News Xavier Duursma departs for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Had 23 touches for 177m gained. It's like they tell him to just give the ball to the closest player. Disposal efficiency was only 78%.

Duurs didn't like Hinkley. Even if our entire list was made up of Duursma clones we would be in a better place because our Idiocracy wouldn't keep not sacking Hinkley because of an imagined threat of mass player walkouts.

Duurs didn't like Hinkley. Even if our entire list was made up of Duursma clones we would be in a better place because our Idiocracy wouldn't keep not sacking Hinkley because of an imagined threat of mass player walkouts.
Exactly he didn’t like Hinkley as do most of us I hold him no ill will as a result I ******* hate Hinkley too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been a reactive side for quite a long time. A lack of wins brings a lack of confidence and faith in your play. It's what happens to long losing sides like us.

Port on the other hand play a very reactive confident daring game, which comes off the back of hard working 2 way running.

I can absolutely see that minset and game Duursma has brought to us.
2 way gut runner, skilful, tough, and confident in every way. The latter can't be undersold imo.

We've been a reactive side for quite a long time. A lack of wins brings a lack of confidence and faith in your play. It's what happens to long losing sides like us.

Port on the other hand play a very reactive confident daring game, which comes off the back of hard working 2 way running.

I can absolutely see that minset and game Duursma has brought to us.
2 way gut runner, skilful, tough, and confident in every way. The latter can't be undersold imo.
Hinkley made him a shell of the young, brash, confident player he was when he first arrived. Loved Duurs and wish him nothing but the best.

I do recall this early version of Duursma.
Admittedly i was reluctant in the trade, after watching his last couple of years.

He's still a good runner, the knock on him post injury is being an absolute ball butcher. watching a couple of Essendon games this year I'm not sure if it's improved, though his last game was good. If he can get his kicking to at least an average standard he'll be a solid player

He's still a good runner, the knock on him post injury is being an absolute ball butcher. watching a couple of Essendon games this year I'm not sure if it's improved, though his last game was good. If he can get his kicking to at least an average standard he'll be a solid player

I did notice he would almost always take the shorter easy option. Unless the long option was clearly to our advantage. Perhaps he understands his limitations, or its the coaches instructions.

Admittedly i was reluctant in the trade, after watching his last couple of years.
X has been cruelled by inopportune injuries and mismanaged by our so-called "fitness" department. If he's injury free and given confidence by the coach, you'll see the best of him.

Hinkley made him a shell of the young, brash, confident player he was when he first arrived. Loved Duurs and wish him nothing but the best.
And Hinkley is responsible for global warming and World War 1 and 2.

Every time Duursma looked like he was gaining confidence, he got injured. He lacked confidence due to the injuries and lack of continuity. Not everything is Hinkley's fault believe it or not.

And Hinkley is responsible for global warming and World War 1 and 2.

Every time Duursma looked like he was gaining confidence, he got injured. He lacked confidence due to the injuries and lack of continuity. Not everything is Hinkley's fault believe it or not.
Nope. Everything to do with what we've become as a club I attribute to Hinkley and his enablers, Koch and Davies.

I always felt Duursma was a worthy the investment as long as his body could stand up to injury. The kid needs games and experience to grow but should be a solid player going forward. Maybe a bit too vanilla for some fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back