XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Yikes

Quite a shame. I hope they find roles in a similar position elsewhere, but it seems like there's a lot of downsizing just now and a lot of competition for jobs.

I read on Reddit apparently a lot of those job losses were in departments related to where Microsoft bring games to physical format, if that means anything.

I read on Reddit apparently a lot of those job losses were in departments related to where Microsoft bring games to physical format, if that means anything.

They're supposedly releasing an all digital Xbox (a series X revision of the Series S digital model) and prepping for the next next gen Xbox that's rumoured to be a digital only device.

Last edited:
Yuck.

I like physical media (and the price competition it provides)
Yep, great bargains to be had and competition on new releases. The hobby needs the blend we currently have. Hopefully they outsource this work but not looking forward to an all digital future with maybe some limited edition releases (if there's any drive to use..).

All digital isn’t consumer friendly, that’s my concern, new games at full price with no way of getting them cheaper unless they release on gamepass day 1.

Then you just rely on sales throughout the year.
Even when digital has a sale it is rarely cheaper than physical or even remotely close to what you can get those same sale games at due to the already inflated base price.

I also used to scoff at the physical people about game content disappearing etc until I experienced myself. Crazy taxi without the songs just isn't right but even with the physical "backwards" compatible disc on Xbox it just downloads the digital version sans the offspring even though I own the original...

Looks like Xbox will be going Multiplatform per numerous reputable sources. Phil Spencer hasn’t denied the rumours and said there will be a statement next will to announce the future of Xbox.

They had a good run, the only console maker other than Nintendo to match Sonys PlayStation market share at some point in their history, but 10 years (arguably longer than that) of heck-ups gets you here.

I think they will still make hardware and support the Series consoles until the gen is over, but it’ll just be a game pass machine next gen.

Looks like Xbox will be going Multiplatform per numerous reputable sources. Phil Spencer hasn’t denied the rumours and said there will be a statement next will to announce the future of Xbox.

They had a good run, the only console maker other than Nintendo to match Sonys PlayStation market share at some point in their history, but 10 years (arguably longer than that) of *-ups gets you here.

I think they will still make hardware and support the Series consoles until the gen is over, but it’ll just be a game pass machine next gen.

Jump up to the general thread, we've been talking about this for a couple days 👍🏻

I'm not writing off another Xbox yet but it does sound like some major changes are coming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty interested to see what Spencer is going to say later this week. Microsoft seem to be taking a large change of direction in their approach to business.

I think a lot of presumptions are going around, granted fairly decent xbox ITKs are making big claims.

They had a good run, the only console maker other than Nintendo to match Sonys PlayStation market share at some point in their history, but 10 years (arguably longer than that) of *-ups gets you here.

Sega suffered the same fate their hecks up caught up to them seems that same is happening with Xbox.

Series X = Dreamcast

Will leave Sony with no competition in the console market, not a good thing.
They still have Nintendo but they do there own thing and don't compete with Sony but yeah this what I'm concerned about.

If Apple wants to get in the console gaming biz then this is there chance they would sell far more hardware then Xbox

Will leave Sony with no competition in the console market, not a good thing.

Gamespass is a competition to Sony, the xbox is not. What is it 3 to 1 sales currently?

They still have Nintendo but they do there own thing and don't compete with Sony but yeah this what I'm concerned about.

If Apple wants to get in the console gaming biz then this is there chance they would sell far more in terms of hardware then Xbox

Yeah Nintendo don’t compete with Sony as it is so no problem there.

Can’t see anyone entering the console market, mobile gaming is the threat.

That’s not surprising tbh, can play Xbox games on my Samsung tv through the app, but it’s not great, with Australia’s shitty internet, playing games via streaming just isn’t good at all.

Gamepass will suffer especially in Aus but I’m not sure how big gamepass here is compared to other countries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back