News Xavier Duursma departs for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

We've been a reactive side for quite a long time. A lack of wins brings a lack of confidence and faith in your play. It's what happens to long losing sides like us.

Port on the other hand play a very reactive confident daring game, which comes off the back of hard working 2 way running.

I can absolutely see that minset and game Duursma has brought to us.
2 way gut runner, skilful, tough, and confident in every way. The latter can't be undersold imo.
The bit in bold is not true. He burns the ball more than anyone. Kills momentum massively.

During Ken's reign, we haven't had a lot of players go to other clubs and bite us on the backside that often.

Duursma has that potential and although it is early days, I am pretty happy with the Berzerker.

During Ken's reign, we haven't had a lot of players go to other clubs and bite us on the backside that often.
Spot on. A few have shown patches. Impey, Amon and Wingard have all been ok, Howard had a small purple patch where we thought we'd missed a trick, but has since reverted to type.. I can't think of any others that I look at and think that they could do a job for us now.

Even Polec, who looked like he was ready to take the next step ended up regressing away. Genuinely cannot think of a single player that left and made us fully regret it.

Can it be Duursma? I doubt it. I think he will end up a solid player who has good games, but will not go on to be a world beater. Similar to Amon, he will be a good contributor to his team.

Seems to be an improved player this year, I was actually thinking that he'd slot into our vacant wing spot at the moment.

Yes I know he came for BZT I don't think Duursma would have been the end all be all to completing that deal.

Seems to be an improved player this year, I was actually thinking that he'd slot into our vacant wing spot at the moment.

Yes I know he came for BZT I don't think Duursma would have been the end all be all to completing that deal.
BZT has exceeded expectations so far but it was still a dumb trade. Duursma was contracted, BZT wasn't. We probably could've had both.

Watched the game again last night instead of the cats & dogs, heard the boos loud and clear. For JHF too, couldn’t discern them at the game.

Lazy banter.
I'm pretty sure the booing for JHF, Duursma and BZT all came from the same spot, standing area. Didn't even realize it was happening till halfway through the game. It wasn't a thing where we were sitting

Just remember how our game plan works (or more correctly, doesn't work) for wingmen. :thumbsdown::confusedv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been playing well the past few weeks. Not a loss to Port though, as we don't use our wingmen in the same way as most teams do.
He's now in a side that plays conventional wings, so he'll thrive in their system.

Durs will be at the PAFC long after that campaigner Hinkley is gone forever. Next time shoot that arrow at the coaches box you champ.
Found this post from 2019 and made myself sad.

Trade looking like a win win for both parties.
Came across to say this. Zerk looks great now that he has frontal pressure and other key defenders to help him, and Duurs has slotted in really well too.

Great game but i still think this trade was a genuine win/win for all parties.

One thing that always annoys me about the trade period is that everyone thinks they should be screwing the other club over in order for the deal to be worth it. As in they feel that they have to win the trade but the whole idea of trades though is that it is meant to be a good deal for all parties.

this is a genuine good deal for everyone because we needed BZT much more than Duursma, and he has helped make our backline look much more solid, but Duursma has slotted in very nicely at the Dons.

Great game but i still think this trade was a genuine win/win for all parties.

One thing that always annoys me about the trade period is that everyone thinks they should be screwing the other club over in order for the deal to be worth it. As in they feel that they have to win the trade but the whole idea of trades though is that it is meant to be a good deal for all parties.

this is a genuine good deal for everyone because we needed BZT much more than Duursma, and he has helped make our backline look much more solid, but Duursma has slotted in very nicely at the Dons.
Hope you don’t mind the intrusion. Well said. Win win. BZT will be terrific if he’s the number 2/3 defender. He will slot in very nicely. Duursma giving us two way hard running and defensive standards so exactly what we needed. Trade period working for both clubs 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back