News Xavier Duursma departs for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if you believed 'the coach is irrelevant if the system is right' (which is ludicrous given the variables & multi skilled nature of it aside from tactics eg. mental prep, culture, motivation, inspiration etc. etc.) the system is obviously s**t lol.
Why pay him then if it's not his system?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I probably didn’t realise Duursma was such a fan favourite.

I rated Amon as a player more, so that was probably slightly more disappointing for me. Especially considering Amon was really starting to play good footy for us and I thought the free agency compo short changed us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
X may be many things but he wasn't afraid of contact like that Amon squib.

Do I want Essendon to win a flag? * no.

But would I enjoy seeing Xavier win a flag after the bullshit he had to endure here, in the same way I enjoyed seeing Billy Frampton win one? Absolutely.

What I'd really love is to see him get traded back here once Hinkley gets the boot and get it done for us.

What bullshit did he endure here? He got traded and that’s it.

Personally, I didn’t give a s**t about billy winning the flag and I won’t give a s**t if X wins a flag at Essendon. Might want to try and win a final first though.

What bullshit did he endure here? He got traded and that’s it.

Personally, I didn’t give a s**t about billy winning the flag and I won’t give a s**t if X wins a flag at Essendon. Might want to try and win a final first though.

1698256740670.png

I wish Duursma the best of luck, sad to lose him & the way he was lost stinks.
Not sure if this is relevant but I overheard 2 young port players chatting at the local bakery the day the news broke that donuts was reappointed and one of them said ‘it will be interesting to see who is still here next year’.
I got the impression there were factions forming in the players group & donuts has his favourites, just watch the body language of Hayes/ Duursma when they get benched & have to sit next to daddy

So he got dropped once? Big deal.

I reckon there were many more times where he was picked when he shouldn't have been too. If he wasn't taken in the first round he wouldn't have played as many games as he did.

Had some really poor runs of form where they persisted with him, 2023 especially.

Nothing at the club is a big deal any more. We've persisted with a loser coach for 11 years with two more to come.
Don't get me wrong i loved X's passion, and probably would've preferred to have kept him but still got BZT through some other avenue but it's done now and we move on.

Not sure this is worth the worry and i don't think the club deserves the pile on it is getting for this either.

If the club sat on it's hands and didn't make any moves in the trade period, everyone would've been critical of that too.

I'm frustrated too and want to win a flag asap, but i just think the trashing of the club over what was a fairly run of the mill trade is unfair.

Would be nice to be able to have a discussion on aspects of the club without it always going back to this whole 11 years of Ken crap. Yeah, i would've moved Ken on yonks ago but he is the coach for now, i'm sick of every thread getting derailed about Kern this Ken that.

X may be many things but he wasn't afraid of contact like that Amon squib.
That is true, X had more courage, Amon had a lot more polish though. you take out Duursma and put Amon back on the wing in 2023 and we are a better team i reckon. Having the odd squib is okay if they do other things well, Amon was a much better user of the ball than Duursma. Got a lot more space and was lot more damaging in general.

I hoping Sinn or Burgoyne can step up and fill that void.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong i loved X's passion, and probably would've preferred to have kept him but still got BZT through some other avenue but it's done now and we move on.

Not sure this is worth the worry and i don't think the club deserves the pile on it is getting for this either.

If the club sat on it's hands and didn't make any moves in the trade period, everyone would've been critical of that too.

I'm frustrated too and want to win a flag asap, but i just think the trashing of the club over what was a fairly run of the mill trade is unfair.

Would be nice to be able to have a discussion on aspects of the club without it always going back to this whole 11 years of Ken crap. Yeah, i would've moved Ken on yonks ago but he is the coach for now, i'm sick of every thread getting derailed about Kern this Ken that.
So then, I light of your feelings on the matter, is it time for that ole favourite once again

wait for it!

almost there!

"SACK HINKLEY"

😆🥳😈

A bit precious if true, soft as.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not so much precious, more just the gall of someone who achieved absolutely nothing as a player and absolutely nothing as a coach to be criticising a player in public. If Dimma Hardwick said it (or much worse) you would cop it on the chin.

Not so much precious, more just the gall of someone who achieved absolutely nothing as a player and absolutely nothing as a coach to be criticising a player in public. If Dimma Hardwick said it (or much worse) you would cop it on the chin.

If X wanted to be a one club player he would have, getting the shits on the coach for saying that is just not on, especially when would have been around the club a hell of a lot longer than ol man Hinx.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I probably didn’t realise Duursma was such a fan favourite.

I rated Amon as a player more, so that was probably slightly more disappointing for me. Especially considering Amon was really starting to play good footy for us and I thought the free agency compo short changed us.

Duursma was a work in progress, Amon was a complete product.

To me the difference was I don't think we could have kept Karlos, whereas we pushed Xavier out for no reason whatsoever. If you look at our trade period as a whole, and take Duurs out of it...

Out: A future first, a second rounder, a third rounder, a fourth rounder, a fifth rounder
In: BZT, a fourth rounder, a future fourth, Esava, Sweet, Soldo

That should have been more than enough to get those deals done.

Duurs literally left so that we could overpay badly for Esava in a situation where we had no reason to do so and held all the leverage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back