XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

At the moment it is, but if let’s say Microsoft blows it up, their exclusives go to PS5, they do a SEGA, i don’t think gamepass alone will be a big enough threat for Sony to worry about.

Xbox has been clear that they want gamespass everywhere, that includes Playstation. I certainly see Gamepass being like Ubisoft+ in that regard.

Gamespass is a competition to Sony, the xbox is not. What is it 3 to 1 sales currently?
this spins me out as the xbox is the better console

I have the ps5 & xbox xs and had both consoles on last gen too. So I can give an unbiased opinion

Gamepass is also much better than ps+. But ps do have the much better exclusive games

Neither console has a catalogue worth boasting about this gen. PS5 is selling well by default at the moment because they kicked Xbox’s arse last gen and everyone has moved on to making PS their main platform, the thing genuinely has less exclusives than the Dreamcast.

Seeing some/most/all remaining Xbox exclusives go to PlayStation would pretty much kill the brand. There’d be a few million that would continue to buy Xbox if they continue making hardware no doubt about it but it would be pointless for many to choose it over PS.

I have the ps5 & xbox xs and had both consoles on last gen too. So I can give an unbiased opinion

Gamepass is also much better than ps+. But ps do have the much better exclusive games

Technically I feel that the ps5 displays games better resolution wise (xbox looks identical with some adjustment) but I love the Xbox ecosystem a lot more.

If they pivot away, it would be one less platform to buy games for :p. Would only get GTA VI on ps/pc lol.

I don't feel like the Xbox's extra horsepower has spun out into any tangible advantage, and the dual sense is a lot better (outside of the annoying stick placement Sony refuses to change).

The framerate boost on older titles is a big win for Xbox, but other than those couple of things it's a bit of a wash. They really got stung by not having any system moving exclusives.

I don't feel like the Xbox's extra horsepower has spun out into any tangible advantage, and the dual sense is a lot better (outside of the annoying stick placement Sony refuses to change).

The framerate boost on older titles is a big win for Xbox, but other than those couple of things it's a bit of a wash. They really got stung by not having any system moving exclusives.
The quick load of multiple games on xbox is 10 times better than the play stations crappy attempt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Less competition is always a bad thing for the industry.

If they do exit the console game I'm not going to like it. They have the better hardware, controllers, UI and ecosystem.

Would be a hard sell to get me over to PlayStation instead of just investing in a high end PC and setting it up for lounge room / couch play.

Would be a hard sell to get me over to PlayStation instead of just investing in a high end PC and setting it up for lounge room / couch play.

Yep, I'll go PC only too.

I have ethernet ports throughout my house so I'll investigate ways to stream from my PC in the study to the theatre TV depending on the mood I'm in (and who's hogging the theatre TV).

There is a lot of competition in the gaming industry and it's not exclusive to Xbox vs Playstation lol. Only the vocal, online minority that make up about 5% (being generous) of the actual console player-base choose to think like this.

Microsoft leaving the traditional console hardware space changes nothing.

Won't find some French or Japanese bloke with the same brain-dead console warring mentality as an American.

When we're talking competition I think it's obvious we're talking the high end console space. If Microsoft pull out, there is no competition there.

This isn't console wars my Halo is better than your Killzone or whatever, but legit concerns that there won't be anyone even trying to hold Sony to account. Microsoft championed backwards compatibility, cross play, PC ports. Sony forced to offer the same features and release their games on PC benefitted everyone. Monopolies never benefit the consumer.

You see it on PC too amongst competing storefronts. Competition forcing Steam to adjust the cut they take from sales etc. which benefits developers. Without Epic Store, we wouldn't have seen that.

There are no competing storefronts on PlayStation so they can charge whatever they want. Usually more than retail. Where, funnily enough, there's competition.

Last edited:
Ah, might be a bit of a placebo effect I think. Can't see anything about it from any of the usual test sources.

They’re similar but from what I’ve experienced (brother has a ps5) and read online, Xbox’s quick resume has the leg up over PlayStations switcher.

Ah, might be a bit of a placebo effect I think. Can't see anything about it from any of the usual test sources.
Nah xbox will have up to 4 games on fast load and be ready for a couple of weeks

Sometimes I start up the ps and there are no available fast load games

Nah xbox will have up to 4 games on fast load and be ready for a couple of weeks

Sometimes I start up the ps and there are no available fast load games

Yes someone else clarified what you meant, I get it.

Still, actual load times are the same, the PS5 just doesn't do those save states (which is a nifty feature, but not all that impactful when games load so quick regardless).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back