2nds SANFL Grand Final: North Adelaide: Premiers (page 70)

What would you do if you were in the SANFL Commission's shoes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see how you couldn't like it, so good.

Wanted to watch the replay but John Casey's commentating :(

I missed it as we had tickets to Jeff Dunham at Thebby Theatre. Not being at the Grannywas a good thing tho as the last 4 North Grannies id been to had been losses.

You're Welcome lol

I'm surprised there was 40k there TBH, would've thought closer to 30k

We got there pretty early, around 12-30 and got ourselves a good posi. The crowd was just starting to roll in. Left our seats to watch Dragon perform and by the time they had finished you could barley walk through the crowd and we ended up in the nose bleed seats(see pic above). It was a fair crowd and def more than 30k.

You’ve take multiple opportunities to bag the comp while saying you’ve no team in it or don’t care about it, yet enough to think it’s tainted.
It actually sounds like you feel cheated in some way in order to comment.

You’ve also gone on to question the development of players in SA. What’s your basis that it’s shit? I gave you an example of Grundy being close to the best player in the comp .......your reaction was crickets.

Last year Sturt had 7 kids recruited, Crowden at Freo played numerous games in his first year. Wilson at Adelaide has been their best in the SANFL. Where’s your point there? And this is just my myopic view of Sturt’s development.
Then we have the draft this year full of SA guns, have you taken time to watch Rozee’s last two finals? Gun player for a young kid, but hey, means f*** all becoz ammos maaate!
It’s really a shit attitude and you wonder why you’re called out for it on a thread that’s about the SANFL finals. You stink of some sort of bitterness.
I'm allowed to have an opinion about something without having a vested interest in the clubs.

That opinion is that the 19th man situation was farcical, compounded today by the fact North won the flag. You don't have to agree, but alot do.

Finally, I made a crack about the crowd being the second highest, therefore second best league. On the other hand, it has produced very few high quality AFL players for over a decade. This is indisputable. Go a pick a state side, Grundy doesn't have many friends.

Great job Roosters. Ran all over them. it almost felt like......ahh nevermind.

Remember still " no afl in the sanfl" because you would hate to ruin the integrity of this competition.

Australian sport is a joke.

Either way Norwood supporters would whine if they lost today, the funny thing is they shat themselves despite the Prelim.
Well done North.
I’m yet to hear a Norwood supporter whine about the loss.
What happened last week is of little concern to me and they beat us fairly and squarely yesterday. North played good football and we only have ourselves to blame. Poor team selection and poor coaching coupled with having far too many passengers on the day. The old adage of poor kicking is poor football comes to mind aswell. To dominate the first quarter and miss so many easy chances was always going to come back to haunt us

Absolutely

How good is it to have 40k to the Oval to watch two clubs, not bastardised by being AFL feeders, fight out a bloody good contest. Massive pride in SA footy and SANFL. No other state league compares to this one. VFL GF was a shitty reserve play off and WAFL has nothing on SANFL and I live in WA.

Well dine to Roosters and I'm a redlegs man.

Once again we see two teams that are the equal of the bottom clubs of the AFL. Of what I would give to watch the Roosters or Norwood against Carlton or Brisbane.
I’m as passionate about SANFL as they come. I love the comp but I do also realise where we stand in the scheme of things and in all reality Norwood or North wouldn’t get within 10 goals of the worst AFL sides but that doesn’t matter to me.

I’m as passionate about SANFL as they come. I love the comp but I do also realise where we stand in the scheme of things and in all reality Norwood or North wouldn’t get within 10 goals of the worst AFL sides but that doesn’t matter to me.

Where would North and Norwood sit against the 2 VFL or WAFL premiership dudes?

Box hill and Casey?
Subiaco and whoever Subiaco played.

Should bring back the champion of Australia carnival.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where would North and Norwood sit against the 2 VFL or WAFL premiership dudes?

