2nds SANFL Grand Final: North Adelaide: Premiers (page 70)

What would you do if you were in the SANFL Commission's shoes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly believe that if there was no betting in sport, then the prelim result would have been reversed.

By reversing the result the SANFL would have been subject to action from betting agencies who would have already paid out on results.

And that's why they came out with the half assed decision early in the week to fine and dock points from next year.

Today's result they won fair and square, but they shouldn't have been there.

Betting always fxxks up sport in some way.

I honestly believe that if there was no betting in sport, then the prelim result would have been reversed.

By reversing the result the SANFL would have been subject to action from betting agencies who would have already paid out on results.

And that's why they came out with the half assed decision early in the week to fine and dock points from next year.

Today's result they won fair and square, but they shouldn't have been there.

Pardon me trespassing across your cabbage patch - But yeah, damn straight.

Betting is for losers [except for a professional gambler (poker) dude I met on a riverboat queen out of Baton Rouge on the Mrs Sippi 30 years ago. Had an amazing memory and sharp as a whip].

Gambling is heavily promoted on sports TV in Oz. Such a shame.

As the Jesuits say - Get'em young, get'em for life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about some pride in SA footy and what it means to people. As compared to what a myopic f**kwit AFL supporter wants to drain from it?
I support Adelaide in the AFL. That's my state pride. Ammos doesn't interest me anymore. Sorry if that offends you.

So there was a good crowd today. Great. How have we been going at developing talent via the SANFL?

Bugger it. As a long suffering North fan, I’m more than content that we are deserving Premiers. We played a superb month of football, beating the 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st tanked teams in succession, playing an exciting, high scoring brand of footy.

I got to hang out with my elderly dad, have a couple of beers and watch a great game of footy. Go you *****.

How about some pride in SA footy and what it means to people. As compared to what a myopic f**kwit AFL supporter wants to drain from it?
Absolutely

How good is it to have 40k to the Oval to watch two clubs, not bastardised by being AFL feeders, fight out a bloody good contest. Massive pride in SA footy and SANFL. No other state league compares to this one. VFL GF was a shitty reserve play off and WAFL has nothing on SANFL and I live in WA.

Well dine to Roosters and I'm a redlegs man.

Once again we see two teams that are the equal of the bottom clubs of the AFL. Of what I would give to watch the Roosters or Norwood against Carlton or Brisbane.

Back