List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Did we delist McKenzie before start night last year? I believe he only missed out on a contract due to Shoey being available
DMac was officially delisted a couple of weeks before the draft. We left the door ajar to get him again, probably via SPP.

There was still a spot there for him even after we got Arie. It was the PSD selection of Bonner that meant there was no longer a spot available for DMac.

He went to Freo to train, was going to train at the Suns too but ended up getting injured at a Freo session and that was that for his career.

Question: if we pass on one of our later draft picks hoping for one of our NGAs to slide through to the rookie draft, and a bid comes in after that, can we then match that bid with our next pick (assuming bid is post pick 40)?

E.g. we haven’t delisted Hotton by draft night and decide to pass on one of our picks intending to give him another year. But on the night Peckett gets bid on late when we’d been planning to rookie him. Could we then match the bid knowing that we’d have to then delist Hotton to make space on the senior list?
I believe that if we nominate Peckett as F/S in the national draft we are compelled to take him with our last pick (if nobody bids), so there will always be a pick set aside for him. If we don't, then we can't match a bid, but can pre-list him as a rookie if he gets through. This applies to F/S only, not NGAs. Will be interesting to see which way we go with this, I am thinking rookie if anything

Question: if we pass on one of our later draft picks hoping for one of our NGAs to slide through to the rookie draft, and a bid comes in after that, can we then match that bid with our next pick (assuming bid is post pick 40)?

E.g. we haven’t delisted Hotton by draft night and decide to pass on one of our picks intending to give him another year. But on the night Peckett gets bid on late when we’d been planning to rookie him. Could we then match the bid knowing that we’d have to then delist Hotton to make space on the senior list?

You only have picks if you have empty list spots to fill with them. If we’ve passed a pick then it means we had an empty list spot, so we’d still have room to match a bid.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back