Box hill and Casey?
Subiaco and whoever Subiaco played.

Should bring back the champion of Australia carnival.
I think Norwood and North would beat both of the VFL sides and probably edge out Subiaco.
The Foxtel Cup was a good concept but it was just played at the wrong time and was never going to work midweek.
Won’t ever happen but would love to see something like the SANFL Premier play the VFL premier as a curtain raiser before the AFL GF and the AFL tip in some decent prize money for the winner.

Great job Roosters. Ran all over them. it almost felt like......ahh nevermind.

Remember still " no afl in the sanfl" because you would hate to ruin the integrity of this competition.

Australian sport is a joke.
And yet here you are, every day, watching and having an opinion or three! :rolleyes:

I think Norwood and North would beat both of the VFL sides and probably edge out Subiaco.
The Foxtel Cup was a good concept but it was just played at the wrong time and was never going to work midweek.
Won’t ever happen but would love to see something like the SANFL Premier play the VFL premier as a curtain raiser before the AFL GF and the AFL tip in some decent prize money for the winner.

Yep. Would be great.

Under 18 Grand Final - SANFL vs VFL - AFL

Like the old school Grand Final day.

Yep. Would be great.

Under 18 Grand Final - SANFL vs VFL - AFL

Like the old school Grand Final day.
Except we all know it wouldn’t be VFL V SANFL they’d turn it into VFL V ALLIES or some crap.
I’d love for a serious COA competition to happen, but it has to be stand alone clubs not AFL affiliates and not played before the AFL GF as the supporters couldn’t get there. There should be more interaction between State League clubs in my opinion. Maybe clubs should do it off their own back. It’s pretty sad that back in 1920 Sturt toured WA and played some WAFL teams, yet now we can’t organise a game between the premiers.

B3C93E54-6F5B-4CB1-A317-40495A3F743D.jpeg

Of course it doesn't matter ....I've followed Westies my whole life ...never missed a game, tried to get to traing sessions .....were they better than any VFL side, no way......but that didn't affect my passion for the club

What a great crowd for the GF .....the SANFL is truly alive !

Except we all know it wouldn’t be VFL V SANFL they’d turn it into VFL V ALLIES or some crap.
I’d love for a serious COA competition to happen, but it has to be stand alone clubs not AFL affiliates and not played before the AFL GF as the supporters couldn’t get there. There should be more interaction between State League clubs in my opinion. Maybe clubs should do it off their own back. It’s pretty sad that back in 1920 Sturt toured WA and played some WAFL teams, yet now we can’t organise a game between the premiers.

View attachment 563130
Have you got some names there . My grandmothers brother might be in there

I'm allowed to have an opinion about something without having a vested interest in the clubs.

That opinion is that the 19th man situation was farcical, compounded today by the fact North won the flag. You don't have to agree, but alot do.

Finally, I made a crack about the crowd being the second highest, therefore second best league. On the other hand, it has produced very few high quality AFL players for over a decade. This is indisputable. Go a pick a state side, Grundy doesn't have many friends.
I agree the 19th man situation was terrible but that's only my opinion it was taken to a ex judge to decide so it was done properly, but a lot dont agree with his decision but hey that's his opinion and was given the power not you or me

The fact the crowd was so big proves the SANFL is doing something right to attract tgat sort of followers as for producing players to play in the elite comp it's not the SANFLs problem, if the supporters will go more to games to watch mature age footballers and not play kids then it's the supporters who they must satisfy and it appears they are, so that's an AFL issue in where they spend money on youth development and it appears the NEAFL is getting the bulk of that coin

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 563130

Yes, I did mean the VFL not the AFL.

However, I see no reason why the crows and power could not be involved. We are a club, not a state or competition affiliate. Clearly guidelines and regulations have to be in place to see who qualify but the AFL teams should have every right to participate.

The crows are a club, not a state side and the more this stuff gets said, the further away from becoming a club we become. We are not a state side.

Back