Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

If true, the PGAT would have to accept some responsibility for that. Did him dirty last year.

Whether its true or not, who knows. Like Rahm, if there is an imminent merger, its a great cash grab. However it comes with a rather large blow back.

I eagerly anticipate the outcome of this and the reaction from both sides. All anti-Rory, LIV bots will froth. Pro-Rory will be spewing. Sounds like fun.

If true, the PGAT would have to accept some responsibility for that. Did him dirty last year.

Whether its true or not, who knows. Like Rahm, if there is an imminent merger, its a great cash grab. However it comes with a rather large blow back.

I eagerly anticipate the outcome of this and the reaction from both sides. All anti-Rory, LIV bots will froth. Pro-Rory will be spewing. Sounds like fun.

I won't froth as you say it, it would be a dagger however into the PGA tour. But I am not sure how many friends he has over at LIV? Not that it would matter as the money is to much to turn down.
Surely Yassir is not that stupid to give him 850 Million and then bring it all together in a few months time? Unless this is the one big card left to show the tour that they have no say where Golf is heading at the highest level?

I am guessing this is a good rumour and nothing more.

Would be quite amazing. Might increase the chances of LIV and the Euro Tour coming together?

As it stands, he wouldn't get to Augusta past next year without an invite or a change in golf.

Only just occurred to me that Hatton's T12 was very important as it gets him in next year.

Hattons bogey on I think 15 or 16? was when he thought he might of made one to many errors, he was angry with himself. But yes he gets in for next year now.

Love Rory to miss the cut, sick of listening to him.
Sookilroy and our now the golden Bear changing their tune in regards to LIV golf, the media should bash the hell out of these guys but nope they just let them off the hook for being knobs for 2 years.
Clearly they are getting close to an agreement, wonder what the hold up was?
Who has the power?

Your new contributions are great. I can only claim Sookilroy.
Never seen a sportsman sook more in my life. Such a shame as he is a great golfer.

Our man gws surely about to carve out half a day to delete all unkind posts directed at the soon to be new member of the family!

Our man gws surely about to carve out half a day to delete all unkind posts directed at the soon to be new member of the family!

Why would I do that, nothing will change except the talent gets stronger on LIV. Still think he is a sook and will continue to think that even if by some chance this rumour is true.
Sorry to let you down but I won't be deleting anything.

Why would I do that, nothing will change except the talent gets stronger on LIV. Still think he is a sook and will continue to think that even if by some chance this rumour is true.
Sorry to let you down but I won't be deleting anything.
You should listen to the latest McKellar pod. Mike Clayton was the guest, spent a bit of time on the Shark, all very complimentary on his golf and what might have been. Was then asked about him turning up at Augusta, and responded,

"Well he has always been an odd guy".

You should listen to the latest McKellar pod. Mike Clayton was the guest, spent a bit of time on the Shark, all very complimentary on his golf and what might have been. Was then asked about him turning up at Augusta, and responded,

Just listened to it this AM actually. Was a great episode (Masters review).

Will do mate. Nick Ohearn says the same thing that he is just an odd guy.

I would have ended up at the funny farm if I copped the beatings that the Shark endured.

I used to get up early and watch and would always say surely he is due this time? But alas no he wasn't. He had some very poor final rounds in American majors. Even the ones he lost to freaky shots he was at one point up a few shots in that final round.
Only he knows why those things happened, he won two opens so its not like he didn't know how to win.
Such a shame as talent wise he probably should of won about 8-10 majors. I wonder if he had won those majors would he of been where he is today?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won't froth as you say it, it would be a dagger however into the PGA tour. But I am not sure how many friends he has over at LIV? Not that it would matter as the money is to much to turn down.
Surely Yassir is not that stupid to give him 850 Million and then bring it all together in a few months time? Unless this is the one big card left to show the tour that they have no say where Golf is heading at the highest level?

I am guessing this is a good rumour and nothing more.
It would appear its a rubbish rumour. A few golf journos have already dismissed it. Theyve been wrong before though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back