XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes someone else clarified what you meant, I get it.

Still, actual load times are the same, the PS5 just doesn't do those save states (which is a nifty feature, but not all that impactful when games load so quick regardless).

It cuts out some unnecessary load times I reckon

You're talking seconds difference in loading a game, big whoop.
Nah its much quicker. I click on the game and within a couple of seconds I am right into the action where I finished off

As opposed to going through the load screen, menu ext

Even better when I can go back through my last 3 or 4 games. Even does it after the xbox has been unplugged and moved to a different outlet

What? PS loads instantly into the last game I played too provided I didn't quit the game. There is no load screen, menu text etc. The only difference is xbox can do it to more than one game at once. Its almost a non factor. From memory I think Xbox saves the game state to the hard drive though, so if you have a full hard drive, that function aint working.

It cuts out some unnecessary load times I reckon

Nah its much quicker. I click on the game and within a couple of seconds I am right into the action where I finished off

As opposed to going through the load screen, menu ext

Even better when I can go back through my last 3 or 4 games. Even does it after the xbox has been unplugged and moved to a different outlet

Cool but still big whoop. I'm not that impatient in life that this does anything for me whatsoever.

The best part about loading games off cassette to my Commodore 64 is I can prepare, eat and clean up after a big meal and then sit down to play.

I'm still waiting on the new AFL game to release on the Commodore 64.

The best part about loading games off cassette to my Commodore 64 is I can prepare, eat and clean up after a big meal and then sit down to play.
Man I remember those days my mates brother owned a Commordore 64 with the cassette player we would go over to his place and play some games.

Can never forget the multicolored loading screen

I remember trying to type in one of the programs in a magazine (not even sure if I was 5 yet) and asking dad why it didn't work and he pointed out that I had skipped about 5 pages and that marked the end of my budding game development career.

I probably went back to Wizard of Wor or International Soccer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the price of my unopened and sealed Halo Elite series 2 controller is going to keep increasing.

I regret not getting the Gears series 1 Elite.

I use the Halo Series 2 though... Even though it doesn't match the Halo Series X

I regret not getting the Gears series 1 Elite.

I use the Halo Series 2 though... Even though it doesn't match the Halo Series X

Series 1 looks awesome. I had every intention of using my series 2 but just had other controllers I was using first. After a while decided I might hold onto it as it might turn into a collector's item and have seen it go for nearly a grand sometimes. Surely it will only increase.

Anyone want to provide cliff notes for the lazy?

Four games going multiplatform. They refused to say what they were for some reason. However:

Sources familiar with Microsoft’s plans tell me the first two titles will be Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment, followed by Sea of Thieves and Grounded

New Xbox hardware refresh announcements coming later (Series X Slim? Handheld Xbox? Who the heck knows!)

Diablo 4 coming to Game Pass.

It was a nothing presentation really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back