List Mgmt. 2024 List management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This is solely for list management discussion, Trades discussion goes in the trade thread, and Draft prospect discussion goes in it's relevant thread.

NameFinal YearYears Service*Status
Angus Hastie20252Unknown
Angus McLennan20242Non-Free Agent
Anthony Caminiti20264Non-Free Agent
Arie Schoenmaker20252Unknown
Ben Paton20247Non-Free Agent
Brad Crouch20255Non-Free Agent
Bradley Hill20278Restricted Free Agent
Callum Wilkie20279Restricted Free Agent
Cooper Sharman20244Non-Free Agent
Daniel Butler20245Non-Free Agent
Darcy Wilson20263Non-Free Agent
Dougal Howard20245Non-Free Agent
Hugo Garcia20252Unknown
Hunter Clark20258Restricted Free Agent
Isaac Keeler20242Non-Free Agent
Jack Hayes20243Non-Free Agent
Jack Higgins20277Non-Free Agent
Jack Sinclair202713Unrestricted Free Agent
Jack Steele202711Unrestricted Free Agent
James Van Es20242DELISTED
Jimmy Webster202413Unrestricted Free Agent
Josh Battle20248UFA - leaving for Hawthorn
Lance Collard20263Non-Free Agent
Liam Henry20274Non-Free Agent
Liam O'Connell20252Unknown
Liam Stocker20242Unrestricted Free Agent
Marcus Windhager20254Non-Free Agent
Mason Wood20244UFA + 3 years (2027)
Mattaes Phillipou20264Non-Free Agent
Matthew Allison20244DELISTED
Max Hall20252Non-Free Agent
Max Heath20244Non-Free Agent
Max King20268Restricted Free Agent
Mitchito Owens20254Non-Free Agent
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera20254Non-Free Agent
Olli Hotton20242Non-Free Agent
Paddy Dow20263Non-Free Agent
Riley Bonner20241DELISTED
Rowan Marshall202711Unrestricted Free Agent
Ryan Byrnes20245Non-Free Agent
Sebastian Ross202413DELISTED
Tim Membrey202410Unrestricted Free Agent
Tom Campbell20243DELISTED
Zaine Cordy20253Non-Free Agent
Zak Jones20245Non-Free Agent
* Years service at end of contract.
Free Agency - Friday, October 4 and will run until Friday, October 11.
Trade Period - Monday, October 7 and will run until Wednesday, October 16.
National Draft - Round One - Wednesday, November 20 followed by the remaining rounds of the
National Draft - The rest - Thursday, November 21.
Rookie and Pre-Season Draft - Friday, November 22.

Last edited:
It's pretty cool that a URF agent could net the club B1 compo, it is usually only RFA that achieve that for their club
Has a URFA triggers B1 compo for their club?

According to…?

And if it’s true, means he was never going to stay at the Saints whatever we offered him, and it wasn’t about financial security for his family. His mind obviously was made up, and nothing we could have done about it, so not worth worrying about it.

After we dangled him. Loyal to teammates not the club.

After we dangled him. Loyal to teammates not the club.
Sorry? Loyal to team mates? But left them.
What is this dangling? He’s a free agent. You think his manager wasn’t looking around as well?
I’m sorry if his feelings were hurt - but you play a professional sport. Both club and player are looking out for what’s best for themselves.

And if it’s true he took a lesser offer after spouting about doing the best for his family, then he was always going to go.
Good luck to him. It’s his decision. We will survive.

I just stated my opinion actually - I think what he's reportedly been offered is far greater than he's worth and I think anyone would take it. Speaking of facts - did we offer him $100k more? Does that cost us first round? Or was it a counter-offer to keep the hawks honest and ensure our compensation?

You've had one post deleted because you circumvented the swear filter. Keep moderating discussions and questions to PMs going forward please
Exactly. Hence my “not sure your facts are correct”. Fair enough if opinion. I don’t know what the facts are either, but I find it quizzical that people seem desperate to be happy with him leaving. Perhaps I’m just too old to expect sacrifice for loyalty.

