XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we expect these games to be paid or provided free via a sub of some kind?

Sea of Thieves would be free, the others no idea.

Yeah wasn’t the best ‘update’ more of the same from Xbox. Happy Diablo IV is coming to GP.

Yeah that was good, was hoping we'd get it soon on gamespass.

I think xbox probably had some other plans but the reaction certainly changed it.

In the end they announce a whole lot of who gives a crap.

I read some of the quotes and I got nervous as * vibes and not wanting to piss off the Xbox fanbase. I reckon we are more likely to get all of the major Xbox franchisers on other systems eventually than we are to only see four Xbox games on other systems.

That was so strange. The only newsworthy bit was the four games going multiplat, the rest of it (games staying day one on game pass, next gen hardware in development) felt like it was just about extinguishing rumours that had gone wild on social media in the last two weeks.

I read some of the quotes and I got nervous as * vibes and not wanting to piss off the Xbox fanbase. I reckon we are more likely to get all of the major Xbox franchisers on other systems eventually than we are to only see four Xbox games on other systems.

There’s absolutely no doubt more Xbox exclusives will hit other platforms, but today by just announcing 4 games that Xbox fans will be fine with at least eases the outrage, while also making them happy by saying games will still come day 1 on gamepass, Diablo IV and more Activision/Bilzzard games will come to gamepass, another console making the ‘biggest technological leap’ etc, Phil also mentioned how he’d like PS & Nintendo games to find their way to the Xbox ecosystem.

They had planned to give an update, things got leaked, rumours started to spiral and I think they’ve gone:

“Let’s just take a couple steps back and not totally announce our future plans, let’s settle the Xbox fanbase down a bit”.

“Let’s just take a couple steps back and not totally announce our future plans, let’s settle the Xbox fanbase down a bit”.
This would make sense if they hadn't themselves then made a big fuss about "revealing their plans for the future" in a future event and staying quiet until then. That made the speculation run even more wild and it was totally predictable. I'm just not sure why they didn't respond to the initial spark with a simple tweet/statement saying that four games would become multiplat but there were no plans to exit the hardware market or make all games available on PS/Switch. This was all so easily avoidable, even if there is a grain of truth to it all.

This would make sense if they hadn't themselves then made a big fuss about "revealing their plans for the future" in a future event and staying quiet until then. That made the speculation run even more wild and it was totally predictable. I'm just not sure why they didn't respond to the initial spark with a simple tweet/statement saying that four games would become multiplat but there were no plans to exit the hardware market or make all games available on PS/Switch. This was all so easily avoidable, even if there is a grain of truth to it all.
I think they shat the bed and did a last minute pivot and this is the end result after they decided the backlash was too big

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not all that surprising to me, Microsoft’s communication for years has been pretty poor, always reactive and not proactive.

Looking at getting a separate external hard disk for storage but the official ones are pretty steep. I've checked out some cheaper options on Amazon but not sure of compatibility, do they need to be formatted, quality any good?? etc.

Anyone got a 3rd party storage disk that they can recommend? For Series X

Looking at getting a separate external hard disk for storage but the official ones are pretty steep. I've checked out some cheaper options on Amazon but not sure of compatibility, do they need to be formatted, quality any good?? etc.

Probably doesn't help if all you have is a large collection of Series X games, but I just have a regular external HDD drive for my BC Xbox/360/One games (ugh worst naming convention ever) and only have Series X enhanced games on the internal storage. It works for me.

I flinched and paid $750 for the 2tb a few months after getting the console (months prior having the Series S and being content with the even smaller internal hdd on that and just playing the Xbox One/BC titles off the external HDD). They're only $559 at JB Hifi now lol.

It's a hard sell - you should be fine with a regular hdd (keeping in mind that Series S/X titles can't be played off of regular HDD's) and just rotate the downloaded games between that and the console itself. Granted if you have xxx games on the go, the juggling becomes harder.

Thanks Ambrose Burnside and Xtreme. So yeah I have a pretty decent collection of Xbox One games and a few Series X games so its mainly storage for games like The Witcher 3, RDR2, MK11, GTA5 etc. I've checked out this one which I'm wary of as its 3TB for $110 on Amazon, too good to be true?

Western Digital Black 3TB P10 Game Drive for Xbox One​

Dead Island 2 has just dropped onto Gamespass, along with Bluey.
i missed dead island 2 dropping never played it or the first one

played the absolute s**t out of the Original Dead Rising when it came out

i missed dead island 2 dropping never played it or the first one

played the absolute s**t out of the Original Dead Rising when it came out

It's meant to be pretty good and up to 3 person co-op.

It's meant to be pretty good and up to 3 person co-op.
now I just need friends with xbox that can play intermittently exactly when I want to and no other time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back