Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

The save the wildlife phone number chat was funnier back when they did it with Don. Sam went through the made up scenario of Don being out on a date in the car and runs over a pygmy possum or sugar glider, so he picks it up and calls the number. They tell him nobody is available to come out so can he bring the animal in. He then takes it hundreds of km's to the nearest help centre. (With his date in the car along for the ride, so to speak.) With Sam doing his Don voice throughout. 😂

Last edited:
Episode 234 Part 1 was the most entertaining it's been for a while. Get some interesting characters on and you get a decent episode.

I'm sure she's a nice person, woman, person but get rid of Sue Stanley OAM ASAP because she's boring as bat poo on the podcast.

Last edited:
I'll give Sam some credit , I didn't think the podcast would last until the end of the year but I'm assuming a lot of people are still listening during the week or I doubt he'd have the motivation to keep going.

I'll give Sam some credit , I didn't think the podcast would last until the end of the year but I'm assuming a lot of people are still listening during the week or I doubt he'd have the motivation to keep going.

i have it on subscribe so it auto downloads every week. these days i only listen when i go to the gym as it generally takes 45-60 minutes for a routine and the podcast fits nicely. i don't mind the addition of sue stanley and the other Muff guy sounds ultra conservative so he suits Sam's agenda to a T. It seems to flow a little better now that Don isn't on it, there is a bit less waffle and the guests tend to get more of what they've been invited on for out. i've found though, that Sam now interrupts a lot more and his interview with Richard Norton was a bit painful as he asks a question that seems to go on for a few minutes while the guest is trying to get a word in

Damien Richardson needs to chill out a bit 🤣. He can't be too against the mainstream as he was on Neighbours for about 7 years. Gary Canning shout out! 😆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone noticed that on occasions it's difficult to hear Sam because he doesn't sound like he's talking close to the microphone?
SPEAK INTO THE MICROPHONE SAM!

Has anyone noticed that on occasions it's difficult to hear Sam because he doesn't sound like he's talking close to the microphone?
SPEAK INTO THE MICROPHONE SAM!
Yes, the sound is sometimes a mess. My guess is that none of them wear headphones, otherwise, they’d obviously know immediately when their volume drops

Last edited:
Yes, the sound is sometimes a mess. My guess is that none of them wear headphones, otherwise, they’d obviously know immediately when their volume drops

Sam tells the story that he was on a plane once ,
just settled in and started watching a movie ,
and the air hostess passing him in the aisle noticing he couldn’t hear the movie ,
asked him “Would you like some headphones”,
and Sam replied , “As a matter of fact I would ….. and how did you know my name was Phonse”

Sam tells the story that he was on a plane once ,
just settled in and started watching a movie ,
and the air hostess passing him in the aisle noticing he couldn’t hear the movie ,
asked him “Would you like some headphones”,
and Sam replied , “As a matter of fact I would ….. and how did you know my name was Phonse”
This reminds me of all the times Dopey Don didn't know when Sam was telling a joke. It took him nearly 4 years to figure it out.

Sam: "I was on a plane once, about to watch a movie"
Don: "What?! Where were you going?"
Sam: "Pfft! It doesn't matter. I can't remember where I was going. Anyway, I was on a plane, about to watch a movie when...."
Don: "What?! Whadda you mean you can't remember? I've told you, you're getting dementia"
Sam: "Don!! FFS, man!! ... I was on plane once, about to watch a movie when I asked the...."
Don: "Who were you with? A girl?"
Sam: "Jesus Christ, man! Will you let me finish one sentence?!"
Don: "Ok, go ahead"
Sam: "Right, where was I? Right, I was on plane once, about to watch a movie when I asked the hostess.."
Don: "What was her name? The hostess"
Sam: "I didn't ask her name!!"
Don: "Ok then, what was the movie?"
Sam: "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE F**kin movie was!"

Etc, etc

This reminds me of all the times Dopey Don didn't know when Sam was telling a joke. It took him nearly 4 years to figure it out.

Sam: "I was on a plane once, about to watch a movie"
Don: "What?! Where were you going?"
Sam: "Pfft! It doesn't matter. I can't remember where I was going. Anyway, I was on a plane, about to watch a movie when...."
Don: "What?! Whadda you mean you can't remember? I've told you, you're getting dementia"
Sam: "Don!! FFS, man!! ... I was on plane once, about to watch a movie when I asked the...."
Don: "Who were you with? A girl?"
Sam: "Jesus Christ, man! Will you let me finish one sentence?!"
Don: "Ok, go ahead"
Sam: "Right, where was I? Right, I was on plane once, about to watch a movie when I asked the hostess.."
Don: "What was her name? The hostess"
Sam: "I didn't ask her name!!"
Don: "Ok then, what was the movie?"
Sam: "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE F**kin movie was!"

Etc, etc

this reminded me of Dale Kerrigan interrupting Con when he was talking about the honeymoon he and Trace went on.

A Brisbane Bears Carrara match commentated by Sandy & Don , Sandy made some quote about Dion Scott a Brisbane player in that match , and Dion being lucky that he had an “i” in his name so people didn’t confuse him with Don Scott in future , stand to be corrected but it some sort of reference like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back