Noted re swear filter. I’ll filter less next time ;)

As a footy player at senior AFL level, I think I would want to be playing with the Hawks right now. They were behind us, caught up, and now in front of us. They stuck with Mitchell as coach while he was working on a game style that didn't always work and they won some and lost some- same as when Clarkson started at the Hawks. The club backed them through heavy losses and some wins, and tweaked the list to get it right.

In contrast to us- we have a couple of heavy losses under a coach who got us into the finals, and the president cracks the sh*ts and wants another coach to the point of dragging an ex coach out of retirement for big money. This is the St Kilda way of doing things, and it has failed us time after time, and will again. Good luck to Josh and thanks for your work.
You might want to contrast the amount of games Hawthron’s new coach has coached, and StKilda’s new coach has coached, in reference to your so called “contrast”.

I also note that you have circumvented the swear filter. Uh oh! Hubnester

Sorry? Loyal to team mates? But left them.
What is this dangling? He’s a free agent. You think his manager wasn’t looking around as well?
I’m sorry if his feelings were hurt - but you play a professional sport. Both club and player are looking out for what’s best for themselves.

And if it’s true he took a lesser offer after spouting about doing the best for his family, then he was always going to go.
Good luck to him. It’s his decision. We will survive.
The club turned him into a very good player , I fully expect Brett Ratten would of been in Battles ear to jump ship.

Cruel to know that Ben McKay acquired band 1, but Battle might not.

Some people in the media are saying its as little as 50k difference.

In other words, they all actually have no idea at all. Hell, none of them had any definite idea of what the outcome was going to be even yesterday.

The media get their information almost exclusively from player managers (outside of leaky places like the demons atm) who will drop ballpark figures to influence the deals they are attempting to get over the line.

As soon as that deal is reached they are not going to be offering any more information unless their client says they can and when the contracts are actually signed they will have confidentiality agreements. This is why no one in the media can ever give actual specific dollar values, they can only do a best educated guess.

As a footy player at senior AFL level, I think I would want to be playing with the Hawks right now. They were behind us, caught up, and now in front of us. They stuck with Mitchell as coach while he was working on a game style that didn't always work and they won some and lost some- same as when Clarkson started at the Hawks. The club backed them through heavy losses and some wins, and tweaked the list to get it right.

In contrast to us- we have a couple of heavy losses under a coach who got us into the finals, and the president cracks the sh*ts and wants another coach to the point of dragging an ex coach out of retirement for big money. This is the St Kilda way of doing things, and it has failed us time after time, and will again. Good luck to Josh and thanks for your work.
Yeah, umm, well, that bit there about half way down where you're sort of trying to make out that Brett Ratten wasn't shit, but you're sort of skipping over all the shit and then hanging your own shit onto the club based on the shit you're trying to make up. That there is why you have no credibility. The couple of gooses that liked your post were gringo and a hawks supporter. I'm gringo was just appreciating the art form though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First crack at 2025, round 1, team 23

B. Houston Howard Wilkie

H.B. Hastie Tomlinson Sinclair

C. NWM Phillipou Wilson

H.F. Butler Caminiti Henry

F. Higgins Sharman King

Foll. Marshall Steele Crouch

I/C. Clark, Hill, Jones, Wood, Dow-sub

Emerg. Garcia, Heath, Owens, Windhager

Last edited:

I hope when we win a Flag you don't get to enjoy it.

First crack at 2025, round 1, team 23

B. Huston Howard Wilkie

H.B. Hastie Tomlinson Sinclair

C. NWM Phillipou Wilson

H.F. Butler Caminiti Henry

F. Higgins Sharman King

Foll. Marshall Steele Crouch

I/C. Clark, Hill, Jones, Wood, Dow-sub

Emerg. Garcia, Heath, Owens, Windhager
Windhager and Owens emergencies wtf

He signed on a 6 year deal, the afl only take into consideration 5. So if it is 850 then all we need them to do is front end it and it bumps the 5 over 900. Band one. ☝️
One of the rumours floating around was that Hawthorn's offer was front ended (think it was from a Hawks supporter). If so that would work in our favour re band one

One of the rumours floating around was that Hawthorn's offer was front ended (think it was from a Hawks supporter). If so that would work in our favour re band one
His manager would have been working with us. Not sure who else is in his camp but you would think a couple would have be at the saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back