2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

🎯 Draft Period, November 20–21
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Wednesday, November 20
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Thursday, November 21
  • Rookie Promotions: Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Friday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Friday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Friday, November 22, 3.20pm

Last edited:

What makes you think travaglia could be anything? I don’t see his ceiling being very high. Solid but not high ceiling compared to other prospects around him I’m pretty confident we will look elsewhere imo. Tauru could be but he could also be a big fat bust.
It is his ability to move across the ground. He glides acros the ground. Good mover like that and super competitors tend to translate well. The key is obviously whether he can go on ball ala Will Day who is his player comp. I think he can due to his movement in and out of traffic, there are few as good as him in the draft at that.

In Order i'd say
1. Reid
2. Smith
3. Osullivan
4. Travaglia

It's been annoying me for a while, I thought Langford looked like someone but I could never figure it out. Well, I might be way off the mark, but I was watching Travel Guides and, well... IMG_1752.jpeg The-Fren-Family-450x450.png

Last edited:
Wouldn’t this ruffle some feathers in here

😁😆 View attachment 2151189

south park pc principal GIF

It's been annoying me for a while, I thought Langford looked like someone but I could never figure it out. Well, I might be way off the mark, but I was watching Travel Guides and, well...

That's brutal.

I think Angus Hastie is criminally underrated on our board. We always talk about Nas & Sincs, also hoping Arie and McLennan keep improving. I almost never hear about Hastie, who burns up the track. He has that ability to play tall and small, and intercepts well, he may even be a bit taller than his 190cm listed height. He is a beautiful user of the footy and is quick and agile.

Hastie is absolutely one to watch this year and the fact we don't talk about him more is a shame. He's a big reason why I think TT as a half back is our least important position to pick a player in.

I like him but I wouldn't think he's underrated. He's still a fringe kid who is going as expected but not looking like he's pushing anyone out yet. He reminds me of Sam Gilbert. His kicking can look a bit iffy at times but a really nice sized always seems to be on the move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, did him dirty there, but it's the complexion with the dark hair I think. Either way, they've got to be related 🤣

Reminds me of that old cricketer that did shit tv afterwards. Mike Whitney?

So Cal Twomeys October Phantom Draft has Tauru / Armstrong at Picks 9 and 10...with all the top mids gone before our picks.

Worst case scenario
except we have picks 8 and 9 (after Ashcroft bid). So in his ranking (not a phantom draft.. but the rankings are based on what recruiters gnerally think about the players) he has Smilie and Tauru at our picks.

In his phantom draft he predicts exactly which tream will pick each player, based on intel. That is different.
Still, I think everyone here would be happy with a Smillie and Tauru combination

I know we have 2092 halfbacks but this guy looks like a decent late-draft prospect at halfback. Great character and a saints supporter growing up:

Would be very handy at a pick in the 40s

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back