets done.

I haven’t even heard that Balta wants out of Richmond, so I don’t even know if this is pure fantasy stuff or there is some kind of inside chatter?
Its all chatter as he is a free agent next year and could have his turned if the numbers are big enough

I can see offers of $1.3 mil x 6 years coming for Balta next year and if Balta can be convinced to leave Rich ond would allow it to go throw with the #2 compo

If it was to get done this year i couldnt imagine anything apart from your 2024 #2 without anything going back to get that done. But id be certain Richmond would be thinking play him another year and take #2 and either Dyson/Ludowyke with that pick in 2025. I love Balta but i think that combination along with our haul this year would just about complete all pieces of the rebuild and hunt for a free agent /s in 2026

And just like that.... out of a rebuild in a year!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And just like that.... out of a rebuild in a year!

I can just hear Kevin Sheehan voice

This has never happened before where a club has had 10 1st round picks in 2 years apart from plastic clubs owned by the AFL.

1727069587829.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that he is a best 22 lock ahead of some of more talented, younger players, is why he supports the point IMO.

If he is best 22, then it supports the quality over quantity strategy, which 100% refutes what you were saying. (Although I don't think he's best 22, but good depth).

There is just no evidence supporting your call that the strategy is quantity over quality.

Herald Sun's latest take - Jon Ralph.

5. NORTH MELBOURNE​

IMPORTANCE OF 2024 OFF-SEASON: 7

CHALLENGES OF NAILING THE OFF-SEASON: 8

North Melbourne can’t be mediocre forever. As Alastair Clarkson said at the club’s best-and-fairest, six years of ordinary finishes is enough.

For the record, those finishes are 17th this year, 17th, 18th, 18th, 17th and 12th.

North Melbourne finally has a ruckman in Tristan Xerri and a midfield that could one day be elite. But there are so many holes – a second key forward (Callum Coleman-Jones is on nearly $500,000 a year and hasn’t cut it), rebounding defenders (Zac Fisher didn’t make the top 10 in the best-and-fairest, Luke McDonald squeezed into ninth), more small forwards even though Paul Curtis was a find with 30 goals.

The Roos need some veterans. Picture: Brendon Thorne/AFL Photos/via Getty Images

The Roos need some veterans. Picture: Brendon Thorne/AFL Photos/via Getty Images
Pay Luke Parker whatever you want to get him to the club as a leader and mid-forward because even turning 32 in October he might have three quality years left.

People are scoffing at the Jack Darling acquisition – and they should given he’s a 191cm forward who has lost his leap. He took a career low 3.2 marks (and 0.9 contested marks) but it shows how impossible it is to get quality players to Arden Street.

The Roos are open to giving up a future first-rounder for Dan Houston, but when you haven’t finished out of the bottom two in the past five years that shapes as a recipe for disaster.

Especially when Houston turns 28 in May and might only give them five seasons for a very, very likely top four pick.

I can just hear Kevin Sheehan voice

This has never happened before where a club has had 10 1st round picks in 2 years apart from plastic clubs owned by the AFL.

View attachment 2119238

I think some estimations of picks is a little hopeful but will see.... eg Never in a month of Sundays is Rioli a top ten pick, Bolton is maybe one and baker early 20

I think some estimations of picks is a little hopeful but will see.... eg Never in a month of Sundays is Rioli a top ten pick, Bolton is maybe one and baker early 20

It’s the same thing for all teams and their supporters outgoing players are overvalued and their incoming players who they want are undervalued

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back