List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your opinion or any knowledge?
I can assure you that the Bruce to the Doggies plan is that he will not be traded for less than a first round equivalent. Worst case scenario Bruce and Pick 68 for Pick 12.

Desperately want Pick 12 to use on the Hill which then enables us to split Pick 5.

If the Doggies don't come to the party then its Plan B (keep Bruce, send Pick 5 and extras to Freo for Hill and extras) then Plan C et etc.

Not sure.. probably replaces Stuv or Newnes in the forward/mid rotations.
Unless we’re collecting small forwards there’s no way we can bring in Papley without moving a couple on.

Jones is a good fit for us like hill his impact on our team will be greater than his individual contribution imo.

5 for hill and 25

25 and bruce for 12

12 and 2020 3rd for papley and jones

?????
I like it a lot kegs and was going to post something similar.
I hope the news is true about Papley. The bloke is a gun and huge upgrade on every small forward we have. 37 goals this year. Our best small forward was Parker with 16.
I’d throw Lonie and Long on the table if it means landing Papley.
Forward line: King, Membrey, Papley, Parker, Gresham, Kent/Lonie & Ryder. I like it

Unfortunately until we start landing A grade talent and we just keep swapping B graders around there will always remain that feeling that we're just changing deck chairs on the Titanic. The Hanners recruitment can't be added to the success side of the ledger just yet.

Hill for pick 5 is start in the right direction. I just hope it doesn't end there. The tale of the tape will be our net position after all our trades are done. Getting Ryder can't be factored in because he's almost a free hit who we could recruit without giving up anyone.

I'm certainly not damning the new regime. I'm actually reasonably confident they understand the need for change.

But losing Bruce and Steven starts us a long way back. The ins will need to be good for us to finish in front. I'll watch with interest and will pay credit where it's due if things go well.

We are going to have to hope that the guns are already there IMO. Battle, Marshall, King, Clark need to be those guns because we are on a top up campaign rather than a draft lead recovery at the moment. Hill is at least bringing in a top 5 on the list type. Pick 5 hurts because I wanted Lachie Ash but it's taking a very good player instead of betting that pick 5 will be a champion. Seeing as a we seem a little too keen to gamble on our list management I can't complain when they're conservative.

Anyone who doesn't think the ruck matters should watch what happened on the weekend when Mumford went off the ground.

You have to have one, but you don't have to win hit outs to win matches. Someone who just stops the other guy getting clean use is enough if your inside mids are good.

We are still a ruckman short I feel. Anyone know if we are targeting anyone else?

Or is Alibakis seen as an option next year?

Alabakis would have to have one of the greatest improvements in history to have been sent back to Ammos and then get games in the AFL the next year. He looks like a basketballer playing footy...and not in a positive way. He's a few years off.

Not really a huge need for to us when you consider what he'd cost in a trade

I have never thought we were chasing due to the fact i dont think we have the currency picks wise.

We seem to be associated with ever million $$$ man that pops up and we just dont have the picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to have one, but you don't have to win hit outs to win matches. Someone who just stops the other guy getting clean use is enough if your inside mids are good.

I reckon Papley has much more scope to go into the midfield than Sam Gray has. Obviously a lot more expensive but Papley looks to me like a bloke who could play an outside mid role very very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pick 36 equivalent for Bruce - fmd we under value our players!

I never look at points values, they're only of benefit to clubs with academy players etc. As Mikka84 said, those moves revolutionize our mids.

Only if you look at it from points perspective. Go the other way and say; Pick 5 and Bruce for Hill, Jones and Papley. Transforms our midfield.
Maybe but it assumes Jones and Papley is better than Jones and Bruce.

I never look at points values, they're only of benefit to clubs with academy players etc. As Mikka84 said, those moves revolutionize our mids.
You might not but List managers do. Anyway we won'be getting Papley - too much money and too high a draft cost.

They certainly do!
Any sign of Jones in there and i'm starting a revolution against poor foot skills!

Papley on the other hand may well help us revolutionize the modern day midfield with us being the
Tiniest midfield known to man. So small the opposition can't see us!
Hence the spectacular element of surprise! I like it a lot.....Clint Jones and his lighter are not impressed though!

Screw what all the tightarses say, GET PAPLEY!
The boy is a gun!

I like the Ryder move.
1. If we are going to play 2 rucks then that could be a seriously quality pairing. It has worked for other sides (ed Richmond) so if we are going to try it, it would be better to do it with two very good ruckmen.
2. Gives us a high quality backup ruckman in case of injury.
3. Ruckmen often blossom again late. Ryder is an AA player, if we can get him right he could be a bargain pickup. (Look at Goldstein this year.)

Maybe but it assumes Jones and Papley is better than Jones and Bruce.

You might not but List managers do. Anyway we won'be getting Papley - too much money and too high a draft cost.
Not sure list managers are too fussed about the points unless they plan on using picks for academy bids.

There are plenty of deals over the last few years that if you went off points would not be like look a good deal. Truth is every draft is different and recruiters will work to get picks in the area that they rate in the draft and not worry about who wins in the points department.

Can't see us taking Papley at the like of money he's rumoured at. He'd obviously be an upgrade on Kent/Newnes and a notable goal kicker also. I'd like to think we'd back in our current smalls and new structure, but if we could get him cheaply re pick, which we won't, you wouldn't knock him back.

They certainly do!
Any sign of Jones in there and i'm starting a revolution against poor foot skills!

Papley on the other hand may well help us revolutionize the modern day midfield with us being the
Tiniest midfield known to man. So small the opposition can't see us!
Hence the spectacular element of surprise! I like it a lot.....Clint Jones and his lighter are not impressed though!

Screw what all the tightarses say, GET PAPLEY!
The boy is a gun!
Big mids are all the rage but there’s plenty of great small mids, Rowell about to go pick 1.

Not sure list managers are too fussed about the points unless they plan on using picks for academy bids.

There are plenty of deals over the last few years that if you went off points would not be like look a good deal. Truth is every draft is different and recruiters will work to get picks in the area that they rate in the draft and not worry about who wins in the points department.

And it’ll piss Carlton off soooooo much.

From what I heard from my Blues man they’re off Papley as they’ve got Martin & Betts in the door.

They want to have a crack at B.Crouch though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back