Autopsy 2023 Rd 10 Blues lose game in first quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

Ofcourse I want to be better but so many posters telling us what they did instead of watching the game .. we should start another thread so people can tell us what they did instead of watching the game .. let’s call it whats did you do today instead of watching Carlton play .. we can even rank the best post by most popular activity .. anyway
Umm , washed me car.

Also why is Pittonet incapable of kicking the ball in general?

Ruck work aside he is channelling Cain Ackland with his disposal at times.

This club desperately needs a "line in the sand" moment.

Clubs play the man against us. A lot. Collingwood are absolutely the kings at it and while bitterly frustrating to watch I really don't blame them after the fact.

We don't play for one another as a team. We don't stand up for one another. We might have a push or shove for a moment but it achieves nothing.

Players hurt our players and there's no retaliation. The next time the bumper gets or plays for the ball he's not (fairly) under the pump.

We play scared and incredibly soft.

I would argue that every time one of our players has gone before the tribunal this year it's been purely out of lack of skill execution rather than hurt factor.

The last time we were a genuinely decent side (i.e. made finals of our own volition without requiring * to be kicked out) Mitch Robinson made a public statement, paraphrasing here, that the poor Melbourne teams played "bruise free football.".

There may be no club in the AFL who plays more bruise free football than what we've done so far this year.

I don't want us to go out and be dirty but I would love to see this team go out and hurt the opposition. If it costs us a player or two for a week because of poor execution it would be worth it

Tired of seeing teams just bully us without consequences and I hate to admit it but I admire Collingwood for being Filth.

And McCrae probably wasnt even permitted to submit his resume. If this is a coach issue, then its even more a board issue. They dont know how to pick or attract a quality coach
Definitely not solely a coach issue, we are simply not as good as those teams positioned above us atm and have plenty of work to do to change that given our list profile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton is the only side I see where players running at full pelt just keep running past the ball carrier. Saw all our mids do it today.

Rather chase their man or guard grass instead of just killing the play dead by tackling the ball carrier.
That's a classic symptom of over analysis and over thinking - over coached ? Maybe we are

I think u blokes have missed what happened, doc was going for goal…lost balance as he was kicking & tweaked his hammy.
it did look bad…but not what is portrayed here.
he has kicked big goals from that distance before.
Go for goal from 65 out or hit up a target 40 out……oh what to do.
Such a tough decision.
Go the hero, selfish option every time, that shows leadership.

Hello everyone. Pretty new to the forum, but been a long time reader. Just wanted to say I’ve appreciated everyone’s insights and posts over my time reading, thank you!

I’m okay with losing. But the way in which we have been losing this year is so disheartening. I was all for starting a full tear down rebuild in 2015 or whenever it was.. but to still be losing this was 8 years later seriously hurts 😞 there have been teams that were above us, have gone below us, and are now again above us. It is a real shame. Just not good enough.

This club desperately needs a "line in the sand" moment.

Clubs play the man against us. A lot. Collingwood are absolutely the kings at it and while bitterly frustrating to watch I really don't blame them after the fact.

We don't play for one another as a team. We don't stand up for one another. We might have a push or shove for a moment but it achieves nothing.

Players hurt our players and there's no retaliation. The next time the bumper gets or plays for the ball he's not (fairly) under the pump.

We play scared and incredibly soft.

I would argue that every time one of our players has gone before the tribunal this year it's been purely out of lack of skill execution rather than hurt factor.

The last time we were a genuinely decent side (i.e. made finals of our own volition without requiring * to be kicked out) Mitch Robinson made a public statement, paraphrasing here, that the poor Melbourne teams played "bruise free football.".

There may be no club in the AFL who plays more bruise free football than what we've done so far this year.

I don't want us to go out and be dirty but I would love to see this team go out and hurt the opposition. If it costs us a player or two for a week because of poor execution it would be worth it

Tired of seeing teams just bully us without consequences and I hate to admit it but I admire Collingwood for being Filth.
Do you think players coaches and other footy department people are United?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 10 Blues lose game in first quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back